Expectations for each new season

Perhaps I was naive, but my understanding of season releases, after season 1, was to get campaign esq. missions for my Spartan similar to the Spartan Ops in Halo 4. The cut scenes in the tutorial and lone wolves led me to believe there was more to come in this realm outside of saying playing multiplayer matchmaking is the story.

Heck, I’d be happy with covenant or banished forces dropped on to a btb map with an objective and them saying go kill it. Probably would have been a good way to test coop gameplay and how to better tailor it.

2 Likes

There is no mention of Spartan OP like missions coming to Infinite yet. So, we really don’t have a clue if something like that is coming or not. I’m sure a Firefight mode will come at some point, but I don’t know if the cutscenes or the multiplayer narrative will actually explain that. I would expect everything in multiplayer is going to be similar to what we’ve already seen… a Cutscene showing some things about the event and basically explaining why you’ll be completing orange challenges on top of your blue challenges for the next two weeks.

I wouldn’t expect anything that story related inside the multiplayer. They hardly have a completed story in the campaign at the moment. I think they need to focus on Campaign stuff more than half baked Multiplayer Fracture narratives that aren’t even canon lol

1 Like

The idea of covenant or banished dropping in sounds like a super fun idea. That would be more sorta like Warzone in Halo 5.

1 Like

Yeah my excitement has waned. It’s becoming apparent the game really wasn’t ready for release. We are probably another 5 years away from them even contemplating this type of Spartan coop gameplay. There would be a lot of incentive for me to purchase every season if it came with a progressive storyline. I mean they could probably even just plop the missions onto the Zeta ring since it’s open world. Remember how in Halo CE you just played through the previous map backwards and against the flood, which drastically made the game longer and still fun with minimal work from development. They could do something similar with Spartan Ops missions.

2 Likes

Does anyone know when assassinations will come back

Before Infinite released, someone at 343 said assassinations wouldn’t be in the game at launch but possibly could be added some time later. There was no specific time given.

1 Like

Expectations for each new season:

Super low. Barely any expectations. I

1 Like