Evade Or Thrust?

I’m genuinely curious which ability you guys prefer.
Evade, in certain situations almost “trebuchet’ed” you if you activated it on a specific surface, and thrust is a short burst of movement that could stop you in your tracks if you were moving too fast.

Gonna be honest, Evade was lots of fun for assassination tricks in Halo 4, not to mention how hectic it made the Infected modes. Thrust was cool, but you know, it made H5 way too fast for my liking.

> 2535472923259036;2:
> Gonna be honest, Evade was lots of fun for assassination tricks in Halo 4, not to mention how hectic it made the Infected modes. Thrust was cool, but you know, it made H5 way too fast for my liking.

I definitely preferred Halo 4’s thrust. It was like evade in a way.

I prefer the thrust. The trust was a part of your armor as the evade was an armor ability, and I enjoyed how it enhanced the game’s mechanics.

Thrust. (H4/H5)
I find it more quicker than evading for some reason. I think is because the animation, one feels like a quick step back and that’s it, U start shooting again; the other one makes you roll on the floor, then you get up, and you’re ready again, feeling slower. (talking about Reach Evade, H4 “evade” is just “beta H5-thrust”)
But at the end of the day, they’re the same ability just with diferent animation.

> 2533274796308641;4:
> I prefer the thrust. The trust was a part of your armor as the evade was an armor ability, and I enjoyed how it enhanced the game’s mechanics.

I was referring more to Halo 4’s thrust which was an armor ability as well, it was less op compared to Halo 5’s.

> 2535411943412341;5:
> Thrust. (H4/H5)
> I find it more quicker than evading for some reason. I think is because the animation, one feels like a quick step back and that’s it, U start shooting again; the other one makes you roll on the floor, then you get up, and you’re ready again, feeling slower. (talking about Reach Evade, H4 “evade” is just “beta H5-thrust”)
> But at the end of the day, they’re the same ability just with diferent animation.

That’s a good point. Evade DID make you kinda feel slower lol. When I used it in reach it felt unsatisfying and satisfying at the same time. It’s complicated haha.

Definitely H5 thrust. Really don’t like it when something pulls you to third person view and you have less control of your positioning (except ofc vehicles and assassinations)
The H4 evade was great fun in infection though.

I absolutely love the movement in Halo 5. How the game exists now I’d say it is the most fun competitive game in the series. It also feels like the least fun for me from a casual standpoint.

Having reduced mobility and taking it back to Halo 3 style I think is a good approach to appease both camps. The competitive still has strong potential (still enjoy playing and watching H3) but the casual/BTB modes should be more enjoyable for the average player as a result.

I wouldn’t mind a game mode that feels more like Halo 5. Tbh I’ve said this here before realistically if we could tinker the game to recreate every Halo settings/maps in this game then it would be like the ultimate remastered version of all of Halo MP if you could have the weapons feel like Halo 5 but play on the new Infinite maps/forge stuff would be a dream.

Yep loved thrusters. Keen to see how they operate as equipment in Infinite.

Wouldn’t have minded them staying as a core ability - even if limited to lateral movement only (which I guess is more like evade).