Exiting in lobby now counts as a finish

Hello Waypoint,

Recently, I quit two matchmaking games (while in lobby) prior to the deployment countdown beginning for each game. However, on Waypoint and in my service record, it counts those games as finishes despite the fact i wasn’t in either one of them. I believe this an unfair method to punish players with for simply wanting to play on different maps. The maps I quit from I had already played on today, so it was getting boring when the same maps kept coming up for Warzone. To put it simply, 343i won’t give us map voting options but will gladly punish us for not falling into their garbage map rotation cycle by counting pre-start quits as finishes. What are your thoughts on this issue?

Thanks.

Wait… there is no more dashboarding?

> 2535414490516018;2:
> Wait… there is no more dashboarding?

Maybe he waited too long. Me and my friend dashboarded for like 15 minutes… For the love of all things why can’t we play Tyrant 343!?!

I can’t feel the slightest bit of empathy for you. You are upset that they don’t give you map voting. You are actively quitting matches in order to get a certain map, then you are complaining that you are being marked for each time you do that. I can’t see any problem with the system on this one.

> 2533274891841289;3:
> > 2535414490516018;2:
> > Wait… there is no more dashboarding?
>
>
> Maybe he waited too long. Me and my friend dashboarded for like 15 minutes… For the love of all things why can’t we play Tyrant 343!?!

I dashboarded before the deployment countdown began but even if it did not, I was not in game to have deserved a result for each game.

> 2533274813469393;4:
> I can’t feel the slightest bit of empathy for you. You are upset that they don’t give you map voting. You are actively quitting matches in order to get a certain map, then you are complaining that you are being marked for each time you do that. I can’t see any problem with the system on this one.

/thread

> 2533274813469393;4:
> I can’t feel the slightest bit of empathy for you. You are upset that they don’t give you map voting. You are actively quitting matches in order to get a certain map, then you are complaining that you are being marked for each time you do that. I can’t see any problem with the system on this one.

Agreed!

Could dashboarding be the reason I seem be on three man teams in the arena more often lately?
The game starts and only shows three on the team suggesting that there hasn’t been a quitter but I suspect it’s because someone has dashboarded thinking they would be replaced.
It seems more prevalent since the forums started saying it doesn’t punish you for dashboarding :frowning:

can we all just stop quitting/dashboarding please?

> 2533274813469393;4:

Besides the fact that the game hadn’t begun yet and we were still in the lobby when I quit? You’re essentially saying that if a player quits a game before it starts, and has no impact on the result whatsoever, he/she should be awarded the victory or defeat. That’s a major flaw in the system. Imagine someone with 0 kills, 0 deaths, 0 assists, and 0 boss takedowns but they are awarded victory even though they did not contribute anything towards the score.

OP it looks like you got DNF’s for dashboarding.

> 2533274875982754;10:
> OP it looks like you got DNF’s for dashboarding.

In my service record on spartan hub, the DNFs have been replaced with the actual results of the games which were defeats for both.

> 2533274849470050;8:
> Could dashboarding be the reason I seem be on three man teams in the arena more often lately?
> The game starts and only shows three on the team suggesting that there hasn’t been a quitter but I suspect it’s because someone has dashboarded thinking they would be replaced.
> It seems more prevalent since the forums started saying it doesn’t punish you for dashboarding :frowning:
>
> can we all just stop quitting/dashboarding please?

**I only dashboard in Warzone when the map is: Escape From ARC, March on Stormbreak, or Battle of Noctus.**Arena it’s just a lack of knowledge about the map, I tend to not dashboard there because it means a tough time for the team I left whereas in Warzone there are 11 people and very soon 12 people to cover for me.

> 2535453138108435;9:
> Besides the fact that the game hadn’t begun yet and we were still in the lobby when I quit? You’re essentially saying that if a player quits a game before it starts, and has no impact on the result whatsoever, he/she should be awarded the victory or defeat. That’s a major flaw in the system. Imagine someone with 0 kills, 0 deaths, 0 assists, and 0 boss takedowns but they are awarded victory even though they did not contribute anything towards the score.

Looking at your recent matches in Warzone you are getting DNF matches. I don’t see you getting credit for finishing those. Those are ones that you quit.

> 2535453138108435;11:
> In my service record on spartan hub, the DNFs have been replaced with the actual results of the games which were defeats for both.

The results of the game show but they have no effect on you. You are listed as DNF. If you were receiving credit for finishing the game it would say victory or defeat like your other matches.

> 2533274813469393;4:

He/she is not quitting matches, they have not started yet. You should be allowed to drop out before the countdown begins, this gives the system a chance to find another player before starting the game.

> 2533274989334266;14:
> He/she is not quitting matches, they have not started yet. You should be allowed to drop out before the countdown begins, this gives the system a chance to find another player before starting the game.

Once you see other people and the map, the game has started according to the server. You should not be allowed to drop out at any point in time because you don’t like the map or other details that have been assigned to your game.

> 2533274849470050;8:
> Could dashboarding be the reason I seem be on three man teams in the arena more often lately?
> The game starts and only shows three on the team suggesting that there hasn’t been a quitter but I suspect it’s because someone has dashboarded thinking they would be replaced.
> It seems more prevalent since the forums started saying it doesn’t punish you for dashboarding :frowning:
>
> can we all just stop quitting/dashboarding please?

You should be allowed to exit a match before its started. Its ridiculous that you cant.

> 2533274813469393;15:
> > 2533274989334266;14:
> > He/she is not quitting matches, they have not started yet. You should be allowed to drop out before the countdown begins, this gives the system a chance to find another player before starting the game.
>
>
> Once you see other people and the map, the game has started according to the server. You should not be allowed to drop out at any point in time because you don’t like the map or other details that have been assigned to your game.

Why? The only real info you get is the map. You cannot actually see who the players are until after the game starts (apart from emblems). What is the issue with quitting at this point? The system should have time to replace you before the match starts.

> 2535453138108435;9:
> > 2533274813469393;4:
> > I can’t feel the slightest bit of empathy for you. You are upset that they don’t give you map voting. You are actively quitting matches in order to get a certain map, then you are complaining that you are being marked for each time you do that. I can’t see any problem with the system on this one.
>
>
> Besides the fact that the game hadn’t begun yet and we were still in the lobby when I quit? You’re essentially saying that if a player quits a game before it starts, and has no impact on the result whatsoever, he/she should be awarded the victory or defeat. That’s a major flaw in the system. Imagine someone with 0 kills, 0 deaths, 0 assists, and 0 boss takedowns but they are awarded victory even though they did not contribute anything towards the score.

Seriously? When you quit a game it leaves your team down one man until that spot can be filled, which can take a while at times. Don’t try to act like you’re not doing anything wrong.

> 2533274989334266;17:
> > 2533274813469393;15:
> > Once you see other people and the map, the game has started according to the server. You should not be allowed to drop out at any point in time because you don’t like the map or other details that have been assigned to your game.
>
>
> Why?

Quitting is selfish regardless of the reason you think that it is acceptable. By quitting after the server has set up the game, you are telling everyone else in the game that them spending time down a spartan or sitting in a longer loading screen is less important than your immediate satisfaction in the game. It is simple. In either case you are willing to waste other peoples time or tarnish their enjoyment of the game for your own desires.

Quitting is quitting, I’m glad the loophole is closed.