Exile - Low FPS

Anyone having low FPS problems here? Game keeps tanking here during BTB and Dominion. It’s really bad.

I notice this when -Yoink- gets crazy. For sure not my connection, and already did troubleshooting.

How the hell isn’t anyone else talking about this? I’ve been playing Dom all day and it’s terrible, but I love Dom so…

I’m not talking little dips like every hour or so, it’s like constantly at ~20 or so

I’m having it. That’s why I’m here.

I’ve been playing PC games for a while now at 45-60 fps. And I can spot laggy, slow frames when I see 'em. This game is plagued with it. Either playing online or single player campaign, it’s bad. The game is barely hitting 25-30 fps when idle. Whenever a lot of stuff is going on on-screen, I guarantee it dips below 20.

Unfortunately, not many console players are going to notice it. 343 really messed up here. I don’t know if a patch is going to help without scaling back the graphics. Great graphics come at a great price.

I hate to double post here, but I don’t see any way to edit.

Oh well. I found a workaround (not a fix) by going to console settings and reducing your resolution. In my case, I have a 42" LCD (LED backlit) 1080P 120hz HDTV. I set my console to 720P and noticed a huge difference immediately. The frame rates still drop when there is a lot of on-screen action, but not as bad as before.

If you are really desperate, you could try this. Go to Xbox dashboard > console settings > display > Display Discovery > disable.
This gives you a lot more resolution options. Most of them are 4:3. If you set it to the lowest resolution that will work with your tv, you will probably get the best performance, but crappy graphics.

Hope that helps.

PS. Now I see how to edit a post. LOL, click the “MENU” button. duh:P

> I hate to double post here, but I don’t see any way to edit.
>
> Oh well. I found a workaround (not a fix) by going to console settings and reducing your resolution. In my case, I have a 42" LCD (LED backlit) 1080P 120hz HDTV. I set my console to 720P and noticed a huge difference immediately. The frame rates still drop when there is a lot of on-screen action, but not as bad as before.
>
> If you are really desperate, you could try this. Go to Xbox dashboard > console settings > display > Display Discovery > disable.
> This gives you a lot more resolution options. Most of them are 4:3. If you set it to the lowest resolution that will work with your tv, you will probably get the best performance, but crappy graphics.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> PS. Now I see how to edit a post. LOL, click the “MENU” button. duh:P

Thing is only a hand full of game supports 1080p on consoles so there realy is no point on setting it to 1080p. 720p like you just did is the setting needed, heck even 720p is not used by many games. On another note Halo 4 is the first Halo to support 720p. Another exampel is Far Cry 3 which is 704p on the 360.

Well said my friend. The thing is, though…I never had this problem with any of the other Halo games. 343 could possibly fix this with a patch.

Perhaps 343 should add an option in the GUI to increase performance (scale back the graphics) or decrease performance (I want 1080P!)

If you have 3 guests in BTB on a map with a few vehicles the game is almost unplayable on older consoles