Even less auto aim moving forward?

Hello.
Just a thought. What if eventually auto aim was phased out of halo? I feel this would create an ultra skill cieling, and bring back the tremendous skill gaps we saw in previous halos.
We will never see the return of the True Ce Pistol (ce projectile mechanics) or the Halo 3 BR (projectile AND a large bullet spread) so no auto aim will bring back that large skill gap.
At first, everyone will complain. “Omgz cant aim! They ruined aiming!” but people will adapt. Just like how people adapted to less auto aim in H5.
Think about it. Most of us have fought a teammate, for whatever reason. The better player always wins. Bring this intensity to the core gameplay.
Thoughts?

> 2533274844311685;1:
> Hello.
> Just a thought. What if eventually auto aim was phased out of halo? I feel this would create an ultra skill cieling, and bring back the tremendous skill gaps we saw in previous halos.
> We will never see the return of the True Ce Pistol (ce projectile mechanics) or the Halo 3 BR (projectile AND a large bullet spread) so no auto aim will bring back that large skill gap.
> At first, everyone will complain. “Omgz cant aim! They ruined aiming!” but people will adapt. Just like how people adapted to less auto aim in H5.
> Think about it. Most of us have fought a teammate, for whatever reason. The better player always wins. Bring this intensity to the core gameplay.
> Thoughts?

A small degree of auto-aim (aim assist? There’s some kind of important difference between auto-aim and aim-assist that I know SOMEBODY will point out) is necessary in every console shooter. It’d be waaaaaaaay too hard for casuals if there were absolutely no auto-aim.

I hate when auto aim messes up my shot as a second enemy passes my screen

I think it would probably turn away alot of the community that’s left, a small amount of aim assist isn’t too big of a problem, most console shooters have it. I still suck at aiming anyway, so this would probably kill me.

If you could use a keyboard and mouse, sure. They have it for controller FPS, you need a bit of that auto aim for controller FPs.

Halo 6 on PC?

No auto aim sucks on console. Try to hit your team mates in Halo and see how rediculously hard it is.

It’s a console shooter. No point in alienating a significant portion of your player base looking to appeal to a very limited niche group of players.