Evade/Juke over thruster pack. Please consider!

343, if there is a natural way to increase mobility in Halo, it’s this. Please consider! Spartans are not normal soldiers; this can be done without visible -Yoink!- or thrusters.

Why is this any more lore-friendly than thrusters ?

Thruster better enhances movement options than evade because you can do it in the air. I also don’t get how evade is more lore friendly, when it’s already been established that spartan has thruster built into the armor.

Spartans can already do this: Its called Strafing.

> 2533274826317859;2:
> Why is this any more lore-friendly than thrusters ?

Fixed

> 2533274929479318;3:
> Thruster better enhances movement options than evade because you can do it in the air.

Air movement. Not necessarily a good thing.

Did you ever consider that as too much mobility? No more Wraith splatters, and VERY easy hijacking. Once vehicle maps pop up, drivers will be singing the blues. That mobility will be everything Halo needs to spice things up, as well as everything needed to seriously cripple BTB.

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274929479318;3:
> > Thruster better enhances movement options than evade because you can do it in the air.
>
>
>
> Air movement. Not necessarily a good thing.
>
> Did you ever consider that as too much mobility? No more Wraith splatters, and VERY easy hijacking. Once vehicle maps pop up, drivers will be singing the blues. That mobility will be everything Halo needs to spice things up, as well as everything needed to seriously cripple BTB.

This. It’s maddening that players cannot understand how thrusters can absolutely ruin balance, especially vehicle-wise (on top of making weapons that were made to counter chasing - eg; sword, shotgun - into tools for chasing, and prevents players from being able to chase and shoot their opponents because their opponents can sprint - while the player can only sprint or shoot).

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274929479318;3:
> > Thruster better enhances movement options than evade because you can do it in the air.
>
>
> Air movement. Not necessarily a good thing.
>
> Did you ever consider that as too much mobility? No more Wraith splatters, and VERY easy hijacking. Once vehicle maps pop up, drivers will be singing the blues. That mobility will be everything Halo needs to spice things up, as well as everything needed to seriously cripple BTB.

Then you might as well can jumping as well. Thrustering in the air is a definite plus, and you be even better if we were allowed to shoot while doing it. Evade shrinks your hitbox and flings you a ridiculous distance. I don’t want it back.

> 2533274881015020;7:
> This. It’s maddening that players cannot understand how thrusters can absolutely ruin balance, especially vehicle-wise (on top of making weapons that were made to counter chasing - eg; sword, shotgun - into tools for chasing, and prevents players from being able to chase and shoot their opponents because their opponents can sprint - while the player can only sprint or shoot).

Thank you hehe. Well, I didn’t want to say it was unbalanced YET, but the powerful yet balanced nature of Spartan Abilities can become overpowered, if you are not an on-foot SPARTAN; which applies to drivers and passengers.

I won’t assume every BTB map is Blood Gulch either, some BTB maps have walls and corridors, that can easily be taken advantage of by thrusting players attempting to hijack or grenade stick any vehicles that come through, and we still don’t have the details/secondary affects of Ground Pound on record. For all we know, it could EMP vehicles…

> 2533274929479318;8:
> Then you might as well can jumping as well. Thrustering in the air is a definite plus, and you be even better if we were allowed to shoot while doing it. Evade shrinks your hitbox and flings you a ridiculous distance. I don’t want it back.

How fortunate then, that I did not use the actual armor ability as an example. It’s only a juke/sidestep maneuver I’m referring to my friend. I will change the thread title.

> 2533274881015020;7:
> > 2535460843083983;6:
> > > 2533274929479318;3:
> > > Thruster better enhances movement options than evade because you can do it in the air.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Air movement. Not necessarily a good thing.
> >
> > Did you ever consider that as too much mobility? No more Wraith splatters, and VERY easy hijacking. Once vehicle maps pop up, drivers will be singing the blues. That mobility will be everything Halo needs to spice things up, as well as everything needed to seriously cripple BTB.
>
>
> This. It’s maddening that players cannot understand how thrusters can absolutely ruin balance, especially vehicle-wise (on top of making weapons that were made to counter chasing - eg; sword, shotgun - into tools for chasing, and prevents players from being able to chase and shoot their opponents because their opponents can sprint - while the player can only sprint or shoot).

This as well. I suggest they add vehicle defense systems to at least knock back and injure players who use these abilities too close to enemy vehicles.

So no one will be able to cheap shot my tank with ground pound, the thing can hit people like superman by travelling distance and going at angles. If vehicles don’t have a counter for abilities, they will be sitting ducks, especially slow vehicles like the scorpion.