Excuse my ignorance...

But how does the Halo 4 “pass” thing work? I’m planning on getting the $400 console package and pre-ordering it too. I’ve seen things about season passes and other things but is this like an online pass that Battlefield uses? Or something entirely different?

> But how does the Halo 4 “pass” thing work? I’m planning on getting the $400 console package and pre-ordering it too. I’ve seen things about season passes and other things but is this like an online pass that Battlefield uses? Or something entirely different?

It’s very similar to BF3’s DLC or CoD’s Elite passes but not required to play online like the Ubisoft’s U-Play pass or EA’s EA-play codes that require a special code just to play the MP.

You’ll have to shell out another $25 for the season pass if you get the standard copy of Halo 4. If you pre-ordered the LE Halo 4 it comes with your purchase.

If you purchase the Pass you will get 3 map pack (9 maps) whan they come out without additional money, at a discount price plus you will recieve 2 exclusive helmets.

> But how does the Halo 4 “pass” thing work? I’m planning on getting the $400 console package and pre-ordering it too. I’ve seen things about season passes and other things but is this like an online pass that Battlefield uses? Or something entirely different?

You buy the map pack pass.

You put the code in and download it in the Xbox Live marketplace.

When the map packs are released, which is sometime after November 6, you will get them for free.

It’s not required to play online multiplayer, but it would be a good thing to have if you plan on buying the map packs.

Thanks guys! Now I know what I’m getting into. I’m still getting the console package.

If you preorder the Limited Edition I hear that the season map pack pass doesn’t come with the 2 exclusive helmets that the pass comes with if you buy it separate.

> If you preorder the Limited Edition I hear that the season map pack pass doesn’t come with the 2 exclusive helmets that the pass comes with if you buy it separate.

:frowning: I heard that too. I’m not trippin’ though. I’m getting both LE verison of the console and the game. And I’m going to sell the standard copy of H4 on ebay along with my Reach console.