Existential Question about tiny legs boi

I was always wondering, why does the flood carriers have such tiny legs?
Would not they be more fast and effective sparying the flood if they have legs able to support their weight and make them move faster? Is it quantity over quality? Is there any lore explaining this or its just for the design?

Carrier forms are Combat forms that became too old / damaged from fighting, so it can be safely assumed that the damage prevented them from having more capable bodies to spread the infection.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> Carrier forms are Combat forms that became too old / damaged from fighting, so it can be safely assumed that the damage prevented them from having more capable bodies to spread the infection.

Interesting to know.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> Carrier forms are Combat forms that became too old / damaged from fighting, so it can be safely assumed that the damage prevented them from having more capable bodies to spread the infection.

Stop me if im wrong, but were not the carreirs forms the result of the biomass collected from grunts and jackals (as their combat forms were not enough efficient to be use by the flood)? Since i have seen the flood gathering corpses in the truth and reconciliation (Halo CE), i have always tought it was the case (it was also explaning why we never encounter grunts and jackals corpses in the infestation areas)

Or maybe effectively carriers are damaged units wich have been rebuilt with the grunts and jackals (and other remaining species) biomass available

If I recall correctly, the feet of the carrier are the knees of the original host. Note how they never bend like proper legs, just a zombie like gait.