Evidence they might be replacing arena with 1-50?

Look at your service record on this site you’ll see there’s not a tab for arena, nor does it show your division anywhere, it just says ‘includes X arena games’, implying maybe the stats won’t be stored here as it’s Bungie’s thing. I can’t see them getting rid of it without replacing it.

I HOPE I’M RIGHT :slight_smile:

hmmm…interesting.

Why not BPR…

I wouldn’t care either way, but keep in mind that the Arena system is pretty much superior to it in every way (except for maybe, incentive).

You may be on to something…

Though I’m not really fore or against the 1-50 ranking. Technically, there’s already one. It’s just not visible in-game. It’s visible in the stats.

Regardless, you do know there’s alot of 50 Rank fakers in H3, right? Similarly, a 50 rank can mean just as much as a Rank on Reach.

Yeah, ok. I couldn’t get one, but I couldn’t careless. Why be proud of a number that isn’t going to get you anything in life? Think about it.

If I got my hopes up for this and this turns out to be wrong. I will snap the disk in half.

So I’ll go with pessimism for now :wink:

But seriously… Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please…[2 weeks later]… please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE BE RIGHT!!!1

> Why not BPR…

That’s what I keep saying!

> You may be on to something…
>
> Though I’m not really fore or against the 1-50 ranking. Technically, there’s already one. It’s just not visible in-game. It’s visible in the stats.
>
> Regardless, you do know there’s alot of 50 Rank fakers in H3, right? Similarly, a 50 rank can mean just as much as a Rank on Reach.
>
> Yeah, ok. I couldn’t get one, but I couldn’t careless. Why be proud of a number that isn’t going to get you anything in life? Think about it.

Four words: Matching. Equally. Skilled. Players.

> > You may be on to something…
> >
> > Though I’m not really fore or against the 1-50 ranking. Technically, there’s already one. It’s just not visible in-game. It’s visible in the stats.
> >
> > Regardless, you do know there’s alot of 50 Rank fakers in H3, right? Similarly, a 50 rank can mean just as much as a Rank on Reach.
> >
> > Yeah, ok. I couldn’t get one, but I couldn’t careless. Why be proud of a number that isn’t going to get you anything in life? Think about it.
>
> Four words: Matching. Equally. Skilled. Players.

That’s what Reach’s system does, but people’s ego blinds them and want to see a number next to them. They don’t see it, thus they don’t play, therefore the population in The Arena is low. So rather it takes you for ever to match with someone, or it matches you with others more or less skilled than you.

People need to get their heads out of their -Yoinks!- and give it it’s opportunity to function properly.

Why don’t they just freakin’ expand Arena already so it can get some lovin’? One playlist is NOT ENOUGH. Ughhh…

Arena > 1-50

> > > You may be on to something…
> > >
> > > Though I’m not really fore or against the 1-50 ranking. Technically, there’s already one. It’s just not visible in-game. It’s visible in the stats.
> > >
> > > Regardless, you do know there’s alot of 50 Rank fakers in H3, right? Similarly, a 50 rank can mean just as much as a Rank on Reach.
> > >
> > > Yeah, ok. I couldn’t get one, but I couldn’t careless. Why be proud of a number that isn’t going to get you anything in life? Think about it.
> >
> > Four words: Matching. Equally. Skilled. Players.
>
> That’s what Reach’s system does, but people’s ego blinds them and want to see a number next to them. They don’t see it, thus they don’t play, therefore the population in The Arena is low. So rather it takes you for ever to match with someone, or it matches you with others more or less skilled than you.
>
> People need to get their heads out of their Yoink! and give it it’s opportunity to function properly.

lolarena. Literally the only thing your arena rating shows is how good you are in arena. It’s useless in every other playlist.

Also Reachs system fails horribly at matching equally skilled players. I’ve given it plenty of chances. It hasn’t improved.

> Why don’t they just freakin’ expand Arena already so it can get some lovin’? One playlist is NOT ENOUGH. Ughhh…
>
>
> Arena > 1-50

How would it work in objective?

Actually, Arena does just fine in matching equally skilled players. Saying it doesn’t means 1-50 doesn’t either, since both systems are based on w/l.

It’d work fine in objective… what’s your point? :stuck_out_tongue:

> Actually, Arena does just fine in matching equally skilled players. Saying it doesn’t means 1-50 doesn’t either, since both systems are based on w/l.
>
> It’d work fine in objective… what’s your point? :stuck_out_tongue:

It does fine if you aren’t an objective fan like me… :frowning:

> Actually, Arena does just fine in matching equally skilled players. Saying it doesn’t means 1-50 doesn’t either, since both systems are based on w/l.
>
> It’d work fine in objective… what’s your point? :stuck_out_tongue:

Arena increases your rating by kills and decreases by deaths…How would that work in objective?

I kinda had the same idea a while back. There is only 20 days or so left in the current season. I am very curious to see what next season is like, if there is a next season. 0_o?

I loved Objective in Halo 3. I think it’d be fine in Reach, although the spawning system is a bit screwed up.

Arena doesn’t work for objective, as it’s impossible to effectively quantify how much someone did for the team based on their stats. Did the guy who grab the flag touch it for a second or bring it all the way back to the base? Did the guy with +10 help the team or sit in the base with the sniper.

I think most good Halo players preffered the 1-50 system.

As for the ‘its just a number people’. yeah of course it is, but so is your golf handicap, or the place you finish in the football league. It’s not something I’m going to tell to the girls in my classes, but it undoubtedly makes any game more fun when there’s something to aim towards, particularly when it’s significantly affected by whether you win or lose, unlike cR.

> Arena doesn’t work for objective, as it’s impossible to effectively quantify how much someone did for the team based on their stats. Did the guy who grab the flag touch it for a second or bring it all the way back to the base? Did the guy with +10 help the team or sit in the base with the sniper.
>
> I think most good Halo players preffered the 1-50 system.

Yep. And those who are saying use BPR, it’s really flawed. Any competent person has a 100. It’s boring and doesn’t prove anything either.

1-50 needs to come back. I don’t care if it comes back for Reach, but I can only hope for H4.