Ever get killed by the dude you put down...

in under five seconds?

You know what I mean - when the insta-respawn system (which 343i think everyone wants) “gets it wrong” and spawns them in your immediate vicinity as you retreat to regenerate vital shields?

Lovely isn’t it. Yeah, wonderful addition you brought to our Halo there, 343i. Cheers.

Dude I love this feature, makes the game more challenging especially when your team is already down by 300 points and your trying to at least make it a close loss. This right here is why I started to play BLOPS 2, Halo has a huge edge over CoD though, you cant get spawncamped in Halo like you do in CoD, its rediculous. Anyways yea I hate the insta-respawn system, annoying as hell.

Yup that’s happened to me, but I’ve also killed him twice in a row for a quick, cheap double kill.

What’s really annoying is in Swat getting killed 3 or 4 spawns in a row (where you don’t even have a chance to look around). That, in my opinion, is worse that the op’s scenario.

> Dude I love this feature, makes the game more challenging especially when your team is already down by 300 points and your trying to at least make it a close loss. This right here is why I started to play BLOPS 2, Halo has a huge edge over CoD though, you cant get spawncamped in Halo like you do in CoD, its rediculous. Anyways yea I hate the insta-respawn system, annoying as hell.

Ugh

I do miss vanilla slayer.

CTF (and a couple of other playlists) have no instant respawn. Just thought I’d point that out.

However, instant respawn is annoying, not just when I guy I killed respawns nearby me but also for when you die you have no break to calm down (eat a bite or take a sip of your drink).

> CTF (and a couple of other playlists) have no instant respawn. Just thought I’d point that out.
>
> However, instant respawn is annoying, not just when I guy I killed respawns nearby me but also for when you die you have no break to calm down (eat a bite or take a sip of your drink).

You don’t HAVE to mash x to respawn instantly…although every time I try and take a quick break, I always forget that I wanted to - haha

> > CTF (and a couple of other playlists) have no instant respawn. Just thought I’d point that out.
> >
> > However, instant respawn is annoying, not just when I guy I killed respawns nearby me but also for when you die you have no break to calm down (eat a bite or take a sip of your drink).
>
> You don’t HAVE to mash x to respawn instantly…although every time I try and take a quick break, I always forget that I wanted to - haha

Same.

It was thrown in to make faster game play that players have been asking for. It can be good and bad for you

Instant respawn does not work in games with energy shield. I knew this before I even played the game. It was added to be like COD. Obviously whomever decided to add it doesn’t understand Halo and was just looking for a quick paycheck.

go play reach.

i was the guy in that situation, but who got killed, i died and respawned rigth next to the dude, so i finished him

Actually on my file share under “Robbed again. Please fix your game 343i.”

Kill a guy by beach/caves ramp on Abandoned (he had snipe), he spawns on beach not 20 feet away from me, turns to his right and puts a burst in my dome.

gg 343, gg

The latest cool thing I’ve discovered is how your defeated opponent gets a second chance for his team - even if he doesn’t respawn near you for the aforementioned insta-revenge. Because yes; if he doesn’t get the opportunity to finish you off, his spawning team mate will!

I’m seeing a pattern developing the more I play whereby opponent’s “reinforcements” spawn right next to them as they flee around corners, one last bullet away from death.

Yes, you actually chase after them to secure the kill only to see the enemy team mate appear right before your very eyes - with a full compliment of health, shields and clip.

It makes following a soon to be defeated player around a corner a perilous prospect, and just a bit silly. The joys of instant respawn in full bloom.

Fantastic game, this.