Every 7 years; so what happens if?

Just finished watching Mona Lisa 7.
And a question came to mind…

What happens if Cortana is a new enemy in Halo 4?
I know its a ‘far out’ idea… but i just want to know the communities opinions/thoughts

Please this isn’t meant to be a fiction ‘slog fest’ Its just for fun

where do you find ML 7? I can’t find it anywhere

-EDIT- Found it
I needed to reload the site

She already passed rampancy so I don’t think that could happen. Besides:
Enemy AI in your head = Brain exploding = End of series

> She already passed rampancy so I don’t think that could happen. Besides:
> Enemy AI in your head = Brain exploding = End of series

Past it? She barely had time to go through melancholy. Halo Legends has me strongly believing she’s ever so ripe to feel angry.

And yes, I do believe Cortana has no choice. If she is to become “human,” she must transform. Unfortunately for the galaxy, that means she may leave a shard of herself with the Chief and the rest of her will go on to grow inside 1 MB core ship… and then another… and another. As she finds more dormant ships or builds them. As she gains controls of installations and controls Sentinels for her will and amasses an army to unleash her rage… oh yes hell hath no fury.

Halopedia isn’t the definitive source, though it is the best source if you need to know. It is still only speculation (unless you can give me a direct Bungie or 343i statement that says Cortana went through it all already) that Cortana went stable by Halo3.
As I have stated above, I believe she hasn’t had time to go stable as she hasn’t inhabited a large enough core long enough to go rampant. She flickered in CE because she was in a core large enough to at least ravage through anger. Halo’s core may be large enough for her to go angry, but she wasn’t in the core long enough, nor did the events transpire for her to go rampant occur when she was in the Halo core.
So Cortana shouldn’t have gone stable yet, only just begun rampancy (which was 3 years after her awakening.)

I think it is about time Cortana got killed, but then people would rage.

> I think it is about time Cortana got killed, but then people would rage.

People would rage because you would be taking away somthing thats been there for ages, alot of people are unsure about a halo 4 anyway, killing off a long time char in the first of the new trilogy wouldn’t be a good idea in my opinion.

> > I think it is about time Cortana got killed, but then people would rage.
>
> People would rage because you would be taking away somthing thats been there for ages, alot of people are unsure about a halo 4 anyway, killing off a long time char in the first of the new trilogy wouldn’t be a good idea in my opinion.

343 Guilty Spark and Sergeant Johnson were there for ages, and they both died at almost the same time in Halo 3.

Well, Cortana was created in November of 2549. Halo Origins takes place in 2556. That is about 7 years later which is the predicted life span of a smart AI. However it has been hinted that Cortana has become meta-stable possibly from some type of information involving forerunner data. (guess) During Halo 3, before we rescue her, she was being tortured by Gravemind and was waiting. That may have sent her slightly into rampancy during that time. Cortana also had to more a large amount of information she learned while she was in Instillation 04. However, she did visit Instillation 04-B which would be identical to 04 information wise. So, I would probably say that she is borderline rampant.

> > She already passed rampancy so I don’t think that could happen. Besides:
> > Enemy AI in your head = Brain exploding = End of series
>
> Past it? She barely had time to go through melancholy. Halo Legends has me strongly believing she’s ever so ripe to feel angry.
>
>
> And yes, I do believe Cortana has no choice. If she is to become “human,” she must transform. Unfortunately for the galaxy, that means she may leave a shard of herself with the Chief and the rest of her will go on to grow inside 1 MB core ship… and then another… and another. As she finds more dormant ships or builds them. As she gains controls of installations and controls Sentinels for her will and amasses an army to unleash her rage… oh yes hell hath no fury.
>
> Halopedia isn’t the definitive source, though it is the best source if you need to know. It is still only speculation (unless you can give me a direct Bungie or 343i statement that says Cortana went through it all already) that Cortana went stable by Halo3.
> As I have stated above, I believe she hasn’t had time to go stable as she hasn’t inhabited a large enough core long enough to go rampant. She flickered in CE because she was in a core large enough to at least ravage through anger. Halo’s core may be large enough for her to go angry, but she wasn’t in the core long enough, nor did the events transpire for her to go rampant occur when she was in the Halo core.
> So Cortana shouldn’t have gone stable yet, only just begun rampancy (which was 3 years after her awakening.)

Have you read the short story, Human Weakness in Halo Evolutions? Cortana goes through several stages of rampancy while being held captive by the Gravemind. From what I remember reading of Rampancy and its various stages it seemed to me like Cortana went through pretty much all of them, and she most definitely went through a period of anger while in the Gravemind’s clutches, it described her feeling hatred for Halsey and resentment of her. And how exactly would having enough space figure into Rampancy at all? I don’t understand what line of thought you’re exploring with that bit. It’s been five years, at least, in Halo’s time since Halo 3 ended, I think that’s enough time to enter Meta-Stability, personally I think Cortana entered the beginning of that state as soon as she was rescued from High Charity.

in the novel, the cole protocol, the insurectionist asteroid city was help together and monitored by a rampant AI, who rather than turning genocidal simply continued with what it was asked to do, rather than doing it in a purely logical manner with controlled emotional attachment/detachment for the task it did so in a fully emotional sense it didnt keep the city together because some sub-routine instruction told it to, it did it because it felt responsible for the humans in the city.

so applying the same possibility to cortana, in human weakness she determined to look after john, whatever it took, and considered that even after she was gone if he got a new AI that it would not care for him asmuch as she did, if anything having a rampant and completely free willed cortana in chiefs head would be like carrying a digital superweapon in your pocket.

so in my OPINION, cortana may or maybe not have gone into rampancy, and may or may not have entered a meta-stable state (the former being almost a guarantee, the later just being highly likely), regardless she is i belive going to be just as important a character as ever, and given the fact they are entering a shield world, there may even be the possibility that during the new trilogy she can undergo a form of maintainance for her core logic.