EXPLANATIONS (AA style)

This is my thought. If 343 is so into telling story, than tell me this: why would the unsc use AA which were clearly op to using equipment, and now going back to AA. So wouldn’t it make sense to have equipment in halo 4, or at least both, if someone could elaborate, that would be very helpful.

Stuff on Reach wasn’t in full-scale usage and most of it got destroyed with the planet itself.

Gameplay mechanics are not canon.

They weren’t, but now 343 is trying to explain everything by telling a story eve the multiplayer, i just think it would flow better if they brought equipment back.

The AAs were in a prototype stage, with Jetpack being the only “ability” that both ODST and Spartans can use.

With the destruction of Reach, it took the UNSC a long time to get them back. They may not have seen much use for them since there were too few Spartans that use the MJOLNIR armor to deem worthy of recreation.

With the Spartan IV program, and tech advances thanks to the Engineers and Humanity’s war with the Covenant, they can reproduce them since the demand for them came back up.

Actually there were armor abilities in halo 3(One actually, but you couldnt use it). It was Armor lock. Plus, all of the equipment was of covenant or Forerunner Origin. Things such as the bubble Shield that was in reach was a prototype made from reverse engineering covenant tech, same with Armor lock. So, in Theory, Armor abilities are the UNSC equivalent of covie equipment.

> Actually there were armor abilities in halo 3(One actually, but you couldnt use it). It was Armor lock. Plus, all of the equipment was of covenant or Forerunner Origin. Things such as the bubble Shield that was in reach was a prototype made from reverse engineering covenant tech, same with Armor lock. So, in Theory, Armor abilities are the UNSC equivalent of covie equipment.

Nothing wrong with you post, but thought I’d just point out that the Armor Lock in Reach, as in the AA, is not the same thing as what Chief used at the beginning of Halo 3 or what Six and Jorge used to survive the crash of their Falcon in the “Tip of the Spear” mission. AL (as in the Armor Ability) works by diverting most of the armor’s power to the shield systems and super-charging them, that’s what the EMP effect and all the blue glow is around and Armor Locker, but at the cost of mobility, so the movement of the armor is effectively locked down, but not because any basic, standard operating feature or anything like that. Remember the AAs are all add-ons (Except the actual physical stuff like jet-pack) that you switch out if you want a new one, they’re not something ordinarily hard-wired into the armor.

The other type of “armor lock” is something that’s a standard feature of Mjolner and hardwired into the armor. It’s not improving the shields or anything like that at all, it’s basically “what it says on the tin”. It locks up all the joints of the armor and beefs up the gel layer to protect the wearer of the armor. The two are completely different in purpose and function with the exception that while using either the armor gets locked up.