Exp part of ranking system.

So as you most likely heard in the Game Informer Interview Exp. was confirmed to be a part of the ranking system. What are your thoughts? Do you think it will be the only factor in rank? Or will something like skill factor in as well.

I’m use to disappointments from 343, so It wouldn’t surprise me if they only used time played.

I didnt like halo reach free rank system (just stay in the game, the longer it gets, the more points you get)

Incredibly disappointed. Not only are (bad) people who play a lot going to be able to get the high ranks, but they’re going to be able to have better weapons and -Yoink- than me, even when I out-class them in every single way. Great.

Hopes are still high for 1-50.

i hope it works like halo 3 exp. only time will tell

Although I want the 1-50 as well, it brought issues.

People de-ranked in Halo 3 to get to 50 much quicker. Plus, people made new accounts to smash the lower-ranked players, making it unfair for them.

So unless 343i finds a way to remedy the two issues above, we’ll be seeing these two conundrums return.

> Incredibly disappointed. Not only are (bad) people who play a lot going to be able to get the high ranks, but they’re going to be able to have better weapons and Yoink! than me, even when I out-class them in every single way. Great.
>
> Hopes are still high for 1-50.

Halo 3 had exp and 1-50

why can’t Halo 4?

The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Looks like Experience and Spartan Points are two different systems, unlike Halo Reach where there were just Credits that you used to both rank up and buy armor permutations.