Extermination thoughts...

With players being able to respawn instantly, it will pretty much kill the extermination medal. If you don’t know how to get it, then go to your medals and read the description of how you get it on you service record. 343i will either…

1. Keep the medal the same.
  2. Make the time to get it quicker or extended.
  3. Not require at least an overkill, but just wiping out the team.
  4. Change it so that you still need an overkill within 4 seconds, but won’t matter if they respawn.
  5. Or mix of the options I made above.

What do you guys think the extermination medal will function. I doubt that they’ll get rid of the medal.

It really needs to be fixed. I saw a MLG game, where one player(I think it was Legit) got 3 times a double kill extermination.

And I don’t want a extermination for wiping out 2 guys in double team. People would probably start to boost exterminations.

The way as it was in Halo 3 is good enough. It’s hard to get sometimes, but when you got it, you deserved it.

Yeah, but with the instant respawning maybe they’ll make it so they could still respawn but you get the medal anyway within a time limit of at least an overkill.

> Yeah, but with the instant respawning maybe they’ll make it so they could still respawn but you get the medal anyway within a time limit of at least an overkill.

The instant respawn is only been confirmed in the Regicide mode, which is a FFA mode.(correct me if I’m wrong)
Etermination medals can only be obtained in a Team based game. So, I don’t see a problem there, unless they have a game-mode with instant respawn in Team based modes.

Another thing if they do bring it back somehow it should be a top medal again.

> Another thing if they do bring it back somehow it should be a top medal again.

Oh yeah. Totally forgot it. Make the Extermination medal more important than the First Strike medal… The First Strike medal should be removed or made less important.

> > Another thing if they do bring it back somehow it should be a top medal again.
>
> Oh yeah. Totally forgot it. Make the Extermination medal more important than the First Strike medal… The First Strike medal should be removed or made less important.

Agreed. Also, they should make a last strike medal. Isn’t the last kill more important than the first? In games where the score is close near the end, it doesn’t matter who got the first kill at that point. It shouldn’t be that valuable, as there will be one in every game, but it would be a neat medal.

> > > Another thing if they do bring it back somehow it should be a top medal again.
> >
> > Oh yeah. Totally forgot it. Make the Extermination medal more important than the First Strike medal… The First Strike medal should be removed or made less important.
>
> Agreed. <mark>Also, they should make a last strike medal. Isn’t the last kill more important than the first?</mark> In games where the score is close near the end, it doesn’t matter who got the first kill at that point. It shouldn’t be that valuable, as there will be one in every game, but it would be a neat medal.

This is a good idea, but I would be okay, if it’s not included.

> > > Another thing if they do bring it back somehow it should be a top medal again.
> >
> > Oh yeah. Totally forgot it. Make the Extermination medal more important than the First Strike medal… The First Strike medal should be removed or made less important.
>
> Agreed. Also, they should make a last strike medal. Isn’t the last kill more important than the first? In games where the score is close near the end, it doesn’t matter who got the first kill at that point. It shouldn’t be that valuable, as there will be one in every game, but it would be a neat medal.

they should just replace first strike with last strike