Explanation for infection besides a simulation

OPERATION: NECROMANCER
DATE: FRI/13/MAY - ONGOING{I KNOW INFECTION CAME OUT BEFORE}
TASK: ELIMINATION OF THE INFECTED SPARTAN IV’s
LOCATION: AREAS WHERE GENETICALLY MODIFIED FLOOD TISSUE SAMPLES WERE SENT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It’s unclear how the outbreak began, what we know is science team’s were applying genetically altered FLOOD residue to salvaged Covenant energy-swords to solve it’s limited battery issue. Reports claim some infected known as ALPHA have the ability to appear off-radar and can become partly invisible. The infection is spread both physical, by infected energy swords, and by air, although by air it only appears to affect dead hosts who died by unfortunate means (not by sword) in the proximity of infected(as toxins can be seen emitting from infected host’s body).
Fireteam’s will form six member squad’s with seniority as squad leader and meet up with a squad of another company to have 12 total. This is a joint operation and if one of our Spartan’s become infected you are to kill on sight. Leave none alive and destroy their armor if possible to keep it’s schematics safe from enemies of the UNSC. Shotgun loadout clearance has been granted. Good luck Spartans.
Lieutenant Commander {COMPANY LEADER}

I’m sorry that I cringed at this. Nice job!

Good job. Was a nice lil read. Got anything else?

Better story than Halo 5.

Was a neat read. Maybe you can come up with something for Super Fiesta.

What is an explination?

> 2533274880633045;5:
> What is an explination?

Explanation is a reason why it’s going on

Wouldn’t explain why everything is so green. They’d still have Flood growth biomass even if they were genetically modified. Plus the UNSC knows the dangers of the Flood, they wouldn’t genetically modify anything Flood related; they’re more likely to kill it with fire. Flood in Halo 4 was a simulation training of “if the Flood do come back, Spartans must be ready to stop them”. Same with the Co-Op missions in Spartan Assault.

Simulation is the best explanation, honestly. And really, I don’t think anyone playing Halo multiplayer ever asked for a canon explanation for the multiplayer itself. It was sort of a thing 343 wanted to do and I was never crazy about it in the first place.

> 2533274814470288;6:
> > 2533274880633045;5:
> > What is an explination?
>
>
> Explanation is a reason why it’s going on

I was pointing out the spelling error in his title, which he has since fixed mate.

> 2533274880633045;8:
> > 2533274814470288;6:
> > > 2533274880633045;5:
> > > What is an explination?
> >
> >
> > Explanation is a reason why it’s going on
>
>
> I was pointing out the spelling error in his title, which he has since fixed mate.

Oh my bad

All we need now is a Palmer announcement for Last man standing.

“You’re not out of this yet, you can still destroy the enemy spore.”

> 2661949065475413;10:
> All we need now is a Palmer announcement for Last man standing.
>
> “You’re not out of this yet, you can still destroy the enemy spore.”

Hilarious

> 2533274814470288;11:
> > 2661949065475413;10:
> > All we need now is a Palmer announcement for Last man standing.
> >
> > “You’re not out of this yet, you can still destroy the enemy spore.”
>
>
> Hilarious

These puns are criminal

Very clever! I liked the read

Im interested hmm…

Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt there a 10 human start?

> 2533274808132968;15:
> Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt there a 10 human start?

Yes, but two are infected each round. So 12. I guess you could keep it 5 man fireteams but I figure this would be a much more senseable because you can only have six in a lobby but the game type harbors 12 so you could get two parties together. So just imagine the two found the swords and touched them infecting themselves. all the rest of the rounds could be airborne.

> 2533274856723140;7:
> Wouldn’t explain why everything is so green. They’d still have Flood growth biomass even if they were genetically modified. Plus the UNSC knows the dangers of the Flood, they wouldn’t genetically modify anything Flood related; they’re more likely to kill it with fire. Flood in Halo 4 was a simulation training of “if the Flood do come back, Spartans must be ready to stop them”. Same with the Co-Op missions in Spartan Assault.
>
> Simulation is the best explanation, honestly. And really, I don’t think anyone playing Halo multiplayer ever asked for a canon explanation for the multiplayer itself. It was sort of a thing 343 wanted to do and I was never crazy about it in the first place.

That’s the great thing about the simulation explanation. It means that 343 can make certain aesthetic decisions for maps/armors/weapons that isn’t “real” in the Halo universe, but can still be presented - such as the fleet at Installation 04 on the map “Truth” being based off of Sangheili ships - ships that Spartan-IVs are now most-used to fighting against/on.

I personally always thought it was some sort of training exercise. But didn’t really think of a technological simulation until 343 brought it up.

This was a nice read. Can you do another one?

> 2533274879407634;18:
> This was a nice read. Can you do another one?

I will, whenever I get ideas.

> 2533274974033696;17:
> > 2533274856723140;7:
> > Wouldn’t explain why everything is so green. They’d still have Flood growth biomass even if they were genetically modified. Plus the UNSC knows the dangers of the Flood, they wouldn’t genetically modify anything Flood related; they’re more likely to kill it with fire. Flood in Halo 4 was a simulation training of “if the Flood do come back, Spartans must be ready to stop them”. Same with the Co-Op missions in Spartan Assault.
> >
> > Simulation is the best explanation, honestly. And really, I don’t think anyone playing Halo multiplayer ever asked for a canon explanation for the multiplayer itself. It was sort of a thing 343 wanted to do and I was never crazy about it in the first place.
>
>
> That’s the great thing about the simulation explanation. It means that 343 can make certain aesthetic decisions for maps/armors/weapons that isn’t “real” in the Halo universe, but can still be presented - such as the fleet at Installation 04 on the map “Truth” being based off of Sangheili ships - ships that Spartan-IVs are now most-used to fighting against/on.
>
> I personally always thought it was some sort of training exercise. But didn’t really think of a technological simulation until 343 brought it up.

Yeah simulations are useful for that. I just wanted to provide a little extra thought on this event. I honestly can see this happening though.

> 2661949065475413;10:
> All we need now is a Palmer announcement for Last man standing.
>
> “You’re not out of this yet, you can still destroy the enemy spore.”

Haha I laughed so hard when I read this :smiley: