Everything Great About Halo 5's Campaign

As we all known, Halo 5’s campaign is despised by the majority of the Halo community. However, I feel it’s not given enough credit and is always the focus of negativity, so I’d like to show people all the good things Halo 5’s campaign has to offer. I’ll be doing this planet by planet in chronological order, so Kamchatka is first.

Kamchatka: The opening CG cutscene, while not an ideal prologue, was still a very entertaining cutscene, showing the Spartans power that reminded me much of the opening to the Avengers. The first mission also takes you right into the heart of the Covenant and Promethean battle, actually making you feel a part of it instead of taking side routes alongside the battle. We also get our first look at the Kraken, which was a crazy sight to see. Buck also makes his return, but as a S-IV. Many people seem to think that Buck acted like Nathan Fillion and not Edward Buck in Halo 5. However, I believe that’s just a result of him not being the leader of a team like he was in ODST. Speaking from personal experience, I know my personality changes whether I’m the leader or not. People say Osiris has no personality, but Buck had some very humorous lines, a few being “what we’re counting now?” and “well…crap.”

Argent Moon: We finally get to see Blue Team in a Halo game. Did they have a whole lot to do? No, but it was very cool to finally see them. The first cutscene, while not representing the elites as noble elegant warriors, represented Blue Team as a well-oiled machine. This was also the first time we hear the Trials play in the background of the cutscene and it was glorious. The mission itself is one of the best, with a good variety of enemies, weapons, and combat scenarios. My personal favorite is the Banshee space battle near the end, as there are several different fun ways to complete it. After 7 FPS Halo games, we finally see the Hunters as they were always meant to be. They actually “hunt” you thought the mission, form their bodies from worms, and display their pure strength by pounding on the glass in the elevator.

Meridian: This was our first time visiting a glassed planet and our first time actually riding (and climbing) a space elevator. I love how the architecture looks gritty and like it was just kinda put together with whatever they had. In the games, all we’ve seen of humanity is them united against the Covenant (except for the small insurrectionist comment in Reach). In the lore, the outer colonies actually despise the UNSC, an the Meridian colonists display that throughout the missions.

Sanghelios: What isn’t there to say? It’s beautiful. In the summer of 2016, I went Zion National Park in Utah and hiked through canyons. I can personally say that it was spot on to Sanghelios. The music also fit perfectly. I’m not exactly sure which instruments were used, but it sounds like a low-toned flute and a guitar that really fits the ancient, deserty, vibe. Not only were they amazing to look at, but the levels were some of the best halo 5 had to offer. Swords of Sanghelios is one of the best Halo missions of all time imo and the reintroduction of the Arbiter was badass as hell. The next “real” mission, Enemy Lines, also gave us the chance to defeat the Scarab’s muscular older brother, the Kraken. The highlight of the mission, the Kraken gave you multiple ways to board it, my personal favorite landing on the roof, then ground pounding down on a shade turret. The final mission, Battle of Sunaion, puts tot in the heart of the battle and allows you to finally destroy the last of the Covenant. It takes you away from the desert environment of the previous missions and brings you to a Kamino-esque city. The tone and visuals of this missions are just astounding. How could I go through Sanghelios without mentioning the best elite/grunt conversation we’ve had yet and the love poem dedicated to a certain female Spartan.

Genesis: Genesis is a very unique planet in my eyes. It had strange mushroomy flora and was very humid and foggy. While not having the best missions, it did have some cool moments like running down the side of a Guardian and being able to use the infamous Answer SAW against the Warden. Genesis also introduced the best character in Halo 5, Exuberant Witness. She wasn’t a cliche, but rather a naive, corky, and curious character. I actually like her more than 343 GS. We are also treated to a very emotional cutscene. Say what you will about the story and the villain, but I loved the cutscene where Cortana betrays the Chief. I found it so sad how he holds out his hand and calls out to Cortana, while she holds back a few tears and continues to walk away.

I’m sure I forgot a few things, so if you got some more, tell me.

OP you are right halo 5 is very hated but I find it very fun and amusing I still like bungies campaign better (only campaign) but 343 did a good job I like how they turned cortana evil, it made a good plot twist in the series and they finally have a protagonist other than chief in a main title halo game I was happy happy happy that I would get to play as someone besides chief hes good and all but I don’t enjoy playing as chief as much as locke. This is just my opinion though

> 2535415472426404;2:
> they finally have a protagonist other than chief in a main title halo game

Arbiter wants a word with you

I agree, OP, there were some good points in the campaign. Personally I think the mission on Kamchatka and the Battle of Sunaion belong right up there with some of the great missions from the earlier games. I feel Meridian was done very well too. I’m honestly not particularly fond of the missions on Genesis though, and felt the overall story could’ve used more work.

While I can agree the campaign gets more hate than it deserves it’s easy to see why so many didn’t like it. Sadly, especially online, people are going to zero in and harp on what they hate.

I was originally not very happy with the campaign, but after I played through it a second time I liked it a lot more. Sure there are some lackluster moments, but overall it has some pretty cool locations and a decent storyline.

I think the main thing that turned off a lot of people (including myself) at first impression was the fact that the campaign didn’t resemble at all what was advertised to us for months beforehand. With Hunt The Truth and all the cool looking promos, an entirely different story was expected. I feel like a lot of people can’t get past this, and it tarnishes their view of the campaign indefinitely. If this same campaign was given to us without the expectation of something different, I feel like the reception of it would be a lot more positive. Instead it will always be compared to what we thought it would be.

There is nothing good about Halo 5’s campaign.

> 2535437497517606;6:
> There is nothing good about Halo 5’s campaign.

Care to share why you feel this way or just be another person who takes away from this community?

H5 certainly had some good. I talk to more people who enjoy the game then who don’t and those who don’t like the campaign when asked why typically just squeal about it not having some feature they wanted it to have and so because it didn’t cater to their desires they then take a big crap on it but can’t really objectively back it up at all.

Could it have been better? Sure. But it was not bad at all. Opened up a lot of future character development, took us to locations previously only mentioned in other Halo outlets never before seen in a core game, had great visuals and mostly good fire fight sequences.

um um um

nothing

<mark>If you’re just going to say, “Nothing was good about H5’s campaign” or some variant there isn’t really a need to comment. It’s okay not to like something, but you have to put some effort into it. There is also a thread for what you didn’t like about the campaign here; so negative stuff can go in that thread and positive stuff can go in this one.</mark>

For me, I still feel the story was incredibly lacking (and I’ve gone on a tangent before) that being said after a few replays I’ve come to like several of the levels including the sanghelli home world levels, blue team, and reunion.
I enjoy finding some of the hidden paths and hidden weapons.
The spot where you run down the back of the guardian remains a great set piece.
The juxtaposition of the overly flashy opening cut scene with blue team’s overall cool intro brought a smile to my face.
I also get a kick out of exuberant witness.
Other positives include the Promethean’s being better balanced imo.

> 2695457991280734;7:
> > 2535437497517606;6:
> > There is nothing good about Halo 5’s campaign.
>
> Care to share why you feel this way or just be another person who takes away from this community?
>
> H5 certainly had some good. I talk to more people who enjoy the game then who don’t and those who don’t like the campaign when asked why typically just squeal about it not having some feature they wanted it to have and so because it didn’t cater to their desires they then take a big crap on it but can’t really objectively back it up at all.
>
> Could it have been better? Sure. But it was not bad at all. Opened up a lot of future character development, took us to locations previously only mentioned in other Halo outlets never before seen in a core game, had great visuals and mostly good fire fight sequences.

If you want to know how I feel about Halo 5’s campaign, go to this link. There is so much wrong with Halo 5’s campaign it would take hours to type it in a Halo Waypoint post. If you care to hear my opinion the link I shared with you is pretty much exactly what I think.

Some of the Prometheans were actually decent enough to be fun. The actual gameplay/shooting mechanics were trash but the enemies themselves can be salvaged. Not the Warden Eternal, hell no, but the soldiers were a nice addition and the knights no longer felt like bullet sponges. On the other hand, the crawlers felt like a step backwards since they no longer make use of the walls to flank you. And the watchers are still as bad as before. But if the Prometheans ever make a return in a decent Halo game, I definitely want the Knights and Soldiers from H5G with the Crawlers from Halo 4. (Or even better ones.)

Running down the Guardian was cool and I liked the visuals like Sanghelios and Genesis for example.

> 2695457991280734;7:
> > 2535437497517606;6:
> > There is nothing good about Halo 5’s campaign.
>
> Care to share why you feel this way or just be another person who takes away from this community?
>
> H5 certainly had some good. I talk to more people who enjoy the game then who don’t and those who don’t like the campaign when asked why typically just squeal about it not having some feature they wanted it to have and so because it didn’t cater to their desires they then take a big crap on it but can’t really objectively back it up at all.
>
> Could it have been better? Sure. But it was not bad at all. Opened up a lot of future character development, took us to locations previously only mentioned in other Halo outlets never before seen in a core game, had great visuals and mostly good fire fight sequences.

I don’t like the visuals or the firefight sequences. Halo CE is more aesthetically pleasing than Halo 5 and it’s combat is better. I don’t like the visuals, gameplay, or story of Halo 5. I have countless videos on deck about why Halo 5 is trash, if you want to know more about specific things I don’t like about Halo 5 just ask and I will give you a link. I am actually tired of trying to talk about how trash Halo 4 and 5 are because most people who like those games are ignorant and don’t care about the facts or the bigger picture, and they don’t even bother to consider your argument. If you want to listen what I think then just watch the videos I paste ( I didn’t create any of them) or look at my post history and read the things I wrote.

> 2533274880633045;9:
> If you’re just going to say, “Nothing was good about H5’s campaign” or some variant there isn’t really a need to comment. It’s okay not to like something, but you have to put some effort into it. There is also a thread for what you didn’t like about the campaign here; so negative stuff can go in that thread and positive stuff can go in this one.
>
> For me, I still feel the story was incredibly lacking (and I’ve gone on a tangent before) that being said after a few replays I’ve come to like several of the levels including the sanghelli home world levels, blue team, and reunion.
> I enjoy finding some of the hidden paths and hidden weapons.
> The spot where you run down the back of the guardian remain’s a great set piece.
> The juxtaposition of the overly flashy opening cut scene with blue team’s overall cool intro brought a smile to my face.
> I also get a kick out of exuberant witness.
> Other positives include the Promethean’s being better balanced imo.

You know the opening cutscene is fundamentally flawed. If you want to know why I say this watch this video .

> 2535437497517606;14:
> > 2533274880633045;9:
> > If you’re just going to say, “Nothing was good about H5’s campaign” or some variant there isn’t really a need to comment. It’s okay not to like something, but you have to put some effort into it. There is also a thread for what you didn’t like about the campaign here; so negative stuff can go in that thread and positive stuff can go in this one.
> >
> > For me, I still feel the story was incredibly lacking (and I’ve gone on a tangent before) that being said after a few replays I’ve come to like several of the levels including the sanghelli home world levels, blue team, and reunion.
> > I enjoy finding some of the hidden paths and hidden weapons.
> > The spot where you run down the back of the guardian remain’s a great set piece.
> > The juxtaposition of the overly flashy opening cut scene with blue team’s overall cool intro brought a smile to my face.
> > I also get a kick out of exuberant witness.
> > Other positives include the Promethean’s being better balanced imo.
>
> You know the opening cutscene is fundamentally flawed. If you want to know why I say this watch this video .

You don’t need to spam some kid’s youtube account. There isn’t a point to that. I don’t put a lot of faith in youtubers or people who hold them as authorities and if you want to discuss the kid’s videos there is a community creations section.

> 2533274827215546;3:
> > 2535415472426404;2:
> > they finally have a protagonist other than chief in a main title halo game
>
> Arbiter wants a word with you
>
> I agree, OP, there were some good points in the campaign. Personally I think the mission on Kamchatka and the Battle of Sunaion belong right up there with some of the great missions from the earlier games. I feel Meridian was done very well too. I’m honestly not particularly fond of the missions on Genesis though, and felt the overall story could’ve used more work.

I loved arbiter I would fight my brother over who got 2nd player in halo 3 campaign. chief may want a word with me in that case…
RUN!!!

> 2533274880633045;15:
> > 2535437497517606;14:
> > > 2533274880633045;9:
> > > If you’re just going to say, “Nothing was good about H5’s campaign” or some variant there isn’t really a need to comment. It’s okay not to like something, but you have to put some effort into it. There is also a thread for what you didn’t like about the campaign here; so negative stuff can go in that thread and positive stuff can go in this one.
> > >
> > > For me, I still feel the story was incredibly lacking (and I’ve gone on a tangent before) that being said after a few replays I’ve come to like several of the levels including the sanghelli home world levels, blue team, and reunion.
> > > I enjoy finding some of the hidden paths and hidden weapons.
> > > The spot where you run down the back of the guardian remain’s a great set piece.
> > > The juxtaposition of the overly flashy opening cut scene with blue team’s overall cool intro brought a smile to my face.
> > > I also get a kick out of exuberant witness.
> > > Other positives include the Promethean’s being better balanced imo.
> >
> > You know the opening cutscene is fundamentally flawed. If you want to know why I say this watch this video .
>
> You don’t need to spam some kid’s youtube account. There isn’t a point to that. I don’t put a lot of faith in youtubers or people who hold them as authorities and if you want to discuss the kid’s videos there is a community creations section.

Quite an assumption you made by calling the YouTuber a kid. Just to let you know he is a grown -Yoink- man. Also pasting a video once isn’t spam.

> 2535437497517606;17:
> > 2533274880633045;15:
> > > 2535437497517606;14:
> > > > 2533274880633045;9:
> > > > If you’re just going to say, “Nothing was good about H5’s campaign” or some variant there isn’t really a need to comment. It’s okay not to like something, but you have to put some effort into it. There is also a thread for what you didn’t like about the campaign here; so negative stuff can go in that thread and positive stuff can go in this one.
> > > >
> > > > For me, I still feel the story was incredibly lacking (and I’ve gone on a tangent before) that being said after a few replays I’ve come to like several of the levels including the sanghelli home world levels, blue team, and reunion.
> > > > I enjoy finding some of the hidden paths and hidden weapons.
> > > > The spot where you run down the back of the guardian remain’s a great set piece.
> > > > The juxtaposition of the overly flashy opening cut scene with blue team’s overall cool intro brought a smile to my face.
> > > > I also get a kick out of exuberant witness.
> > > > Other positives include the Promethean’s being better balanced imo.
> > >
> > > You know the opening cutscene is fundamentally flawed. If you want to know why I say this watch this video .
> >
> > You don’t need to spam some kid’s youtube account. There isn’t a point to that. I don’t put a lot of faith in youtubers or people who hold them as authorities and if you want to discuss the kid’s videos there is a community creations section.
>
> Quite a assumption you made by calling the YouTuber a kid. Just to let you know he is a grown -Yoink- man.

That doesn’t matter. Having a webcam doesn’t make someone an authority on anything.

> 2533274880633045;18:
> > 2535437497517606;17:
> > > 2533274880633045;15:
> > > > 2535437497517606;14:
> > > > > 2533274880633045;9:
> > > > > If you’re just going to say, “Nothing was good about H5’s campaign” or some variant there isn’t really a need to comment. It’s okay not to like something, but you have to put some effort into it. There is also a thread for what you didn’t like about the campaign here; so negative stuff can go in that thread and positive stuff can go in this one.
> > > > >
> > > > > For me, I still feel the story was incredibly lacking (and I’ve gone on a tangent before) that being said after a few replays I’ve come to like several of the levels including the sanghelli home world levels, blue team, and reunion.
> > > > > I enjoy finding some of the hidden paths and hidden weapons.
> > > > > The spot where you run down the back of the guardian remain’s a great set piece.
> > > > > The juxtaposition of the overly flashy opening cut scene with blue team’s overall cool intro brought a smile to my face.
> > > > > I also get a kick out of exuberant witness.
> > > > > Other positives include the Promethean’s being better balanced imo.
> > > >
> > > > You know the opening cutscene is fundamentally flawed. If you want to know why I say this watch this video .
> > >
> > > You don’t need to spam some kid’s youtube account. There isn’t a point to that. I don’t put a lot of faith in youtubers or people who hold them as authorities and if you want to discuss the kid’s videos there is a community creations section.
> >
> > Quite a assumption you made by calling the YouTuber a kid. Just to let you know he is a grown -Yoink- man.
>
> That doesn’t matter. Having a webcam doesn’t make someone an authority on anything.

Again with the assumptions, I never said he had any athourity. Plus you don’t need to have a webcam to know he is a man.

> 2535437497517606;19:
> > 2533274880633045;18:
> > > 2535437497517606;17:
> > > > 2533274880633045;15:
> > > > > 2535437497517606;14:
> > > > > > 2533274880633045;9:
> > > > > > If you’re just going to say, “Nothing was good about H5’s campaign” or some variant there isn’t really a need to comment. It’s okay not to like something, but you have to put some effort into it. There is also a thread for what you didn’t like about the campaign here; so negative stuff can go in that thread and positive stuff can go in this one.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > For me, I still feel the story was incredibly lacking (and I’ve gone on a tangent before) that being said after a few replays I’ve come to like several of the levels including the sanghelli home world levels, blue team, and reunion.
> > > > > > I enjoy finding some of the hidden paths and hidden weapons.
> > > > > > The spot where you run down the back of the guardian remain’s a great set piece.
> > > > > > The juxtaposition of the overly flashy opening cut scene with blue team’s overall cool intro brought a smile to my face.
> > > > > > I also get a kick out of exuberant witness.
> > > > > > Other positives include the Promethean’s being better balanced imo.
> > > > >
> > > > > You know the opening cutscene is fundamentally flawed. If you want to know why I say this watch this video .
> > > >
> > > > You don’t need to spam some kid’s youtube account. There isn’t a point to that. I don’t put a lot of faith in youtubers or people who hold them as authorities and if you want to discuss the kid’s videos there is a community creations section.
> > >
> > > Quite a assumption you made by calling the YouTuber a kid. Just to let you know he is a grown -Yoink- man.
> >
> > That doesn’t matter. Having a webcam doesn’t make someone an authority on anything.
>
> Again with the assumptions, I never said he had any athourity. Plus you don’t need to have a webcam to know he is a man.

You held up the video as the reason for your opinion. That is using him an as an authority. Either way; this is off-topic. If you have anything further to say about the cat’s videos then take it to community creations.