EVERY SINGLE MAP ARENA MAP LOOKS THE SAME PATHETIC

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Anyone notice how 343 has some -Yoink!- desire to make every single map with a facility/base them? You got a facility underwater, a destroyed facility with sand all over it and a facility with grass growing into it. What the hell is 343’s problem? What is even more pathetic is they are sticking with this them with added maps.
GET SOME MORE DAMN MAP VARIETY, I AM SICK OF PLAYING IN SOME FACILITY STYLE/THEMED MAP EVERY SINGLE ARENA MATCH

.

That’s because the majority are remixes/reskins of other maps.

What are you looking for in map design?

There’s no point in complaining if you’re not going to offer solutions.

> 2533274809541057;3:
> What are you looking for in map design?

Original maps. Different maps. Maps that are random spots you would find on say…a halo ring?

> 2560081931056311;4:
> > 2533274809541057;3:
> > What are you looking for in map design?
>
>
> Original maps. Different maps. Maps that are random spots you would find on say…a halo ring?

Still very vague…

Careful with your word choices… But I agree, every map is the same. Even the Campaign, out of all the things in this game follows the UNSC/ human industrial/ future polymer look. There’s no variety and everything gets soo monotonous to look at. It’s bland and boring. It also doesn’t help when all the maps are reskins or remixes of each other… Even Warzone and Forge ends up falling down the same path.

To be honest, this is probably due to 343 not having another company to outsource maps to. Instead they have to rely on themselves to build everything in-house. And the easiest, laziest, cheapest method is to reuse assets over and over again. This being the UNSC pieces since they’re versatile. Bungie and 343i used to rely on Certain Affinity to make maps for them, but I don’t know why they couldn’t get them. They’re basically the sister company to both 343 and Bungie… Unless they’re working on something Destiny related or have their own projects…

Hell. I wish they’d hire me. I’ll create and texture all the maps for them for free, just let the tech guys do their magic. But what’s sad, is that they’ve probably been done with all the post content. Just tweaking them and killing any bugs in the system whilst holding the content back, that actually IS what they’re doing. But others will argue otherwise even though I know how game development works.

Hopefully better more diverse maps release. Soon. I’m tired of getting tired of the tiresome maps. This game literally puts me to sleep sometimes. Which is a shame… I’m also tired of getting tired of the same maps until Truth comes up perking me back up, it’s hard to just slave out on this game for 8 hour sessions with your friends if you burn yourself out on it with same looking maps…

> 2560081931056311;4:
> > 2533274809541057;3:
> > What are you looking for in map design?
>
>
> Original maps. Different maps. Maps that are random spots you would find on say…a halo ring?

Oh, so the same -Yoink- we played in Halo 1-4?

Just sayin’ man, I don’t think any other Halo games had a map underwater or in a crashed Covenant ship.

What he’s talking about is when people say “we want new maps.” They want maps like ascension, lockout, pit, turf, construct, etc. all completely different in design, all built from scratch.

They don’t want the “take the map fathom, and move stuff around and call it riptide.” That’s called forging, which honestly would take 5-10 minutes, and if it takes longer, im sorry then you lack creativity.

Empire and some other map are literally the same type, they are forged maps of the same small design. (goes to show you how much I don’t play arena because the maps are literally identical and not really enjoyable lol ,imo).

I agree, the map selection/rotation/variety is the worst of any Halo game by a long shot. And I thought Reach was bad with the re-used campaign areas and Forge maps, but omg this is on a whole new level.

I agree, pathetic is an appropriate word.

> 2533274809541057;5:
> > 2560081931056311;4:
> > > 2533274809541057;3:
> > > What are you looking for in map design?
> >
> >
> > Original maps. Different maps. Maps that are random spots you would find on say…a halo ring?
>
>
> Still very vague…

Well, how about a Forerunner arena, a la Warlord or Sanctuary? Or a map based on Ascension, with some notable changes to make it play different from the origin map? Or a BTB map based on Boarding action, where teams have to jump from a UNSC ship to a Covenant ship, or even a Forerunner ship?

> 2533275013144329;6:
> Careful with your word choices… But I agree, every map is the same. Even the Campaign, out of all the things in this game follows the UNSC/ human industrial/ future polymer look. There’s no variety and everything gets soo monotonous to look at. It’s bland and boring. It also doesn’t help when all the maps are reskins or remixes of each other… Even Warzone and Forge ends up falling down the same path.
>
> To be honest, this is probably due to 343 not having another company to outsource maps to. Instead they have to rely on themselves to build everything in-house. And the easiest, laziest, cheapest method is to reuse assets over and over again. This being the UNSC pieces since they’re versatile. Bungie and 343i used to rely on Certain Affinity to make maps for them, but I don’t know why they couldn’t get them. They’re basically the sister company to both 343 and Bungie… Unless they’re working on something Destiny related or have their own projects…

Well, I believe that Certain Affinity is working on some DOOM multiplayer maps, so I don’t think they were available to work on H5 maps.

Go the whole hog and remix Boarding Party!

> 2533274808210415;7:
> > 2560081931056311;4:
> > > 2533274809541057;3:
> > > What are you looking for in map design?
> >
> >
> > Original maps. Different maps. Maps that are random spots you would find on say…a halo ring?
>
>
> Oh, so the same -Yoink- we played in Halo 1-4?
>
> Just sayin’ man, I don’t think any other Halo games had a map underwater or in a crashed Covenant ship.

You really care about where the map is located… but don’t care how the map plays?

It scares me that people care about how “artsy” a map is, rather than have a map that’s plain and simple and has amazing gameplay. There’s a reason why h1-h3 maps were fun to play, even though the maps were basic af.

> 2533274808210415;7:
> > 2560081931056311;4:
> > > 2533274809541057;3:
> > > What are you looking for in map design?
> >
> >
> > Original maps. Different maps. Maps that are random spots you would find on say…a halo ring?
>
>
> Oh, so the same -Yoink- we played in Halo 1-4?
>
> Just sayin’ man, I don’t think any other Halo games had a map underwater or in a crashed Covenant ship.

Those two maps are great and are set in a unique setting. Yes. It still doesn’t help when Fathom is still UNSC themed with industrial and space polymer accents. It doesn’t help when 21 of the 24 maps are UNSC themed, while also having more than half being Forged, remixed or Breakout maps…

> 2533274808210415;7:
> > 2560081931056311;4:
> > > 2533274809541057;3:
> > > What are you looking for in map design?
> >
> >
> > Original maps. Different maps. Maps that are random spots you would find on say…a halo ring?
>
>
> Oh, so the same -Yoink- we played in Halo 1-4?
>
> Just sayin’ man, I don’t think any other Halo games had a map underwater or in a crashed Covenant ship.

Or on a mining rig the size of a city block in the middle of a desert on Meridian.

> 2535451563140277;13:
> > 2533274808210415;7:
> > > 2560081931056311;4:
> > > > 2533274809541057;3:
> > > > What are you looking for in map design?
> > >
> > >
> > > Original maps. Different maps. Maps that are random spots you would find on say…a halo ring?
> >
> >
> > Oh, so the same -Yoink- we played in Halo 1-4?
> >
> > Just sayin’ man, I don’t think any other Halo games had a map underwater or in a crashed Covenant ship.
>
>
> You really care about where the map is located… but don’t care how the map plays?
>
> It scares me that people care about how “artsy” a map is, rather than have a map that’s plain and simple and has amazing gameplay. There’s a reason why h1-h3 maps were fun to play, even though the maps were basic af.

…what? I think Halo 5’s maps play great. I like Halo 5’s maps. I sure wouldn’t mind some maps that play well with simple textures and whatnot (Breakout), but I think Halo 5’s maps both play well and look fine.

> 2533274915643658;11:
> > 2533275013144329;6:
> > Careful with your word choices… But I agree, every map is the same. Even the Campaign, out of all the things in this game follows the UNSC/ human industrial/ future polymer look. There’s no variety and everything gets soo monotonous to look at. It’s bland and boring. It also doesn’t help when all the maps are reskins or remixes of each other… Even Warzone and Forge ends up falling down the same path.
> >
> > To be honest, this is probably due to 343 not having another company to outsource maps to. Instead they have to rely on themselves to build everything in-house. And the easiest, laziest, cheapest method is to reuse assets over and over again. This being the UNSC pieces since they’re versatile. Bungie and 343i used to rely on Certain Affinity to make maps for them, but I don’t know why they couldn’t get them. They’re basically the sister company to both 343 and Bungie… Unless they’re working on something Destiny related or have their own projects…
>
>
> Well, I believe that Certain Affinity is working on some DOOM multiplayer maps, so I don’t think they were available to work on H5 maps.

Really? Well, no wonder the maps looks spectacular. I’ve been remaking heatwave from the beta in Forge. But the beta/alpha was amazing and I’ve been waiting on this game FOREVER. Preordered the collectors edition. But I’ll be moving to that game when it comes out, so no one will see me on H5 for awhile. And DOOMS snap map feature is great and easy so it’s odd to have CA working on maps, unless they developed Snapmap as well. But if they did they gimped on H4s Forge a bit. But what I find funny is that DOOM borrows heavily on Halo 4/5’s industrial aesthetic. But it’s not something to complain about as that’s what DOOM is… So it’s dissapointing to see a lack of variety on Halo 5.

As long as the maps are well designed and fun to play, what difference do the aesthetics make?

The problem with the maps is not that they are remixes or that they are UNSC based, the problem is, that 343 choose to use one type of architecture for almost every map, changing the background/lighting doesn’t change the fact that the most important part, the areas you walk/jump/fight in all use the same types of walls/floors/etc!
343 could stadt using Sunion/Sanghelios/Genesis or more covenant assets for their MP maps, they look great and offer a wide variety of diffrent architectures!
IF 343 doesn’t like the idea of non-humans anymore, they should at least start using different types of architecture/materials, how about some old-school, run-down areas built out of bricks (have a look at H3’s Ghost town or Rat’s nest) or some concrete buildings
whatever they do, they need to stop using white walls with pipes and some colors smashed ontop of them

343 needs a full map re-release, they should remake all of Halo Reach maps and put all remakes in 1 Remake Arenas playlist and add 10 more original designed maps for Arena along with at least 10 BTB maps. The maps are so similar it is pathetic, every map takes place in some type of facility except for Street and maybe a couple others but I know there are 4 or more original maps (not counting forge) that take place in some type of facility/industrial theme.