(Every) feature should be available for [Everyone] in Halo 4.

What I mean by this, is when 343 reveals a new perk like the “Analyze” feature in Halo CEA ,it should be available for those who don’t have Kinects as well. I would really hate it if 343 made it so you had to get a Kinect to access certain features. The only time when that kind of thing is understandable, is when a new console is being released in a few years along with the next game. This way people have more time to plan and save money towards it.

And I haven’t created this thread because I don’t have a Kinect, I have done this because I think everyone should be able to access the same things and have the same advantages as well as disadvantages. I would hate to have some of my friends to miss out on some important info or features because they don’t have a Kinect.

What do you think?

It would be a nice treat.

343 said a million times IT WAS A LAST MINUTE ADDITION TO CEA! Thats why it was just a little bonus for kinect users -.- im so tired of people trying to use that against 343 and make them out to be jerks.

> 343 said a million times IT WAS A LAST MINUTE ADDITION TO CEA! Thats why it was just a little bonus for kinect users -.- im so tired of people trying to use that against 343 and make them out to be jerks.

When the hell was I hinting at that?? I was saying that I hope something like that does not happen, you make assumptions. And for your information, I have been behind 343 from day one so back up.

> > 343 said a million times IT WAS A LAST MINUTE ADDITION TO CEA! Thats why it was just a little bonus for kinect users -.- im so tired of people trying to use that against 343 and make them out to be jerks.
>
> When the hell was I hinting at that?? I was saying that I hope something like that does not happen, you make assumptions. And for your information, I have been behind 343 from day one so back up.

im not talking about you im just saying the “dumb fans” in general. I wasnt pointing the anger at you i was just saying im tired of the people that DO do things like bash 343 =P english isnt my first language so sometimes phrasing is off slightly xD

> > > 343 said a million times IT WAS A LAST MINUTE ADDITION TO CEA! Thats why it was just a little bonus for kinect users -.- im so tired of people trying to use that against 343 and make them out to be jerks.
> >
> > When the hell was I hinting at that?? I was saying that I hope something like that does not happen, you make assumptions. And for your information, I have been behind 343 from day one so back up.
>
> im not talking about you im just saying the “dumb fans” in general. I wasnt pointing the anger at you i was just saying im tired of the people that DO do things like bash 343 =P english isnt my first language so sometimes phrasing is off slightly xD

Okay I’m sorry, just a misunderstanding on both of our behalf’s.

> when 343 reveals a new perk like the “Analyze” feature in Halo CEA

ok…

> it should be available for those who don’t have Kinects as well.
>
> > > I would really hate it if 343 made it so you had to get a Kinect to access certain features.
> >
> > Given your defensiveness down below, I felt the need to let you know why tsumiya posted the way she did and why you should choose your words a little more carefully. Just some advice.
> >
> >
> >
> > > And I haven’t created this thread because I don’t have a Kinect, I have done this because I think everyone should be able to access the same things.
> >
> > Ultimately, I disagree, if you pay for a service and your the sole user of that service, it should be up to game creators to modify existing gaming code to appease people. If you like it, go get a Kinect. This was not 343’s choice, but Microsoft’s. Beyond that, I’m sure you already knew that and were merely hinting at it… lastly, I think the analyze option is a good thing, but only Kinect users should have access to it.

> Ultimately, I disagree, if you pay for a service and your the sole user of that service, it should be up to game creators to modify existing gaming code to appease people. If you like it, go get a Kinect. This was not 343’s choice, but Microsoft’s. Beyond that, I’m sure you already knew that and were merely hinting at it… lastly, I think the analyze option is a good thing, but only Kinect users should have access to it.

Agreed, if those people who don’t own a Kinect are angry or frustrated they didn’t get to enjoy a feature, that isn’t anyone’s fault but their own. Go purchase a Kinect, the Kinect was out for over a year before Halo CEA was released, and I’m enjoying the Kinect features in Mass Effect 3 and wouldn’t mind seeing something like that in future Halo titles, nothing big that would change the game, but is just a nice little advantage for owning certain hardware.

Yes it may suck for those who don’t have Kinect, but think of it as Microsoft giving us a loyalty bonus. I bought Kinect and because I spent the money for it I should get some advantages out of it, such as the Analyse feature. Would you want Silver Membership users to get the same amount of stuff paying Gold Membership users get? Its the same aspect.

Pretty sure it’s up to Microsoft, as they need to market their new toy as much as possible. Having some feature to try to get people to buy Kinect in one Xbox’s largest game franchises is a smart move for them so I don’t doubt Halo 4 will have Kinect-only features.

> > Ultimately, I disagree, if you pay for a service and your the sole user of that service, it should be up to game creators to modify existing gaming code to appease people. If you like it, go get a Kinect. This was not 343’s choice, but Microsoft’s. Beyond that, I’m sure you already knew that and were merely hinting at it… lastly, I think the analyze option is a good thing, but only Kinect users should have access to it.
>
> Agreed, if those people who don’t own a Kinect are angry or frustrated they didn’t get to enjoy a feature, that isn’t anyone’s fault but their own. Go purchase a Kinect, the Kinect was out for over a year before Halo CEA was released, and I’m enjoying the Kinect features in Mass Effect 3 and wouldn’t mind seeing something like that in future Halo titles, nothing big that would change the game, but is just a nice little advantage for owning certain hardware.

If a feature is completely possible without Kinect, not making it usable without Kinect is, from the customers perpective, completely irrational. If Microsoft really wants the Kinect to ever get somewhere, they have to come up with something that can’t be done without Kinect or on Wii. Because this far, none of their Kinect features ahve really been innovating, they’re either features that were done for Kinect for the sake of having something for Kinect, or simple Wii copies.

I personally won’t get a Kinect until I see something actually worth of doing. This far however I have seen nothing that would have made me to want Kinect. And making Kinect-only features that can be done perfectly well for a regular controller won’t get me to buy Kinect, only despise Microsoft’s marketing strategy for Kinect more.

Therefore they better start doing decent Kinect features and making sure that every feature that can be done without Kinect, also comes for players without Kinect. Currently the future of their motion controller business doesn’t look very promising.

> > > Ultimately, I disagree, if you pay for a service and your the sole user of that service, it should be up to game creators to modify existing gaming code to appease people. If you like it, go get a Kinect. This was not 343’s choice, but Microsoft’s. Beyond that, I’m sure you already knew that and were merely hinting at it… lastly, I think the analyze option is a good thing, but only Kinect users should have access to it.
> >
> > Agreed, if those people who don’t own a Kinect are angry or frustrated they didn’t get to enjoy a feature, that isn’t anyone’s fault but their own. Go purchase a Kinect, the Kinect was out for over a year before Halo CEA was released, and I’m enjoying the Kinect features in Mass Effect 3 and wouldn’t mind seeing something like that in future Halo titles, nothing big that would change the game, but is just a nice little advantage for owning certain hardware.
>
> If a feature is completely possible without Kinect, not making it usable without Kinect is, from the customers perpective, completely irrational. If Microsoft really wants the Kinect to ever get somewhere, they have to come up with something that can’t be done without Kinect or on Wii. Because this far, none of their Kinect features ahve really been innovating, they’re either features that were done for Kinect for the sake of having something for Kinect, or simple Wii copies.
>
> I personally won’t get a Kinect until I see something actually worth of doing. This far however I have seen nothing that would have made me to want Kinect. And making Kinect-only features that can be done perfectly well for a regular controller won’t get me to buy Kinect, only despise Microsoft’s marketing strategy for Kinect more.
>
> Therefore they better start doing decent Kinect features and making sure that every feature that can be done without Kinect, also comes for players without Kinect. Currently the future of their motion controller business doesn’t look very promising.

Oh, I’m sorry I was unaware you were able to shout out commands to your AI teammates, telling them whether to get into cover or attack through your controller. While it’s motion tracking leaves something to be desired, I have yet to have a problem with the voice controls, and that’s what I was talking about just like in CEA, or Mass Effect 3 the ability to shout “Reload” or “Analyze” is fun, and something you can’t yell at your controller to do. As for their future with Kinect, I’m pretty sure it sold well, prompting a Kinect 2.0, and more than likely they’ll keep venturing with it into other things outside of gaming as they have already done, and shown a huge success.

> Yes it may suck for those who don’t have Kinect, but think of it as Microsoft giving us a loyalty bonus. I bought Kinect and because I spent the money for it I should get some advantages out of it, such as the Analyse feature. Would you want Silver Membership users to get the same amount of stuff paying Gold Membership users get? Its the same aspect.

Thats a good way to put it. I feel the same way. I payed the money for Kinect, so I want to be rewarded for it.

Why give everyone the feature? Microsoft is not going to give the kinect up, so might as well buy one there quiet fun.

Well I want to play GBA games on my GB Color but you don’t see me complaining.