Explosion of Halo 4 Information

An Explosion of Halo 4 Information is the last thing i wanna see from 343 or Microsoft or whoever… like in Halo 3 we knew basically all the levels all the characters and the whole story weeks before its release

i have a bad feeling towards the end of February we will see a whole shabang of information, trailers screenshots in game footage etc… that will ruin everything!

if they must show something they should show a random concept type level that will never appear in the game with all the new technology, new weapons and all that on display and show multiplayer plus all the new things you can do in theater mode and forge excluding firefight

the campaign and firefight should be kept on serious lock-down until about a month before release and if they must show new enemies it should be done in a way of a vidoc with just concept art and a narrator, i would hate for them to show off the new enemies in-game and ruin the surprise except if at some point you fight the covenant or flood that would be alright since we are all familiar with them

In short i would rather have barely anything like now than have the whole game explored and figured out before we even play the dam thing

thoughts?

Weasel

I actually wouldn’t mind a truck load of info. It will make up for the lack of info in the past 6 months.

So you want to buy a game you know nothing about?

Thats fine if you dont want information, just turn your computer off for 6 months and go buy Halo 4 when it comes out.

> I actually wouldn’t mind a truck load of info. It will make up for the lack of info in the past 6 months.

Heck yeah! (Frickin’ up “Keep it clean” rule)

If it bugs you, you could always just not look. :stuck_out_tongue:

what im trying to say is i welcome new info, its just that i dont want Microsoft to shove it down our throats like how EA is doing somewhat towards Mass Effect 3, Bioshock infinite is doing a great job, they have got people at the edge of their seats waiting and yet we dont really have a clue as to what the heck its all about

Since Microsoft (i think) is riding on the success of Halo 4 since no other major title is under them this year i just have a bad feeling they will “over hype” it and show like the coolest part of the story just say level 6 and spoil the whole “wow OMG i feel like im playing halo 1 for the first time again!” and turn it into - “oh yeah i remember this from E3”

Weasel

I see what he is saying though. Although I do want to see some gameplay and pictuers before it’s realease. I don’t want them to give it all away. For example. I couldn’t wait to see what all the new chacters and levels would look like before Combat Evolved Anniversary came out. But a few days before they showed many of the parts I wanted to see again when I planned on revisting myself and getting to see it again.

I didn’t know a truck load of info could scare people, especially when they only revealed trailer tease, concept art, interviews and that was like how long ago lol. Oh let’s not forget the rumors being dismissed. This will be like striking gold to me.

> what im trying to say is i welcome new info, its just that i dont want Microsoft to shove it down our throats like how EA is doing somewhat towards Mass Effect 3, Bioshock infinite is doing a great job, they have got people at the edge of their seats waiting and yet we dont really have a clue as to what the heck its all about
>
> Since Microsoft (i think) is riding on the success of Halo 4 since no other major title is under them this year i just have a bad feeling they will “over hype” it and show like the coolest part of the story just say level 6 and spoil the whole “wow OMG i feel like im playing halo 1 for the first time again!” and turn it into - “oh yeah i remember this from E3”
>
> Weasel

Their not forcing you to see the info, its there for people who want it. Stop complaining over the explosion of info

oh, wait.

what’s halo 4? with so little info I thought the game was just speculation or a hoax.
jk

I do agree. There was no mystery to the previous games story-wise. You knew the general premise and there were very few big shocking turns or moments in them. Reach was the best/worst at this; you knew no one would make it (okay Jun maybe and all that, I refuse to believe the Jorge is alive theories though). Halo 3 didn’t ruin story in any way, but a lot of the world/environment had been shown a lot.

I want to see a butt-load of non-campaign footage. That way I can get a good understanding of how the engine looks and feels, as well as how multiplayer has evolved. The last thing I want is “watch the first 10 minutes of Halo 4” or mission walkthroughs.

> I do agree. There was no mystery to the previous games story-wise. You knew the general premise and there were very few big shocking turns or moments in them. Reach was the best/worst at this; you knew no one would make it (okay Jun maybe and all that, I refuse to believe the Jorge is alive theories though). Halo 3 didn’t ruin story in any way, but a lot of the world/environment had been shown a lot.
>
> I want to see a butt-load of non-campaign footage. That way I can get a good understanding of how the engine looks and feels, as well as how multiplayer has evolved. The last thing I want is “watch the first 10 minutes of Halo 4” or mission walkthroughs.

This^^

> I do agree. There was no mystery to the previous games story-wise. You knew the general premise and there were very few big shocking turns or moments in them. Reach was the best/worst at this; you knew no one would make it (okay Jun maybe and all that, I refuse to believe the Jorge is alive theories though). Halo 3 didn’t ruin story in any way, but a lot of the world/environment had been shown a lot.
>
> I want to see a butt-load of non-campaign footage. That way I can get a good understanding of how the engine looks and feels, as well as how multiplayer has evolved. The last thing I want is “watch the first 10 minutes of Halo 4” or mission walkthroughs.

Am I the only one that had never heard of what the Ark actually was before it was released? Because it sure came as a surprise to me, and the Ark is half the game.

i just want to know who the “new” enemy is, i have a really bad feeling i already know ind if it turns out as literal as it is established i would be extremely disappointed

The more info the better. We are in a very competitive market with a lot more choice than we used to have.

They need to sell it to us for us to hand over our hard earned coin. If they didnt then we may be tempted to buy something else.

If you want no info, u will have to go dark until H4 comes out.

He is talking about hisself and the entire community

> If it bugs you, you could always just not look. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s exactly what I do lol

Yeah something (BOOM)
All the kids are gonna go crazy.

> > I do agree. There was no mystery to the previous games story-wise. You knew the general premise and there were very few big shocking turns or moments in them. Reach was the best/worst at this; you knew no one would make it (okay Jun maybe and all that, I refuse to believe the Jorge is alive theories though). Halo 3 didn’t ruin story in any way, but a lot of the world/environment had been shown a lot.
> >
> > I want to see a butt-load of non-campaign footage. That way I can get a good understanding of how the engine looks and feels, as well as how multiplayer has evolved. The last thing I want is “watch the first 10 minutes of Halo 4” or mission walkthroughs.
>
> This^^

I second that notion.

I hope their first release of information is a ViDoc type thing that focuses on what they are trying to do with gameplay and has a scarce amount of things from the campaign, or at least is stuff from within the first five minutes of the game, not midway through it.