explain to me why 1-50 is good and needs back?

Sorry but I do not see why bringing back the 1-50 will make Halo 4 better?

Folks, please educate my stupidness.

i don’t know either. Nearly everyone who was a Halo fan at the time of Halo 3 despised it.

if you played halo 2 and 3 and took pride into your spartan. You would not feel the need to ask

There have been hundreds of threads that have explained it already so why don’t you go find one of those.

i dont really want 1-50 its these die hards that cant be persuaded anyother way. imo i want the moh2010 system for ranking it solves every issue halo has.

also i dont get how people are so stupid as to think what is goingto make halo 4 a game breaking sale is if halo 1-50 is returned. lets think about this. “Hi, im new to halo why should i buy your game” “iTz hAZ 1-50z” “what good does that do me? I have never even heard of it” “iTz haz 50 levelz”. Exactly my point. its only going to bring back a few original 1-50 fans but to make new people buy halo you need to give them something useless that they can relate to. 1-50 is not going to make halo sale to new players.

> if you played halo 2 and 3 and took pride into your spartan. You would not feel the need to ask

I played Halo since CE. I didn’t care much either way for the 1-50, but the people who hated it had some very valid reasons.

For me personally, winning a few games, playing well and seeing my level going up really makes me feel good…its like crack
de-ranking is a problem and needs to be fixed because it ruins the game for everyone.
people who d-rank should be burned at the stake (banned from halo)

> Sorry but I do not see why bringing back the 1-50 will make Halo 4 better?
>
> Folks, please educate my stupidness.

People want something to bash others for “not being as skilled” as they are. Typically being derogatory about it, though this seems to have diminished greatly at waypoint forums, Bungie’s forums are still littered with them, though. Or maybe they are here and the really derogatory ones just get stomped on by the mods… Maybe that’s why a handful over at Bungie’s forums call the mods here ‘Biased’?

Or just a reason to stroke their epeen. That’s also a likely option.

If you think 1-50 was just there to show that you are better than other players, then you are wrong.

It was there because matchmaking is SUPPOSED to match you against/with people of similar skill.

This can still be done, but a visual 1-50 isn’t required for it.

> There have been hundreds of threads that have explained it already so why don’t you go find one of those.

  1. Want it to be explained now with Halo 4 on the horizon.

  2. Want to see if most people care or if its just the “MLG” crying like usual.

  3. Want to see how many trolls come out from under their bridge. Which looks I did indeed find a big one already. Most people do suggest bridges higher to the ground. Allows for better mobility underneath there.

Some players have really small -Yoinks!-?

Because some people need some sort of justification in order to prove to themselves and to others that they didn’t waste their time playing games.

Supposedley…the 1-50 system is the critically acclaimed “best” Halo ranking system

This is because it required xp, which was gained through high k/d in a game or good medals and multikills objective scores etc(used in H3 btw) and people believed (such as myself) that it actually required skill to rank up instead of credit unlocked my simply completing a game, challenge or commendation in Reach.

People didn’t like Halo 2 because it was based in win/loss ratio, which sometimes you couldn’t help because you might get teamed up with noobs against MLGs.

Now you are educated in the ways of the ranking system my fellow friend

Tiger

John wakes up

11/06/12

> > Sorry but I do not see why bringing back the 1-50 will make Halo 4 better?
> >
> > Folks, please educate my stupidness.
>
> People want something to bash others for “not being as skilled” as they are. Typically being derogatory about it, though this seems to have diminished greatly at waypoint forums, Bungie’s forums are still littered with them, though. Or maybe they are here and the really derogatory ones just get stomped on by the mods… Maybe that’s why a handful over at Bungie’s forums call the mods here ‘Biased’?
>
> Or just a reason to stroke their epeen. That’s also a likely option.
>
>
> If you think 1-50 was just there to show that you are better than other players, then you are wrong.
>
> It was there because matchmaking is SUPPOSED to match you against/with people of similar skill.
>
> This can still be done, but a visual 1-50 isn’t required for it.

Sigh

A visual rank system gives players something to strive for. It also allows players to compare themselves to other players and see where they stack up against the online Halo community.

Please OP, if you have not read this post, please do. http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst73774_Proper-Ranked-Matchmaking--New-Features.aspx

It does not necessarily promote 1-50 exclusively, but it does explain why their is a need for a legitimate VISIBLE rank system, based on skill.

It guarantees people get evenly matched, and if visual, allows players to see how closely matched their opponents/team mates are as well as an obvious stat to improve.

Halo: CE didn’t have a ranking system, and it’s apparently the most praised Halo game.

> It guarantees people get evenly matched, and if visual, allows players to see how closely matched their opponents/team mates are as well as an obvious stat to improve.

If it promotes more even matches I am all for it.

Reach had waaaaaay too many blowout games to my liking.

basically people want a more acurate description of people’s skill. in halo 3 when someone was 50 you knew he was either skilled or boosted(which has not been prevented with any system as far as i know). the problem with a ranking system like cod is that timmy the 12yo can have no arms and one leg but as long as he joins games he gains xp and there is no risk of loosing anything based on poor performance. i would prefer a system like lol where you have skill ratings (1200 at start with no cap). and let the winners take a point from the losers. and keep the whole weapon progression in its own category (kind of like mw3).

> > > Sorry but I do not see why bringing back the 1-50 will make Halo 4 better?
> > >
> > > Folks, please educate my stupidness.
> >
> > People want something to bash others for “not being as skilled” as they are. Typically being derogatory about it, though this seems to have diminished greatly at waypoint forums, Bungie’s forums are still littered with them, though. Or maybe they are here and the really derogatory ones just get stomped on by the mods… Maybe that’s why a handful over at Bungie’s forums call the mods here ‘Biased’?
> >
> > Or just a reason to stroke their epeen. That’s also a likely option.
> >
> >
> > If you think 1-50 was just there to show that you are better than other players, then you are wrong.
> >
> > It was there because matchmaking is SUPPOSED to match you against/with people of similar skill.
> >
> > This can still be done, but a visual 1-50 isn’t required for it.
>
> Sigh
>
> A visual rank system gives players something to strive for. It also allows players to compare themselves to other players and see where they stack up against the online Halo community.
>
> Please OP, if you have not read this post, please do. http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst73774_Proper-Ranked-Matchmaking--New-Features.aspx
>
> It does not necessarily promote 1-50 exclusively, <mark>but it does explain why their is a need for a legitimate VISIBLE rank system, based on skill</mark>.

(After reading it)

> - It (the ranking) doesn’t have to be the “1-50 or 100 system”, (even though it would be GREAT for a lot of players) but it HAS to be visible or “reflected” on the player’s nameplate OR global progression in some manner, at all times when connected to Xbox LIVE. That was the biggest downfall of the Arena; <mark>no incentive to get high ranks and show them off, as the Divisions were hidden in the depths of the complex Service Record.</mark>

If you need to gain a NUMBER as incentive to keep playing the game, well it may just be me, But I’m at a loss as to how you would even be having fun (with the game itself, rather than just the aspect of competition) in the first place.

> > if you played halo 2 and 3 and took pride into your spartan. You would not feel the need to ask
>
> I played Halo since CE. I didn’t care much either way for the 1-50, but the people who hated it had some very valid reasons.

what that they couldnt just play social?

there is no reason not ot have it. People like being compared and comparing themselves to others as well as seeing reward for effort. Its human nature, go take some college level psych courses and you will understand what should already be painfully obvious.

OP, most people who ask for 1-50 back just want a visible competitive rank system in general. If you don’t know why a competitive rank is fun, then you must not play a lot of competitive games, or watch competitive sports. Also I’ve yet to read a good reason why not to include a visible competitive ranking system. Cheaters can very easily be dealt with, the rank gain can easily be adjusted so that it’s not so easy to reach the highest, and an exp system can be included as well. What else is there?