Everyone's different opinions on Halo

I see so many complaints about 343 not making Halo 4 like Halo. But, here’s the problem. Most of the community thinks of Halo as a try-hard game with skill ranks. A small portion of the community thinks of Halo as a game that you’d play for fun in multiplayer and campaign. Why are people angry that 343 listened to the smaller portion?

Actually you are confused, the COMPETITIVE part of the community is the minority, and the CASUAL part is the majority, so 343I tried to carter to the casual part wich is the Majority.

> Actually you are confused, the COMPETITIVE part of the community is the minority, and the CASUAL part is the majority, so 343I tried to carter to the casual part wich is the Majority.

Then why are so many people quitting the game?

Yep. Saddly the casuals are the quiet majority and the competitive is the vocal minority . Now here is the part no one understands whatsoever: Why not cater to both? Halo 3 did very well. Competitive and Social playlists. They will see what happens when you alienate the die hard fans of the franchise.

> Actually you are confused, the COMPETITIVE part of the community is the minority, and the CASUAL part is the majority, so 343I tried to carter to the casual part wich is the Majority.

Then why do so many people here hate the game? Maybe there are no casuals on waypoint? idk

> > Actually you are confused, the COMPETITIVE part of the community is the minority, and the CASUAL part is the majority, so 343I tried to carter to the casual part wich is the Majority.
>
> Then why are so many people quitting the game?

Because casual gamers play more than 1 single game all the time, while more competitive players tend to stick with the game for longer periods of time.

> Then why do so many people here hate the game? Maybe there are no casuals on waypoint? idk

Because not EVERYONE that got the game has a Waypoint account, the people that enjoy the game usually dont come to the forums as they are busy playing the game while the people that dislike the game come to the forums to rant or point out their opinions, that is why you see most people hating on the game on the forums.

Same thing happens with any game, H3, Reach, and 2 also had this issue in their forums.

> > Actually you are confused, the COMPETITIVE part of the community is the minority, and the CASUAL part is the majority, so 343I tried to carter to the casual part wich is the Majority.
>
> Then why do so many people here hate the game? Maybe there are no casuals on waypoint? idk

Well, because forums exist for complaints. It’s the best way to be heard directly.

> > > Actually you are confused, the COMPETITIVE part of the community is the minority, and the CASUAL part is the majority, so 343I tried to carter to the casual part wich is the Majority.
> >
> > Then why are so many people quitting the game?
>
> Because casual gamers play more than 1 single game all the time, while more competitive players tend to stick with the game for longer periods of time.

So which side do you think the game should be designed for?

>

No casuals on Waypoint?

Good one.

> > > > Actually you are confused, the COMPETITIVE part of the community is the minority, and the CASUAL part is the majority, so 343I tried to carter to the casual part wich is the Majority.
> > >
> > > Then why are so many people quitting the game?
> >
> > Because casual gamers play more than 1 single game all the time, while more competitive players tend to stick with the game for longer periods of time.
>
> So which side do you think the game should be designed for?

The side which will stick to the game the longest.

Plenty of those who are non-competitive now who bought Halo 4 would buy it if it was a pure competitive game. Halo will generate profit, because it’s Halo, and the massive hype train campaign that i343 had.

> > > > Actually you are confused, the COMPETITIVE part of the community is the minority, and the CASUAL part is the majority, so 343I tried to carter to the casual part wich is the Majority.
> > >
> >
> > Because casual gamers play more than 1 single game all the time, while more competitive players tend to stick with the game for longer periods of time.
>

Both

> > >
> >
>

IMO for both, however CASUAL players being a larger pool, means that trying to carter to them will generate much more revenue (wich in the end is what companies do, try to win as much as possible) than cartering to a smaller base wich will generate much less revenue.

In the end its all about money.