Evade VS Sprint

I don’t quite get why as of late so many Spartan gametypes in the play lists have suddenlly gotten Evade shoe horned in. It worked out fine in the Beta when it was only the larger Elites that could use the ability (something they needed, being larger targets), but I’m not sure how appropriate it is for Spartan Gametypes. Especially when it’s in competition with Sprint.

Now theoretically I guess Sprint is supposed to be more about moving fast over a distance, rather than Evade which is more about short ranged evasive manuever…but is that really the case? I’ve sat down a couple times in custom games messing around with Evade VS Sprinting as far as speed goes, and I’ve been finding that you can cover long distance faster using Evade than sprint. Provided of course, that at the end of every Evade you jump so that you momentum carries you at higher speeds for an extra second or two.

So Evade is at least equal to (if not better) than Sprint in terms of getting the player around the map. And provides substantial advantages in getting out of dangerious situations.

Why are these two abilities in the same official gametypes again?

> I don’t quite get why as of late so many Spartan gametypes in the play lists have suddenlly gotten Evade shoe horned in. It worked out fine in the Beta when it was only the larger Elites that could use the ability (something they needed, being larger targets), but I’m not sure how appropriate it is for Spartan Gametypes. Especially when it’s in competition with Sprint.
>
>
> Now theoretically I guess Sprint is supposed to be more about moving fast over a distance, rather than Evade which is more about short ranged evasive manuever…but is that really the case? I’ve sat down a couple times in custom games messing around with Evade VS Sprinting as far as speed goes, and I’ve been finding that you can cover long distance faster using Evade than sprint. Provided of course, that at the end of every Evade you jump so that you momentum carries you at higher speeds for an extra second or two.
>
> So Evade is at least equal to (if not better) than Sprint in terms of getting the player around the map. And provides substantial advantages in getting out of dangerious situations.
>
>
> Why are these two abilities in the same official gametypes again?

They are actually different in their speed, duration, distance and hit boxes.

There was at one point a great video someone did breaking it all down.

I’ll do a search and post it if I can find it again.

All I have to say is “Yes, I love Evade because it gives me agility. Sprint gives me speed and sometimes range, but with Evade, I get agility.”

evade beats sprint hands down
so many things you can do with it
sprint is just running

Any clips of someone killed an evading guy during his barrel roll? Landing a no scope on a dude doing the elite jump would be cool. If it’s out there, I would be impressed.

Also, both Evade and Sprint + sword is a terror. Evade has an edge though because the “jump” forward is faster than the sprint. It’s a nightmare to go up against, especially if the player is good.

Ok. I’m not really seeing what people are talking about with greater range with Evade. Cause I just go off another custom game on Hemorrhage. Going from the tip of the red base and across the map to touching blue base. I did it once using Sprint and the other time using Evade. I found I touched the opposite base with more or less the same time using either Sprint or Evade. Meaning while the actual speed between a sprinter and an Evader differs, their average speed is about even.

So yeah. I’m not really seeing what advantage Sprint has over Evade. The later is more useful in actual fire fights and in terms of legging it long distance it gets you there about the same time.

I looked all around for the video, couldn’t find it.

But I know for a fact…

Sprint will get you further faster when you’re just talking about a straight line over time.

Obviously it’s close, or you wouldn’t have asked.

Then Evade has it’s other advantages too…

But at that point the subtle differences are what you base your preference on.

Sometimes I choose Sprint, other times… Evade, it just depends on my goal.

The reason both Sprint and Evade are in the same gametypes is because most of the other AAs are broken for it. At the moment, Objective gametypes are the only ones with Spartan Evade (I think), and AL, DS and Jetpack are broken for Objective, so Evade replaces them, although for some reason Hologram isn’t included (I would much rather face Holo than AC).

If it was me, I would just make Team Objective Sprint only, Objective just isn’t meant to be played with AAs.

> Sprint will get you further faster when you’re just talking about a straight line over time.

Marginally. I’ve tried going from one end of Blood Gulch (Red Base to Blue base) trying Sprint and Evade. I think Evade took 1-2 seconds longer. This seems like it’d be a relatively inconsequential difference in most games (where other factors determining travel time over the battlefield can make that 1-2 second lead inconsequential), and it still doesn’t counter the significant advantages someone with Evade has over Sprint in terms of survivability.

> The reason both Sprint and Evade are in the same gametypes is because most of the other AAs are broken for it. At the moment, Objective gametypes are the only ones with Spartan Evade (I think), and AL, DS and Jetpack are broken for Objective, so Evade replaces them, although for some reason Hologram isn’t included (I would much rather face Holo than AC).
>
> If it was me, I would just make Team Objective Sprint only, Objective just isn’t meant to be played with AAs.

Why do they need to be replaced? Couldn’t you just keep only the abilities besides Sprint suited for objective?

> > Sprint will get you further faster when you’re just talking about a straight line over time.
>
> Marginally. I’ve tried going from one end of Blood Gulch (Red Base to Blue base) trying Sprint and Evade. I think Evade took 1-2 seconds longer. This seems like it’d be a relatively inconsequential difference in most games (where other factors determining travel time over the battlefield can make that 1-2 second lead inconsequential), and it still doesn’t counter the significant advantages someone with Evade has over Sprint in terms of survivability.

As I’ve said:

> Obviously it’s close, or you wouldn’t have asked.
>
> Then Evade has it’s other advantages too…
>
> But at that point the subtle differences are what you base your preference on.
>
> Sometimes I choose Sprint, other times… Evade, it just depends on my goal.

Different Frogs, Different Times.