Evaluating the Spartan abilities.

The Spartan abilities in Halo 5 are very controversial. Here I’m going to go in depth in every Spartan ability in Halo 5 and decide whether they should retain for Halo 6 and future instalments.

• Sprint. I felt that it’s only fair to start off with the most controversial Spartan ability in Halo 5. I am NOT a fan of sprint. It makes Halo feel like another game. It allows for players to simply run away than being shot at. It completely ruins the map design which is backed up by the fact that most of Reach’s, 4’s and 5’s maps are mostly forgettable and mediocre. Now whether you like are dislike sprint is completely up to you but I want to ask any sprint fans for their attention before you start hating and arguing in the comments. I don’t view sprint as an addition to the gameplay. It completely changes it. I don’t want you to acknowledge that sprint is bad. I want you to acknowledge that it’s different. Whether it’s a good change or bad change is up to you but it’s NOT HALO. I would rather sprint not return for Halo 6 but it has its fans but at the VERY LEAST can we at least get a classic playlist? And please don’t pull that fanboy excuse : “oh, well halo needs to evolve to stay trendy” or “take off your nostalgia goggles grandpa”. - ADS/Smart scope. I really hate ADS and I hate it A LOT more than sprint. The classic scope beats this in every single category. It drastically increases the automatic weapons ranges which allows for shooting AR’s across the maps especially in BTB. What confuses me the most is why ADS was added into Halo 5. Was it another attempt to appeal to players who play COD? Was it 343 trying to copy more things form COD? I want this gone for Halo 6 and future installments. - Clamber. This I actually like. It genuinely enhances the gameplay and makes the traditional halo gameplay feel fresh without completely changing it. It’s a feature that I have wanted in previous games. I feel that it makes the gameplay feel fresh. However one can argue that it encourages people to crouch jump less often than usual. I would like to see it stay for Halo 6 and beyond. - Thruster pack. Again like clamber I really feel that this truly enhances the core halo gameplay without completely changing/breaking it. It acts as a great counter attack mechanic and allows players to reach greater distances. It also can prevents double melees too. I would like to see it return for Halo 6 but I wouldn’t be upset if it’s scrapped. - Slide is a pretty useless feature. I hardly use it but it’s neither good or bad. I would not care less if it’s dropped for Halo 6. - Ground pound is okay. I like its premise however it’s a little bit OP. The idea of crashing onto the ground seems really cooI would like to see it nerfed but returning for Halo. 6 - Stablilize is pretty cool but I don’t really like that we have to zoom in when Stablilizing. I would like to see it return for Halo 6 but with the zoom in button as a seperate feature so that we can stabilise without zooming in automatically - Now we have Spartan charge. I’m not even going to dissect this monstrosity. If this returns for Halo 6 it needs to be seriously nerfed. I want to see this gone for Halo 6This is my opinion on the Spartan abilities. Please discuss you’re opinions on them without hating or arguing.

I am fine with everything but spartan charge. Also, slide can be REALLY useful if you use it right.

> 2533274924401014;2:
> I am fine with everything but spartan charge. Also, slide can be REALLY useful if you use it right.

Yes, I know how to use slide correctly but it’s a feature that nobody really uses most of the time. Other Spartan abilities like sprint and clamber are used way more often.

To this day i cant seem to wrap my head around why spartan charge needs to be nerfed.

I really dont get the hate for ADS. Ya its slightly distasteful but essentially does the same thing it did in every other halo game but allows you to see more of the screen. The scope of the AR and other autos is kind of lame but with descope it really is almost pointless. While I’m not a fan this is very low on my list of wishes for halo 6.

I hate clamber tho. Takes away the precision jumps and makes us all lazy jumpers. It also just breaks up the smooth gameplay to make room for a rather pointless animation. if there wasnt clamber the ledge would just be a tad shorter for a crouch jump… so really whats the point.

> 2549359074794261;5:
> I really dont get the hate for ADS. Ya its slightly distasteful but essentially does the same thing it did in every other halo game but allows you to see more of the screen. The scope of the AR and other autos is kind of lame but with descope it really is almost pointless. While I’m not a fan this is very low on my list of wishes for halo 6.
>
> I hate clamber tho. Takes away the precision jumps and makes us all lazy jumpers. It also just breaks up the smooth gameplay to make room for a rather pointless animation. if there wasnt clamber the ledge would just be a tad shorter for a crouch jump… so really whats the point.

Yeah I have this problem too as it slows down the gameplay way too much and makes crouch jumping unimportant

Stabilize is the only one I don’t like because the brief and sudden pause in midair throws me off more than it helps my aim.

Sword and slide can make you op I haven’t got an extermination medal yet but when I do it will be because of sword and slide.

I think spartan charge and ground pound are pretty cheap abilities that feel tacked on especially ground pound which is some thing you would expect in a video game that doesn’t focus on emersion and is very “game a fied” (not sure how to spell it)

Change in bullet spread with scoped in some times does ruin the whole halo vibe cause it some times turn it closer to being a twitch shooter and it all comes up to 1st touch. Laser targeting does help to catch up if they are using a basic one at combatting some one scoped.

Not really bothered by any of the new abilities. The only one’s I have a slight gripe with is spartan charge and the the smart scoping. I really dislike that you can zoom in using an AR. Just doesn’t feel right.

When Halo 6 comes out they should not only have classic playlists, but have the ability to turn off abilities. I know that would make things difficult in the campaign that require them to get through certain areas, but perhaps have a second route that allows one to get there without the abilities. I actually enjoy the abilities myself ( minus Spartan charge but I see it’s use for going through broken walls)
Maybe make that a skull to turn on to engage classic mode?

I think Spartan Charge needs to be removed, Ground Pound could use a reduction in horizontal aim radius (but a slight increase in radius and damage so its a more vertical tool of destruction), and thruster pack should have a ~7 second recharge instead of 4-5 seconds. I think the rest are fine as is, though I still dislike how Sprint has affect map design and has a critical weakness.

I think all the abilities should stay except for spartan charge

We should most certainly have a classic playlist in Halo 6 that omits sprint. The only way we can truly see how it impacts the game is to make it the only variable that’s altered.

Keep sliding in H6 for slide boosting alone, as it’s a great tool for getting across maps and chaining other abilities. Spartan charge is a horrid abomination that never needs to come back in future installments.

> 2533275000870778;1:
> The Spartan abilities in Halo 5 are very controversial. Here I’m going to go in depth in every Spartan ability in Halo 5 and decide whether they should retain for Halo 6 and future instalments.
> - Sprint. I felt that it’s only fair to start off with the most controversial Spartan ability in Halo 5. I am NOT a fan of sprint. It makes Halo feel like another game. It allows for players to simply run away than being shot at. It completely ruins the map design which is backed up by the fact that most of Reach’s, 4’s and 5’s maps are mostly forgettable and mediocre…

When I play an older Halo game, I now feel like I’m moving at a snails pace. I like sprint, we couldn’t have big maps like in Warzone, if the Spartans were as slow as they are in the previous games. Also, for a moment, let us pretend this is real life, why would a Spartan not be able to run? That would just be silly, and they’d probably have lost every battle and humans would be extinct.

> 2533274851211096;4:
> To this day i cant seem to wrap my head around why spartan charge needs to be nerfed.

People dislike that it auto-aims from a far distance. I’ve seen most users ask for it to be a thing, but want it to be more manual.

> 2533274829664406;15:
> > 2533275000870778;1:
> > The Spartan abilities in Halo 5 are very controversial. Here I’m going to go in depth in every Spartan ability in Halo 5 and decide whether they should retain for Halo 6 and future instalments.
> > - Sprint. I felt that it’s only fair to start off with the most controversial Spartan ability in Halo 5. I am NOT a fan of sprint. It makes Halo feel like another game. It allows for players to simply run away than being shot at. It completely ruins the map design which is backed up by the fact that most of Reach’s, 4’s and 5’s maps are mostly forgettable and mediocre…
>
> When I play an older Halo game, I now feel like I’m moving at a snails pace. I like sprint, we couldn’t have big maps like in Warzone, if the Spartans were as slow as they are in the previous games. Also, for a moment, let us pretend this is real life, why would a Spartan not be able to run? That would just be silly, and they’d probably have lost every battle and humans would be extinct.
>
>
> > 2533274851211096;4:
> > To this day i cant seem to wrap my head around why spartan charge needs to be nerfed.
>
> People dislike that it auto-aims from a far distance. I’ve seen most users ask for it to be a thing, but want it to be more manual.

Altough the absence in older halo games no sprint made getting across maps a pain remember that those maps had a plethora of vehicles, teleporters and man cannons so that getting across the map would be easier. Also excluding BTB maps most of the maps would be small and sprint would ruin the map design if it was in those halo games. But in particular Halo 3 is SOOOOO slow. If they are doing a Halo 3 anniversary could they please turn up the base player speed just a bit?

Lol at the sprint comments. Up the bms people, it’s naive to even think no sprint=slow

Id prefer they keep thrusters for h6 and that’s about it.

You can turn off stabilize in settings.

Sprint isn’t really used for running away, its used for the opposite. The main focus of sprint is to cover ground quicker and get into the fight faster. I’m not entirely sure why people dislike sprint so much. Personally, I think it makes gameplay faster and helps it accelerate better. It seriously isn’t used for combat purposes like some people think it is; it is essentially a means of transportation.

Sprint is my biggest issue. Clamber and ADS need to go as well.