Excesive Grenades?

does anyone know if 343i nerfed them from halo reach to four? ive just been playing with my buddy, and for many of our matches, it seemed like the grenade count was very excesive. i think that the explosion range might need to be decreased, just a little.

thoughts?

I dunno, I thought previous grenades were a bit too weak at times…

If the new “can’t pick up off dead bodies” thing works well, their power might be balanced by their rarity. Or at least, less common…ness.

I think the nades should be like Reachs’ maybe a little more power. That would balance things out.

For gameplay that I saw, it seems like the explosion radius is smaller. But your guess is as good as mine.

> I think the nades should be like Reachs’ maybe a little more power. That would balance things out.

Reach’s nades were WAY too powerful. They should be similar to 3’s grenades.

One of the reasons for grenades being such a problem in Reach was the super slow movement speed and hop for a jump.
With faster movement and higher jumping grenades are back in the role of being a supporting tool in your arsenal not a primary weapon.
On top of this there is also a grenade indicator now and the grenades have been changed a little bit in both physics when thrown and the explosion itself.

Also, if grenades end up really annoying you still you could always use the thruster pack and thrust away from them but honestly, they are back in a pretty good place and not once when playing the game did I ever feel like they were even remotely like the pocket nukes of Reach.

In short they fill the role of the Halo 3 grenades as a supporting tool :slight_smile:

> I think the nades should be like Reachs’ maybe a little more power. That would balance things out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We’ve been through this. Grenades in Reach were too powerful. In addition, you couldn’t move quickly, so you would die sometimes from one grenade.

Go back to Halo 3 physics and damages.

> One of the reasons for grenades being such a problem in Reach was the super slow movement speed and hop for a jump.
> With faster movement and higher jumping grenades are back in the role of being a supporting tool in your arsenal not a primary weapon.
> On top of this there is also a grenade indicator now and the grenades have been changed a little bit in both physics when thrown and the explosion itself.
>
> Also, if grenades end up really annoying you still you could always use the thruster pack and thrust away from them but honestly, they are back in a pretty good place and not once when playing the game did I ever feel like they were even remotely like the pocket nukes of Reach.
>
> In short they fill the role of the Halo 3 grenades as a supporting tool :slight_smile:

Oh, and I almost forgot, THEY BOUNCE! :slight_smile:

Grenade power is going to be reduced especially since we can choose them in loadouts.

They are humorously called “Mini Nukes” lol