Expressed disdain of halo 4.

Ya, this is a rant on this game if you don’t like it don’t read.

I’ve been playing halo ever since Combat Evolved back in the early days of xbox/xbox live and after Halo two there has been a real decline in gameplay not only in the halo franchise but every game so far. (Take out all that button glitching, modding ,etc in two and you had a good game there.)

What the hell is going on here? Are you developers getting lazy with making games playable and enjoyable by people? It seems like every developer in today’s world want to monopolize the industry and try to streamline these games. Well let me tell you a little secret as to why Halo one was so enjoyable besides it being revolutionary for it’s time. It’s called risk and reward.

People in video games and the same in life should have to struggle to make themselves better at it. That is what humanity and existence in the first place is. We strive off adversary. This game though… I think is quiet the opposite of adverse. You want to know why games in the past where so popular? It’s because they actually gave a challenge and weren’t streamlined like today is.

People thrive off of it and all these so called balancing ideas and making the games casual are what is killing the industry.

For starters campaign.

To me halo 4 on legendary was the easiest campaign I have ever played in a halo game. When I beat the game I didn’t feel any form of accomplishment at all. It was just ok I beat it so what. Even with mythic on legendary it’s the same. Don’t get me wrong I liked the story because it went into MC’s and Cortana’s ordeal and what it was like but the enemy AI was to easy to deal with. Difficulty shouldn’t be focused on the enemies taking more bullets. No it should be that they have the same strength on any difficulty except harder ones they show better tactics and strategies.

Spartan Ops

The only problem I have with this is the lag in some games. Running on a 20 Mbps up and down and still it lags? I don’t get it? Gears of War 1,2 and 3 was fine with it’s campaign and it’s using the same synced system yours is so what’s the deal?

Multiplayer

I could type out an entire presentation on the problems with this but I’m going to keep this short because people already know the problems. First off the DMR thing…really? I mean it is the new go to weapon for everything. You can shoot close, medium, or long and still beat out every other gun even if the other person lands all the shots of their gun. You know how annoying it is to try and use the br medium range and land every shot only to have the other player using a dmr beat you because of the kill times on it? We’ve all been there and it’s stupid and breaks gameplay.

I’m not going to say anymore because there’s a real simple fix to all this crap. Make the base player damage 110% and change nothing else. That right there fixes a ton of issues with the guns especially when they are used in their ranges.

Decrease the boltshot range on charge shots(less then scattershot). Simple. Increase the single shot damage for it instead. A full clip won’t kill someone while the PP and Magnum can kill in one clip/overheat. I mean it’s a forerunner weapon for pity sakes. It’s meant to be better then Covenant or human counterparts.

The spread on the scattershot needs to be decreased as well. Again it’s a forerunner weapon. The bouncing off walls will work better if the spread of the shots is decreased. It should also kill at a larger range then the shotgun blast does but it doesn’t.

That’s all I’m going to type on the multiplayer but there is a ton more that could be added. I mean literally a presentations worth.

I know this is your first game 343 but you should really get on the ball with this. It seems like MLG (they are the ones who put the 110% base damage thing up) is always having to pull the halo games out of the fire. Seem it since 3 and it is a continuing thing. Don’t let this be the fall of halo. Already happened with blops two multiplayer but they are working on it and have already put out 2 title updates versus halo’s one from launch day.

TL:DR Games need to be more challenging like older games so people have to work towards being good. Not this anybody can play crap in today’s world.

You can’t sit behind your desks thinking your game is perfect anymore 343. Many people have said there sorrows on the forums already. Are you going to turn a blind eye to them? Are you going to simply ignore the community that has been disappearing since Halo Reach?

It doesn’t take months or even weeks to fix a problem. I already put some major ones down and it’s real -Yoinking!- simple. Oh I forgot you already got money from the game so you don’t give a -Yoink-. Luckily I played it at my friends house over the week and didn’t buy it because I knew damn well it would be Reach all over again.

Call of Duty already fell and they’re fixing its problems why haven’t you?

If you seriously want halo to stay alive and return to numbers that could possibly surpass even halo 2’s online game time you have to fix this. It’s been a good 5 weeks already with nothing but complaints on the forums. Don’t feed that bs about the forums are a minority. The people playing the game right now only proves a point that a lot of people bought the game but ibviously still aren’t playing it.

I want to see 1.5 million like I did on halo 2 in the first week. Come on! A lot of people want to see it happen but you have to fix this.

your service record says you haven’t played the game yet

The game has soooooo much potential but is sadly let down by random ordnance drops, poorly designed oversized maps and bland playlists (just to name a few).

> your service record says you haven’t played the game yet

“Luckily I played it at my friends house over the week and didn’t buy it because I knew damn well it would be Reach all over again.”

> your service record says you haven’t played the game yet

This is a quick account I made because my primary was acting up and not signing in. Back to topic though. I agree with “AU” this game has loads of potential. Really setting the base damage to 110% fixes a crap load of problems this game has with the guns. Take out the boltshot and it’s near perfect with this setting. I’m serious go try it out you’ll be amazed how much better it plays.

It fixes the DMR problem and makes every gun fit where it is suppose to. Maps though nobody can fix unless 343 lets community maps into MM like Reach did. About the only good thing from Reach in my opinion.

For the record, I think back to Halo 1 it was transparent and known that the difference between the difficulties was the resilience of the enemies (i.e., they take more bullets). In other words, an elite on easy would have the same AI as on on legendary, only the one of easy didn’t live long enough to show this off.

> > your service record says you haven’t played the game yet
>
> This is a quick account I made because my primary was acting up and not signing in. Back to topic though. I agree with “AU” this game has loads of potential. Really setting the base damage to 110% fixes a crap load of problems this game has with the guns. Take out the boltshot and it’s near perfect with this setting. I’m serious go try it out you’ll be amazed how much better it plays.
>
> It fixes the DMR problem and makes every gun fit where it is suppose to. Maps though nobody can fix unless 343 lets community maps into MM like Reach did. About the only good thing from Reach in my opinion.

ok yes this game has issues. But what game dosnt and its better than reach and I think its the best. The only reason they haven’t added forge maps is because everyone complained in reach about thats all they played and they looked the same. Now thats what people want and now they want a forge world its so stupid I’m pretty good at forge and the space given is big enough.

Never said it wasn’t the best. I’m just talking about the things that will bring the game up to its potential and even more. Those who are a part of the forge community could definitely bring some new maps to the party.

IMO so far the only time the maps look the same in halo 4 in forge is when people use the same area over and over. Waterfalls, craters, ledges, etc. Kind of wish halo 4 forge was like Farcry 3’s right now. It’s ridiculous how it is. I mean what if you could make your own missions? (I know farcry 3 is only you when you add AI but think about it.)

Isn’t that something people have wanted for a long time? To add AI to their maps and play it with friends? again IMO but that would definitely bring some people to the game. Maybe, in 5 or 6.

I agree with Halo 4 having so much potential. It’s like watching a lion sit inside a cage surrounded by a herd of lamb, but nobody wants to unlock it. It can be frustrating. A few days ago I watched a Halo 4 video on youtube of customs with the BR set as a 4 shot kill. It was absolutely entertaining! The pace was fast, the battles were intense, and it just looked like Halo gameplay was supposed to. Having the BR as a 4 shot would definitely cause the community fire to sizzle out. Most of the maps are suited for DMR in the first place, with only 3?..I believe that would influence players to pick up the BR. In my opinion that would make the most of having a load-out system. It would also eliminate the “go to weapon” aspect by making weapon choice based purely on A) situation & B) map. Such an easy fix. I really can’t believe that it hasn’t been addressed yet…

i respectfully disagree.

good day sir.