Exact measurements of Forge blocks

I’m quite the perfectionist, so when I’m recreating something in Forge I have to get it exact. This is why I set out to determine the exact measurements of the Forge blocks. I’m not sure if someone has done this before me, but if someone has then hopefully I can bring something new to the table anyway.

First I got out my “Halo: The Essential Visual Guide” book, to make sure that I had the correct measurements for all the vehicles that we have access to in Forge. I started out by placing a Mongoose on a 1x1 Forge block, and found that the two are nearly the exact length, with the Mongoose, which is 3.2 meters long, barely longer. Then I saw that the Warthog is 3 meters wide exactly, so I placed that and found that the width of the Warthog is barely shorter than the length of a 1x1 block. From this I figured that a 1x1 Forge block is 3.1 meters long.

Unfortunately, everything is not an exact multiple of 3.1 length, height, and width wise, so I would have to figure out something more exact than that. Looking at the coordinate system I discovered that there are 10 coordinate points along the length of a 1x1 block, which the distance between each coordinate point 0.31 meters.

In short:
-1x1 block = 3.1 meters
-There are 10 coordinate points along the length of a 1x1 block
-Distance between coordinate points = 0.31 meters

From this it’s much easier to determine the exact length, width, and height of an object in Forge.

Woah, that’s really exact. What are you trying to recreate?

> Woah, that’s really exact. What are you trying to recreate?

A Vulture (again). I’m also thinking about making a Destroyer, and I was wondering about how long it would be in Forge. I figured that since I was already doing some math I might as well go all out.

Wow nice, I thought it was 3m exact.
Isn’t it funny how a single 1x1 block is bigger than my bedroom or about the same size?
Blocks don’t seem big but they are.

Geez, thats crazy precise

My method may not be as precise, but I do it by eye, with the corner and slanted parts of each pieces edge. I merge them together to create a smooth surface. Wtth that, you can get a pretty accurate built.

> Wow nice, I thought it was 3m exact.
> Isn’t it funny how a single 1x1 block is bigger than my bedroom or about the same size?
> Blocks don’t seem big but they are.

I guess perspective changes when you’re a 7 foot tall super soldier.

1 square of a grid is 2x2 units (6.2 metres x 6.2 metres)
A grid is 15 squares by 15 squares, or 30 units x 30 units.

> 1 square of a grid is 2x2 units (6.2 metres x 6.2 metres)
> A grid is 15 squares by 15 squares, or 30 units x 30 units.

I think I’m going to update the OP with measurements of all the Forge objects. Shouldn’t be too hard, I already have most of the work done.