Everyone needs to thank 343i for this....

Whether you love, like, hate, or are indifferent to Halo 4.

Step back for a second, and appreciate that 343i and MS has given us a forum for us to express views ranging from the blind love of Halo 4, to the outright insulting of their professional integrity.

They are better than me in that some times I feel that this forum would be better off closed.

For that I salute 343i.

So you would rather turn a deaf ear to all the negative criticism of a game you developed instead of knowing exactly why people are complaining about it so you don’t make the same mistakes next time, or even try to improve your current product?

> So you would rather turn a deaf ear to all the negative criticism of a game you developed instead of knowing exactly why people are complaining about it so you don’t make the same mistakes next time, or even try to improve your current product?

Spoken like a true person who didn’t even read the OP.

Pretty sure they did a great job with H4. I can’t wait for them to continue the awesomeness with H5 in a few years.

> Spoken like a true person who didn’t even read the OP.

“<mark>They are better than me in that some times I feel that this forum would be better off closed.</mark>”

Nah, spoken like I read it just fine.

> So you would rather turn a deaf ear to all the negative criticism of a game you developed instead of knowing exactly why people are complaining about it so you don’t make the same mistakes next time, or even try to improve your current product?

What I would rather do is immaterial.

343i has given us all a forum where we can express ourselves :slight_smile:

> Whether you love, like, hate, or are indifferent to Halo 4.
>
> Step back for a second, and appreciate that 343i and MS has given us a forum for us to express views ranging from the blind love of Halo 4, to the outright insulting of their professional integrity.
>
> They are better than me in that some times I feel that this forum would be better off closed.
>
> For that I salute 343i.

Seriously?!

Forums are a standard for everything nowadays.

Also, a forum full of complainers is better than an empty forum. At least with a forum full of complaints you know that people actually care about your product and want you to better it.

> > Whether you love, like, hate, or are indifferent to Halo 4.
> >
> > Step back for a second, and appreciate that 343i and MS has given us a forum for us to express views ranging from the blind love of Halo 4, to the outright insulting of their professional integrity.
> >
> > They are better than me in that some times I feel that this forum would be better off closed.
> >
> > For that I salute 343i.
>
> Seriously?!
>
> Forums are a standard for everything nowadays.
>
> Also, a forum full of complainers is better than an empty forum. At least with a forum full of complaints you know that people actually care about your product and want you to better it.

Yes, but other companies lock, ban, and delete threads like a boss :slight_smile:

343i seems rather relaxed in my opinion.

I think their main goal in creating a forum was to stop people from emailing them.

Now they literally don’t have to listen to us. You can set an email to tell if you if it’s been read. Can’t do that on a forum.

In seriousness, I doubt that’s the reason. But sometimes it feels like it.

> > > Whether you love, like, hate, or are indifferent to Halo 4.
> > >
> > > Step back for a second, and appreciate that 343i and MS has given us a forum for us to express views ranging from the blind love of Halo 4, to the outright insulting of their professional integrity.
> > >
> > > They are better than me in that some times I feel that this forum would be better off closed.
> > >
> > > For that I salute 343i.
> >
> > Seriously?!
> >
> > Forums are a standard for everything nowadays.
> >
> > Also, a forum full of complainers is better than an empty forum. At least with a forum full of complaints you know that people actually care about your product and want you to better it.
>
> Yes, but other companies lock, ban, and delete threads like a boss :slight_smile:
>
> 343i seems rather relaxed in my opinion.

I’ve seen the Mods/Admins on here delete and lock threads that haven’t broken any rules simply because they didn’t like the “tone” of the people writing. It has gotten more lax though as of late, but it’s still not very good. I do agree though there are far worse forums though like anything by EA and Epic Games.

> I’ve seen the Mods/Admins on here delete and lock threads that haven’t broken any rules simply because they didn’t like the “tone” of the people writing. It has gotten more lax though as of late, but it’s still not very good. I do agree though there are far worse forums though like anything by EA and Epic Games.

If you have a problem or question about forum moderation, please feel free to send me a PM to discuss it. Otherwise do not discuss forum moderation on the forums as it’s against forum rules. Thanks.

> I think their main goal in creating a forum was to stop people from emailing them.
>
> Now they literally don’t have to listen to us. You can set an email to tell if you if it’s been read. Can’t do that on a forum.
>
>
>
> In seriousness, I doubt that’s the reason. But sometimes it feels like it.

Just for you, I read this. Bro fist.

> > I think their main goal in creating a forum was to stop people from emailing them.
> >
> > Now they literally don’t have to listen to us. You can set an email to tell if you if it’s been read. Can’t do that on a forum.
> >
> >
> >
> > In seriousness, I doubt that’s the reason. But sometimes it feels like it.
>
> Just for you, I read this. Bro fist.

Oh the Lulz, well played Sir.

> > I think their main goal in creating a forum was to stop people from emailing them.
> >
> > Now they literally don’t have to listen to us. You can set an email to tell if you if it’s been read. Can’t do that on a forum.
> >
> >
> >
> > In seriousness, I doubt that’s the reason. But sometimes it feels like it.
>
> Just for you, I read this. Bro fist.

You dont owe me or anyone an explanation… BUT why do you and other people of 343 reply to stuff like this instead of people giving constructive critism on the game?

> So you would rather turn a deaf ear to all the negative criticism of a game you developed instead of knowing exactly why people are complaining about it so you don’t make the same mistakes next time, or even try to improve your current product?

In some cases, its for the best to ignore.

> You dont owe me or anyone an explanation… BUT why do you and other people of 343 reply to stuff like this instead of people giving constructive criticism on the game?

Have you seen those threads? I’m not going in there. And I’m bigger than rukizzel. And bs angel. Even if bs angel rode on rukizzel. Still me.

> You dont owe me or anyone an explanation… BUT why do you and other people of 343 reply to stuff like this instead of people giving constructive critism on the game?

Fair question. My particular job is Community Coordinator. While I could sit here and describe what it entails, it would be easier to just say that I am a mini bs angel. My particular duty involves upkeep of the forums, and that is my area of expertise.

We’ve got a handful of people including myself, who peruse the forums daily. You will see them around as Forum Team, MM Systems Team, bs angel, rukizzel, B is for Bravo, etc.

It is quite a chore to respond to every single question that is out there, so we try to roll up information in weekly Bulletins to deliver to you all, and make supporting posts in relevant discussion threads.

Back to the original question, though, why do I reply to stuff like this? Well, sometimes it feels good to just have a conversation with you all. We respond to the game stuff a lot, but being able to connect with you on a cheekier level is worth it.

> > You dont owe me or anyone an explanation… BUT why do you and other people of 343 reply to stuff like this instead of people giving constructive critism on the game?
>
> Fair question. My particular job is Community Coordinator. While I could sit here and describe what it entails, it would be easier to just say that I am a mini bs angel. My particular duty involves upkeep of the forums, and that is my area of expertise.
>
> We’ve got a handful of people including myself, who peruse the forums daily. You will see them around as Forum Team, MM Systems Team, bs angel, rukizzel, B is for Bravo, etc.
>
> It is quite a chore to respond to every single question that is out there, so we try to roll up information in weekly Bulletins to deliver to you all, and make supporting posts in relevant discussion threads.
>
> Back to the original question, though, why do I reply to stuff like this? Well, sometimes it feels good to just have a conversation with you all. We respond to the game stuff a lot, but being able to connect with you on a cheekier level is worth it.

Kind of direct, rukizzel, but you’re actually a father of 3. That night wasn’t worth it man.

hahah best reply everrr!!! and also thank you for putting up with our bs hahahah its way to much people lighten up… atleast were not all stuck with a copy of E.T. for the Atari… TY343!

It’s just me or does always where sarcasmbully goes, rukizzel always follows?