EXP doesnt carry through?? wtf?

So i did the campaign challenges worth a total of 40k EXP, little did i know, since i was a sr49, once i hit 50, my EXP doesn’t carry through because of the specializations. I’m not that disappointed TBH, but its just pathetic on 343’s part that they cant fix these little things. How did this even get by? Anyone else ever had these issues, or is it just me? So frustrating to be 3 months in to the games lifespan and im still finding stupid bugs/isues that should never have been in the game to begin with…

Urrrrg!

Its not like you can’t choose a specialization and level up extremely fast through other commendations/challenges.

> Its not like you can’t choose a specialization and level up extremely fast through other commendations/challenges.

So 35k EXP just gone because 343 dont know wtf their doing hmm, nice.

Your preaching to the choir. I was stuck at SR70 for a few weeks and I wasted about 800,000 exp.

I got over it and kept playing.

> Your preaching to the choir. I was stuck at SR70 for a few weeks and I wasted about 800,000 exp.
>
> I got over it and kept playing.

WOW, guess ill stop complaining then lol

yes but once you complete them all like i have just done sr130 whats the point in playing anymore. it has just spoilt it for me. no incentive to carry on :frowning:

> yes but once you complete them all like i have just done sr130 whats the point in playing anymore. it has just spoilt it for me. no incentive to carry on :frowning:

yea, i cant even imagine. inb4play4fun

Try setting a goal for yourself when the CSR is up, play competitive customs, find a way that you can enjoy the game.

Or play something else like a normal gamer.

I am pretty sure it’s not a glitch, it’s intentional.

I had found that out the hard way that XP does not carry over. So I plan accordingly when I’m close to ranking up to a level that XP cannot carry over to.

Whenever I get to SR130 I’m going to try to start playing matchmaking differently. I’m not sure how to describe it, but my playstyle has gotten very rigid and formulaic. I need to start attempting different things just to make it fun again.

I don’t see a problem with this. A little care would have avoided the loss of the 35, 000 and it’s not so much an error or mistake as a design choice.

I’m sure they could have coded it to carry through, but perhaps they simply chose not to.

If you had done a Spartan Ops and flipped from 49 to 51, then gotten the 40k, you would have skipped to like 54. LOL. Most I ever lost out on this way was like 6,000.

> I am pretty sure it’s not a glitch, it’s intentional.

So how did you find the challenge? I did it with 2 friends and found it hilarious how much damage the enemies could take! Got bored of trying to kill promethian knights so just ran past in the end. I wouldn’t normally bother with these challenges but 40k is too much to turn down.

I sympathise with your dilemma though as I myself was stuck on sr70 for about 3 weeks. No idea how much xp I wasted because it doesn’t tell you what you could have won after matches.

> > Its not like you can’t choose a specialization and level up extremely fast through other commendations/challenges.
>
> So 35k EXP just gone because 343 dont know wtf their doing hmm, nice.

Everybody else knew not to do something like what you did…

> So how did you find the challenge? I did it with 2 friends and found it hilarious how much damage the enemies could take! Got bored of trying to kill promethian knights so just ran past in the end. I wouldn’t normally bother with these challenges but 40k is too much to turn down.
>
> I sympathise with your dilemma though as I myself was stuck on sr70 for about 3 weeks. No idea how much xp I wasted because it doesn’t tell you what you could have won after matches.

LOL the challenge… well i found it to be absolutely absurd!!! One of the elites took like 3 br clips, 8 or so sniper rounds and a rocket, and he was still standing. In the end I made a thread about this, and some folks here helped me out by showing me a vid that basically skips the entire level by jetpacking over, and vehicle clipping through the shield barriers. All in all I don’t even have the right to be too mad about this because it was fairly easy with this method, but had I actually done this challenge legit, i would be soo pissed off.

All in all how is someone supposed to know when the EXP doesn’t carry through? It carries through in all levels leading up to SR50, so when this happens the gamer has no heads up, or way of knowing. Its still really lame if you ask me.

> > > Its not like you can’t choose a specialization and level up extremely fast through other commendations/challenges.
> >
> > So 35k EXP just gone because 343 dont know wtf their doing hmm, nice.
>
> Everybody else knew not to do something like what you did…

LOL, don’t be so ignorant buddy. Why don’t you please explain to me how is anyone supposed to magically know about this? hm? Especially when all the EXP carries through to other levels from SR1-49. Theres defiantly no place in game that tells you that EXP wont carry over from 49-50. Nothing about this in the manual…

Exactly, the only place someone would find this information is if they intentionally looked for it on the forums, or happen to stumble across it on these forums, which in my case, did not come across.

lolwow

You can easily assume EXP either will or won’t carry over when you cap out.

Which way it was going to go should have been obvious upon reaching level 50 and noting you had no EXP progress to the next level. It is a pity you lost so much on your first block since you didn’t have the chance to see how it would go, but all-in-all this is nothing more than something to observe and keep in mind for the future.

There is a whole lot of unnecessary rage over something trivial.

Lol, why is he so upset, I hit 70 before december ended and wasted well over 900,000+ xp. I just stoped giving a crap…of course it’s comming back to haunt me cuz grinding up to 80 is taking forever. wasn’t such a good idea to complete 90% of the player comendations before the spec. unlock.