Everyone is trolling the matchmaking.

Why is trolling so “funny” stunning wraith betrayling etc? I think it only shows that u are too bad to play right and you are childish -Yoink-. Nothing else. Is it so that halo is so full of kids thease days so you cant play without getting betrayed five times in single game?

I think this thread is more about Reachs low quality Matchmaking than about Halo 4…

There is nothing worth discussing here. /thread

If you went in without a full party… You are basically saying you are ok with being at the mercy of randomly being matched with teammates. Don’t complain when you knew what was up.

Most of the trolls aren’t kids, actually.

There are a number of problems with Reach that make this kind of gameplay rampant. The punishment systems are inadequate, it’s way too easy to get around the banhammer, and there’s less incentive to win, all of which make trolling more frequent. I’m sure that there are other factors, but I’m a bit too tired at the moment to think of 'em.

I can tell you that trolling and griefing in Halo 3 never came close to the frequency and severity it has in Reach. :\

Edit

I think it’s something that’s always going to be there though, regardless of incentive to win or punishment level. I mean can you really punish a guy for shooting a plasma pistol at a friendly vehicle, if it does not directly kill anyone? Trolls will always exist.
And maybe you saw less of it in Halo 3 because Halo 3 multiplayer was more tuned to a competitive audience? I don’t really remember a lot of that in Halo 3 either.

> Why is trolling so “funny” stunning wraith betrayling etc? I think it only shows that u are too bad to play right and you are childish -Yoink!-. Nothing else. Is it so that halo is so full of kids thease days so you cant play without getting betrayed five times in single game?

Just betray them back this is how it starts out I get shot by an AR or DMR (a would be betrayer because I grabbed a power weapon) and I turn and kill said betrayer with said power weapon if I get kicked oh well it better to quit then to play with donkeys.

> I think it’s something that’s always going to be there though, regardless of incentive to win or punishment level. I mean can you really punish a guy for shooting a plasma pistol at a friendly vehicle, if it does not directly kill anyone? Trolls will always exist.
> And maybe you saw less of it in Halo 3 because Halo 3 multiplayer was more tuned to a competitive audience? I don’t really remember a lot of that in Halo 3 either.

Wich is why there will be a somewhat ranked play list in halo 4 ( which will weed out betrayers and other players)

Trolling in Reach is far more rampant than it was in Halo 3. I blame some of the gameplay mechanics and the fact that there is little incentive to win and almost no forms of punishment to stifle this behavior. I would be all in favor of a booting system like Left 4 Dead.

> I would be all in favor of a booting system like Left 4 Dead.

What, one where you get booted in the lobby for not having your mic plugged in? Sounds great.

> > I would be all in favor of a booting system like Left 4 Dead.
>
> What, one where you get booted in the lobby for not having your mic plugged in? Sounds great.

No, the one where you will get booted for being an -Yoink-. Halo player mentality is not like Left 4 Dead’s. People would probably use that tool for booting people who they know betrayed them or delivered a significant amount of damage for them.

For example, after you are betrayed, you have to option to call for a betrayal boot vote. To make it fair, you would have to have about 50%-75% of your team to vote to kick him out.

> Why is trolling so “funny” stunning wraith betrayling etc? I think it only shows that u are too bad to play right and you are childish -Yoink!-. Nothing else. Is it so that halo is so full of kids thease days so you cant play without getting betrayed five times in single game?

Well, thats probably b/c ppl are getting tired of Halo Reach.

I feel you, 3 of the 4 games I played tonight were nothing but pathetic. I had two team mates in one game constantly stand in front of my Wraith trying to make me run them over, of course I didnt so they simply begin shooting me then.

I find out that most of the people who do these acts are stupidity are in fact teenagers and adults that are complete morons and simply want to force you to betray them to boot you to troll.

Report them and cuss a bit, it makes you feel better, and just hope that reporting actually has a effect but it generally doesn’t, people attempt to defend Reach, but theres simply nothing in Reach worth defending beside Custom Games, Forge, and its bland as hell.

You could do like I have decided to do, simply wait till Halo 4 is out to enter Matchmaking once again, I will become a hermit in forge until the release.

> I feel you, 3 of the 4 games I played tonight were nothing but pathetic. I had two team mates in one game constantly stand in front of my Wraith trying to make me run them over, of course I didnt so they simply begin shooting me then.
>
> I find out that most of the people who do these acts are stupidity are in fact teenagers and adults that are complete morons and simply want to force you to betray them to boot you to troll.
>
> Report them and cuss a bit, it makes you feel better, and just hope that reporting actually has a effect but it generally doesn’t, people attempt to defend Reach, but theres simply nothing in Reach worth defending beside Custom Games, Forge, and its bland as hell.
>
> You could do like I have decided to do, simply wait till Halo 4 is out to enter Matchmaking once again, I will become a hermit in forge until the release.

Agreed. If you don’t go with friends in Matchmanking your team will usually be randoms while the other is usually coordinated, more skilled team. I think I’ll try to get my friends together for one more go so that we can end on a good note before jumping into Halo 4.

I think it’s because people took matchmaking a lot more seriously. I played a lot of Ranked multiplayer in halo 3 and there weren’t any betrayers there. For some reason the Ranked matches didn’t really exist in halo reach, and so I stopped playing. I guess the less serious players you have, the easier it is to come across the mischievous trollers and betrayers

Playing with randoms has always been horrendous.

Go to the recruiting forums and find a group / community / clan to join. PLaying in a full party of folks you play with regularly is about the only way to avoid the horrible randoms that team kill, betray, etc.