Everyone complaining about map pass...

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

I found this on the official problem thread and he is absolutely right.

"Ok, so 22 pages of whining, complaining, and a few failed attempts at trying to remind people that this is only a game and that these things happen, have happened many times before, and will happen many times in the future.

Here’s the thing, though. I saw a lot of people bashing 343i and praising Bungie over numerous things. A lot of current 343i staff are FORMER Bungie employees. So you are at the same time bashing and praising the same people.

There were complaints about the file browser and file sharing. Maybe I’m wrong, but as I know it Bungie didn’t even HAVE either of those until Halo 3, and did not truly “perfect” said features right off the bat. I don’t recall whether Halo Wars came before or after 3, but regardless Bungie still had 2 games in the series under their belts already. Halo 4 is 343i’s FIRST game on their own, and unless Bungie gift-wrapped their entire sourcecode for all Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and all of BUngie.net, that means 343i has had to figure out the file sharing/file browser stuff on their own. And we all know damn well that if they only copied Bungie, none of you would be happy with that. You want something new, improved, innovative, but you all seem to lack the patience to let that actually happen. You want what you want and you want it ten minutes ago. Well tough luck, that’s not how this works. That’s not how ANYTHING works.

To those griping about how they spent “extra” on the map pass to “support” 343i: you are spending LESS than if you bought the regular game and bought the map packs individually, so you are essentially taking money AWAY from them. You are saving money in the end, and those who are buying hte map packs as they come out are technically giving greater support to 343i, so it’s not that big of a deal that they get something first for a change.

To those who can’t understand that glitches, set-backs, missed deadlines, etc. are a common and understandable aspect of the industry: where the heck have you been the last 30 years? I’d explain further, but if you haven’t figured it out by now, you aren’t about to put it together any time soon.

To those complaining about their specialization codes not working, or not getting their e-mails: I honestly don’t know what to tell you. I bough the standard edition, played it online, and got the spec codes around 10 p.m. (EST) the night BEFORE they were supposed to come out. Maybe there’s an issue with your email provider, maybe you checked the wrong address. I don’t know. But all you have to do is make them aware of the issue. Yelling and screaming about it won’t change things.

To the miscellaneous complainers: 343i is putting out DLC content barely a month after the game’s initial release, which is much sooner than ANY of Bungie’s Halo games. They’ve already set deadlines for the next 2 map pack releases in February and April, only 2 months apart, which really is NOT a long time to wait. They are GIVING you free, fresh, weekly episodic content, something that Bungie has NEVER given you, or even tried to do. They’ve given you a deeper level of personal customization than ANY Halo title has before. They’ve listened to your gripes about Forge and given you better tools than Bungie ever delivered. They are stretching themselves thin, bending over backwards and jumping through countless hoops to try to give you the best Halo game possible ON THEIR FIRST TRY. I know I’ll probably set off at least a half dozen monitors and “anti-flaming” police with this, but:

SHOW SOME DAMN APPRECIATION YOU SELFISH, SPOILED, WHINEY, IMMATURE, IMPATIENT INGRATES! If YOU don’t like the way they are doing things, then YOU can get off your over-privileged -Yoinks!- and make your OWN damn games. Let’s see if YOU do any better. I highly doubt it."

Quoted For Truth.

So…you create a thread just to share what somebody else said on another thread? And on top of that, the only thing you have to add is ‘Quoted for truth’??

Do people have no sense on this forum? Curb your narcissism; you aren’t so special that you get your own thread to reply to someone from a completely different thread.