Exclusive Armors for hitting Champ and Onyx

I feel like hitting Champion and Onyx is a huge accomplishment and maybe should get it’s own armor or armor effect sometime in the future maybe even a skin too and different customization pieces depending on the playlist that all add up to an armor set. For example getting champion in swat would get you a custom helmet, champion in slayer a chest piece to add to an armor set. Than next season maybe some skins. And each rank should get it’s own version of this having it get cooler as u progress up the ranks.

what do y’all think about this?

Any ideas to expand on this maybe?

A great idea, but one that will unfortunately never come to light. Halo hasn’t rewarded you for skill in a long time. I don’t see them doing it for infinite either, at least not at release.

I would love to see this. Onyx can be a deep black colour as a secondary colour due to most Onyx meanings having black. Champion can be a unique red/purple similar to the icon it represents.
Also ensure that the armour pieces are actually unique and only obtainable through getting those two ranks, style can symbolise the best of the best in the spartan ranks.

I think it’s a great idea.

Maybe some of the exclusive HCS armours that can’t be unlocked anymore could be up for use.

Why lock armors behind rank when they can just charge us money? Support the devs, right?

I wouldn’t mind if they add some weapon skins/charms for the top ranked players when a ranked season ends but not coatings/armour. I’m still having a hard time progressing that colour isn’t something that’s just available for everyone so let’s not make that even further out of reach. Ranked Armour would be to impactful FOMO/player first wise in my opinion. “wow that armour is amazing, oh but I’m not good enough to ever be able to get it”

I’d rather have an armour award for X matches played in ranked or getting your placement done in every list, that would challenge everyone on their own without making it something exclusive to the elite (both in skill and available time). And then something small for the seasonal best players of every list.

I don’t mind the idea, I’d never reach Champion myself but it is a cool incentive/reward for those that do.

Would be cool to see seasonal rewards to encourage people to play Ranked every season as admittedly I regularly don’t play competitive and this would encourage me to do so. Games like Rocket League have it so you need 10 wins at bronze or higher, then silver etc etc.

Obviously this locks stuff behind skill, but isn’t that true of campaign armour too? If I can’t beat the game on legendary solo I might not get certain armours. I think that’s fine, you aren’t entitled to everything without putting in the effort and time.

Any player is capable of becoming Onyx level, most just don’t.

I think armor should be rewarded based upon skill and fully support this idea.

Hmm, maybe they’ll do something similar in Halo Infinite’s new competitive system. I just hope it’s something that can ALWAYS be achieved, and not the typical “Get this look during Season 1 by coming to Onix before the season ends.”

> 2533274937869264;3:
> A great idea, but one that will unfortunately never come to light. Halo hasn’t rewarded you for skill in a long time. I don’t see them doing it for infinite either, at least not at release.

Idk since they’ve been leaning into customization for a while and they said this game will be expanded upon for a while. (You’re probably still right but I still hope they do this though)

> 2535421108515819;7:
> Why lock armors behind rank when they can just charge us money? Support the devs, right?

I hope not :sob: