Everything Halo 6 needs to be successful and true

This is my plea… I have to at least attempt to reach out and make a difference for the series I love… Halo.

Halo - Halo 3 (incl. Reach & ODST) - Defined my childhood and influenced who I am today. I can identify with the game, I feel a nostalgic connection and I spent many, many days kicking @** on multiplayer, both completing then exploring the campaigns for easter eggs, exploiting glitches and working with friends to get achievements. Time that I cherish and will never regret.

Halo Wars - Great but not my style of game.

Halo 4 - Good but missed the mark for me, though the end cut scene was cool.

MCC - We don’t talk about MCC… copy + paste shouldn’t be that difficult, that being said, the H2 remastered visuals were stunning.

Halo 5 - This felt like an absolute betrayal to any loyal fan of the series… I won’t run through the reasons why, though the campaign is the main reason (linear, restricted, uninteresting, ‘Cortana the social justice warrior’, plot holes and complete lack of explanation for anything going on, plus terrible, terrible supporting AI team mates)… okay I said I wouldn’t get into it. The point is, I always played the previous Halo title nearly daily until the next Halo came out. With Halo 5… I just haven’t. I’m not interested… I have tired really hard to like it but it just doesn’t work for me. I thought it was because I’m older now, more adult s**t to do etc… but it isn’t. I would make the time for Halo, I always have.

What made me come here to write this? I watched this video by The Act Man:

Everything Halo 6 needs to be: Everything Halo Infinite NEEDS to be Successful - YouTube

THE VERSION OF HALO 6 THAT THE ACT MAN DESCRIBES WOULD RESTORE MY FAITH AND LOVE FOR THE SERIES. YOU (343 Industries) MUST, MUST LISTEN TO WHAT HE HAS TO SAY, FOR THE SAKE OF THE HALO COMMUNITY AND THE LEGACY OF THE GAME.

I want to emphasise a few points in addition:

1. There’s nothing wrong with the lead protagonist being a strong independent lone wolf male… let’s just not ruin a good story just to tick a diversity and equality box. Don’t introduce new characters with zero back story or fan respect for the sake of it.

2. Warzone needs to evolve into something more like Halo Reach’s Invasion game type on steroids, with large co-op based vehicles, better team objectives and on a scale similar to Battlefield One. The multiplayer generally is too complicated with too many mechanics that have no synergy with each other.

3. A truly personal request, which is nearly the first element I look for shortly after inserting the disk of any new Halo title… FLYABLE PELICANS IN MULTIPLAYER (8+ seats, pilot + weapons operators). I once played this once on a mod for Halo Custom Edition on the PC and it was the most fun I’ve had in a game. Huge map, flying the pelican, vehicle galore, working together with my team, dropping off a squad in the enemy base to retrieve the flag, dodging scorpion projectiles as my team awaits pick-up, rapid descent into a hot LZ, shielded a team mate from sniper fire as they entered the rear of the Pelican, team mate sniper fires back killing the enemy sniper (from the back seat of the Pelican), flag carrier onboard, let’s roll out… flag captured. Please bring back the Pelican design from Halo 2 or similar… the Halo 5 pelican’s design looked like a cartoon, nothing rustic or interactive.

Maybe no-one will read this but I have to try and I pray that it reaches a decision maker in 343.

Thanks for listening…

Mike

Feel free to use any of the existing wish list threads in General Discussion or Universe to talk about future Halo games. Please keep the support sections clear for actual trouble shooting issues