Event challenges not showing up in challenges tab

So im playing the game rn trying to get the winter event cosmetics and I can’t help but notice that there are no event challenges in the event tab. There aren’t even any in the upcoming challenges tab either so I’m really confused as to how I’m supposed to get xp for the event and is this a bug or is this intended?

2 Likes

I was confused by this too. It looks like this event works more like an advent calendar in the sense that there will be a particular playlist connected to the event (ie. Quick Play), and for the next 10 days, if you log on and complete a game in that particular playlist, you will receive one of the event items.

For example, I finished a quick play match today and unlocked the first item, but then I wasn’t able to unlock any more. Tomorrow when I log on and play a match, I will get the second item, and so on until January 4.

6 Likes

I thought it can be any game, but thanks for explaining.

Let’s hope we don’t have to try to play BTB.

2 Likes

that’s actually cringe like holy hell

3 Likes

You can knock them out with a simple bot bootcamp match a day. There are 13 days for 10 items. You can miss 3 days and still get the items. It’s pretty much a give away .

3 Likes

From news section:

The Winter Contingency celebrations begin December 21 and offer ten unique Holiday-themed rewards that will roll out one-per-day until December 30. All you have to do is jump into Halo Infinite’s free to play multiplayer and complete a match of Arena or Big Team Battle.

Rewards will be unlocked over time, meaning they will not all be available to grab on day one. Think of Winter Contingency like your in-game Halo advent calendar: you’ll unlock one reward each day, with the event running through the morning of January 4, 2022.

To be clear: While the daily rewards conclude on December 30, what this means is you’ll have several extra days to catch up on any items that you may have missed!

4 Likes

tbh they should have put that in the game news feed (they might’ve but I didn’t see it)

Haha yeah, I tried to play BTB last night and my game crashed. If you can play any game mode, all the better!

1 Like

I don’t play a ton of games with events in them. Why is this cringe? They’ve made it so you can miss a few days and still unlock everything. I’d much rather this than have to complete challenges in Fiesta like the Fractures event.

4 Likes

I have to say, all in all this event is a welcome change and the rewards aren’t that bad.

A little step in the right direction.

I just wish the server connection would be a bit more stable but 343 is aware of that and I wish them all a happy christmas and a well deserved break with their loved ones.

Hopefully they know, that the real work begins after the holidays if they want to keep this game played for the next decade.

1 Like

Good news! It is any game mode. I hoped right into Team Slayer, played the match, and got the first unlock. It is not isolated to quick play or any other mode that I can tell.

1 Like

Yeah I can confirm that too. Played BTB (and the connection was good) and got the first reward.

I have played yesterday and received it.

I play today multiple games and didn’t receive it. How come, if it’s supposed to get one each day?

2 Likes

ye ive got the same problem the first is unlocked but the next one hasn’t unlocked and ive completed my challenges

1 Like

Daily reset happens during the day I believe, you might not have reached the cutover to “day 2” yet I guess

1 Like

You probably have to wait until after 9 AM PST when the system resets.

They explained this multiple times already. There are no challenges. You simply play one game a day and unlock one reward a day.

1 Like

It is any game mode.

These work exactly the same as daily challenges. They reset every day a noon Eastern time.

Is it explained in the game, in the event window, where it should be?

1 Like