Everyone quits, so why not?

Very seldom I play a game where at least one teammate doesn’t quit in Halo Reach. Anyone else have this problem? I don’t want to be one of those people that “wah wah I want a ranking system”, but I feel like if there was one there would be much less quitting.

Although there would more than likely be cheating, that’s also what social playlists are for, and that’s what the banhammer existed for as well a few years back. Regardless of whether it worked 100% of the time or not, I still had a more enjoyable time playing more “competitive” matchmaking games as opposed to many of them with 1 less teammate, and a very big disadvantage when you’re playing against other players who actually know what they’re doing. Maybe the join session in progress will fix this, but I’m still one to disagree that it would work as fluidly with Halo as other games.

I’m not one to say though, since I have not played it yet. I just feel like if we had both a credit system, and ranked playlists, everyone would be satisfied. As well as including the social playlists for the people who don’t want to play as serious and are okay with quitting. Just an opinion, as I’m sure it’s been stated before I just felt that I was entitled to one. Much love to 343 I like what you’ve done so far, just throwing my 2 cents in.

Quitting was just as rampant in Halo 3, despite there being a ranking system. The problem is that people feel that they shouldn’t have to sit through a game if they don’t like the gametype or map.

I only experience quitting often in BTB, other then that it’s just occasionally. But there should be a bigger punishment for quitting in any objective game, as that puts one team at a large disadvantage if the enemy team is at least as good as they are.

> Quitting was just as rampant in Halo 3, despite there being a ranking system. The problem is that people feel that they shouldn’t have to sit through a game if they don’t like the gametype or map.

Quitting wasn’t near as bad in Halo 3 as it is in Halo Reach. Play Big Team Battle, a lot of the time, two people remain in the game. This also brings up betrayals, but that’s another story altogether.

> Very seldom I play a game where at least one teammate doesn’t quit in Halo Reach. Anyone else have this problem? I don’t want to be one of those people that “wah wah I want a ranking system”, but I feel like if there was one there would be much less quitting.
>
> Although there would more than likely be cheating, that’s also what social playlists are for, and that’s what the banhammer existed for as well a few years back. Regardless of whether it worked 100% of the time or not, I still had a more enjoyable time playing more “competitive” matchmaking games as opposed to many of them with 1 less teammate, and a very big disadvantage when you’re playing against other players who actually know what they’re doing. Maybe the join session in progress will fix this, but I’m still one to disagree that it would work as fluidly with Halo as other games.
>
> I’m not one to say though, since I have not played it yet. I just feel like if we had both a credit system, and ranked playlists, everyone would be satisfied. As well as including the social playlists for the people who don’t want to play as serious and are okay with quitting. Just an opinion, as I’m sure it’s been stated before I just felt that I was entitled to one. Much love to 343 I like what you’ve done so far, just throwing my 2 cents in.

now they have mid-join sessions so hopefully it will be fine:)

> > Quitting was just as rampant in Halo 3, despite there being a ranking system. The problem is that people feel that they shouldn’t have to sit through a game if they don’t like the gametype or map.
>
> Quitting wasn’t near as bad in Halo 3 as it is in Halo Reach. Play Big Team Battle, a lot of the time, two people remain in the game. This also brings up betrayals, but that’s another story altogether.

Agreed. I started playing Halo 3 a little bit more then 1 year before the release of Halo Reach, and I never had a problem with people quitting. :slight_smile:

And I had even less of a problem with betraying.

> > Quitting was just as rampant in Halo 3, despite there being a ranking system. The problem is that people feel that they shouldn’t have to sit through a game if they don’t like the gametype or map.
>
> Quitting wasn’t near as bad in Halo 3 as it is in Halo Reach. Play Big Team Battle, a lot of the time, two people remain in the game. This also brings up betrayals, but that’s another story altogether.

For me, quitting was worse in Halo 3. The only time I got to play Halo 2, my entire team quit. In my experience, quitting in Reach is no different that it has ever been.

Once again OP adds a irrelevant option at an attempt to be funny.

OT: I believe a system involving both would be possible.

> Once again OP adds a irrelevant option at an attempt to be funny.
>
> OT: I believe a system involving both would be possible.

Lololol :slight_smile: Sorry I very seldom make polls, I had to.

edit: btw *an

> > > Quitting was just as rampant in Halo 3, despite there being a ranking system. The problem is that people feel that they shouldn’t have to sit through a game if they don’t like the gametype or map.
> >
> > Quitting wasn’t near as bad in Halo 3 as it is in Halo Reach. Play Big Team Battle, a lot of the time, two people remain in the game. This also brings up betrayals, but that’s another story altogether.
>
> For me, quitting was worse in Halo 3. The only time I got to play Halo 2, my entire team quit. In my experience, quitting in Reach is no different that it has ever been.

Playing Halo 2 for 4 years and Halo 3 for about the same amount of time, I would say that I felt like there was a drastic difference in the amount of games I was in that a player would quit compared to Reach. I’m not going to give you any false percentages or anything I’m just giving a player’s opinion.

I think a credit system and maybe an invisible ranking system. It would probably be best that way, but it doesn’t really matter since 343 isn’t gonna change the system they’ve got.

Also, I LOVE peanut butter!!!

Peanut Butter is Winning!!

I like Progressive Ranking as well as a 1-50 Rank/ De-Rank system. Why can’t we just have both!! But not like the Fail that was “The Arena”

> Peanut Butter is Winning!!
>
> I like Progressive Ranking as well as a 1-50 Rank/ De-Rank system. Why can’t we just have both!! But not like the Fail that was “The Arena”

Lol I didn’t really expect peanut butter to be winning but then again I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised, I probably messed up by putting that as an option.

I just don’t understand why having both isn’t the best option. It appeals to everyone, and that was the whole point of “social” playlists in the first place.

> > > Quitting was just as rampant in Halo 3, despite there being a ranking system. The problem is that people feel that they shouldn’t have to sit through a game if they don’t like the gametype or map.
> >
> > Quitting wasn’t near as bad in Halo 3 as it is in Halo Reach. Play Big Team Battle, a lot of the time, two people remain in the game. This also brings up betrayals, but that’s another story altogether.
>
> For me, quitting was worse in Halo 3. The only time I got to play Halo 2, my entire team quit. In my experience, quitting in Reach is no different that it has ever been.

Quitting was pretty rampant in H3. Especially in ranked and BTB.

> > > Quitting was just as rampant in Halo 3, despite there being a ranking system. The problem is that people feel that they shouldn’t have to sit through a game if they don’t like the gametype or map.
> >
> > Quitting wasn’t near as bad in Halo 3 as it is in Halo Reach. Play Big Team Battle, a lot of the time, two people remain in the game. This also brings up betrayals, but that’s another story altogether.
>
> For me, quitting was worse in Halo 3. The only time I got to play Halo 2, my entire team quit. In my experience, quitting in Reach is no different that it has ever been.

That’s kind of odd. I’ve never had all other fifteen players quit from a game in Halo 3, nothing near it. But in Reach, it happens considerably more often.

When you play BTB in Reach, it’s expected that at least five people will quit. In Halo 3, it was a totally different atmosphere.

> > Peanut Butter is Winning!!
> >
> > I like Progressive Ranking as well as a 1-50 Rank/ De-Rank system. Why can’t we just have both!! But not like the Fail that was “The Arena”
>
> Lol I didn’t really expect peanut butter to be winning but then again I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised, I probably messed up by putting that as an option.
>
> I just don’t understand why having both isn’t the best option. It appeals to everyone, and that was the whole point of “social” playlists in the first place.

So long as the skill rating and progression system are in no way linked like in Halo 3, then that’d be fine.

> > > > Quitting was just as rampant in Halo 3, despite there being a ranking system. The problem is that people feel that they shouldn’t have to sit through a game if they don’t like the gametype or map.
> > >
> > > Quitting wasn’t near as bad in Halo 3 as it is in Halo Reach. Play Big Team Battle, a lot of the time, two people remain in the game. This also brings up betrayals, but that’s another story altogether.
> >
> > For me, quitting was worse in Halo 3. The only time I got to play Halo 2, my entire team quit. In my experience, quitting in Reach is no different that it has ever been.
>
> That’s kind of odd. I’ve never had all other fifteen players quit from a game in Halo 3, nothing near it. But in Reach, it happens considerably more often.
>
> When you play BTB in Reach, it’s expected that at least five people will quit. In Halo 3, it was a totally different atmosphere.

Like I said, that was not my experience.

I picked the winning one, why? Cause it was random!
But also, because I want a mix between the two systems, and something better.

Well, in Halo 3 you were free to quit while in Reach you got quit banned. Simple enough, quitting might happened a lot in Halo 3, but thanks to fewer playlists and higher population in each playlist, you wouldn’t notice, give a bad review and play on, they get put on another team and you find new players… In Halo Reach on the other hand, most people would just get pissed and move on to another game, hence lowering the already low population of said playlist, which means you’ll be forced to play with the same quitters.

Not sure if it is 100% true, but I had less quitters and less lag in Halo 3, while Reach gave me plenty of both (despite open nat and 100/100Mbit). Only downside in Halo 3 was the lack of progression once you’ve played a few games (no more exp unlocked ranks) and the fact that search times were horrendous. On the other hand, I’d rather wait a minute for a good game, then search for 5 secs to find a laggy one :wink:
However, quitters to me had nothing to do with rank, except that people quit games to boost/derank, something I don’t want Halo 4 to encourage.

Quitters will always exist, for right or wrong reasons. Halo 3 has quitters, Halo Reach has quitters, they can’t be rid of. It something you have to live with. Only Peanut Butter can repel, for it contains a great power.