Euh, about Ground pound & his little friends...

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

… Ground pound if for immature children’s who likes to think that a Spartan can be like their favorite Power Rangers.

“Look mommy, I’m a super hero, I can float in the air and smack my opponents like I’m a living meteorite, It’s awesome mom!!!”

No, it’s not awesome.

Remove that stupid, stupid, ridiculously stupid idea from this game, this game that has the potential of being really good.

The Spartan base movement is just perfect in Halo 5, remove sprint, ground pound & thruster pack & you have a great, mature & long lasting Halo.

Just like all the mature, long lasting Halo"s (1-2 & 3), that brilliantly used the basic principle of “less is more”.

Keep those gimmicks and it’ll be just another forgettable, “flavor of the month”, modern shooter that tries to “wow” you by putting more annoying, flashy gimmicks.

Less is more.

Don’t try to force fun into my mouth.

Fun will come naturally by intelligent design, quality controls, inspired maps & the skills of my opponents, not by stupid, childish, flashy gimmicks.

P.S : If 343 really want to keep those absurd gimmicks, they can keep them in the campaign, because “artificial intelligence” cannot get annoyed by stupid, childish, flashy gimmicks, and eventually return the game,

unlike mature humans…

(English is not my first language, please excuse any grammar mistakes)

> Just like all the mature, long lasting Halo"s (1-2 & 3), that brilliantly used the basic principle of “less is more”.

Since when was that a principle of Halo? Halo was really innovative when it first came out. If it had any principle, it was “more is more”.

As for GP, why are you so opposed to it? Children won’t even be able to use Ground Pound. It’s really difficult to use. For me, it’s kind of like an Airsassination or a Hail Mary. Hard to pull off and not a game-changer but will make you feel really satisfied. Youtube-quality stuff.

> 2535425310804235;2:
> > Just like all the mature, long lasting Halo"s (1-2 & 3), that brilliantly used the basic principle of “less is more”.
>
>
> Since when was that a principle of Halo? Halo was really innovative when it first came out. If it had any principle, it was “more is more”.
>
> As for GP, why are you so opposed to it? Children won’t even be able to use Ground Pound. It’s really difficult to use. For me, it’s kind of like an Airsassination or a Hail Mary. Hard to pull off and not a game-changer but will make you feel really satisfied. Youtube-quality stuff.

Look at the first 3 Halo’s matchmakings. Guns, grenades, shield.

When they decided to add a few gimmicks (in Halo 3), they made them as rare pickup items that only one player could use 1 time. That item would reappear in 2 or 3 minutes for the next player (or the same) to use it 1 time only.
That’s it.

Less is more.

That’s balanced, because the rest of the players are fighting normally, with what they have, that’s weapons & grenades.

That’s it.

In second thought, I wouldn’t mind ground pound, thruster and sprint in matchmaking if they were rare, 1 time only (spawning every 3 minutes), pickup items.

> 2533274816948573;3:
> In second thought, I wouldn’t mind ground pound, thruster and sprint in matchmaking if they were rare, 1 time only (spawning every 3 minutes), pickup items.

If anything that has the ability to make the game less balanced if only one person has it over another.
The fact that every Spartan has it and the ability to pretty much counter it with thrust makes for an even playing field therefore I think your argument about it being balanced by having it as a pickup is null.
Whether the mechanic is good or not is definitely debatable but i think it’s pretty fun and punishes you for putting yourself in vulnerable positions.

i like fun, and I like swet. A good bit of both is best , well that’s what the gf says…

> 2533274816948573;1:
> Just like all the mature, long lasting Halo"s (1-2 & 3), that brilliantly used the basic principle of “less is more”.
>
> Keep those gimmicks and it’ll be just another forgettable, “flavor of the month”, modern shooter that tries to “wow” you by putting more annoying, flashy gimmicks.

Halo CE for me at least was the successor to Perfect Dark and, before that, Goldeneye. Those games didn’t even have a jump button.

Halo brought in large maps with a lot of open space rather than the corridor crawling of past shooters. It introduced vehicles and entirely changed gameplay by putting melee and grenade on separate buttons where before you would have a knife and a grenade that you had to cycle through your weapons to find. Perhaps most importantly it used twin sticks rather than the hideous C Button strafing from before and hence made the game far more mobile.

That is not summed up by the statement ‘less is more’.

Modern shooters have progressed further and brought in a load of ideas that simply didn’t exist in the days of old Halo. Ground pound is a gimmick yes but it isn’t so powerful as to actually matter. Sprint and thrusters however are just mobility tools and in the case of sprint at least it is just frankly expected in a modern shooter.

Sounds like someone got the -Yoink- beat out of them by some one that over used the slam.

> 2533274816299345;6:
> Sounds like someone got the -Yoink- beat out of them by some one that over used the slam.

Nice try, I haven’t been killed once by ground pound. Not once.

But the moment it’ll happen, I know I’ll want to break my TV.

And guess what, when I get killed in a BR battle (see I’m dying again in this example), I don’t want to break my TV.

“But what’s the difference, you got killed anyway, in both of your examples??”

  • Good question, sir.

If I get killed by groung pound, I get killed by a Power Ranger ability that was put in the game to follow the modern FPS trend of —> “more gimmicks = better”, because gimmicks can impress kids looking at TV commercials, and if kids are impressed, they will annoy their parents to get their favorite, newest FPS containing, the newest Power Rangers gimmicks.

But, If I get killed by a BR, well, I was killed by someone shooting at me in a shooter game.

Got it?

I just don’t want Spartans acting like they’re Power Rangers, because as an adult, that’s not the way I want to see my favorite franchise go…

But hey, if you like Spartans having Power Ranges abilities, I envy you and it’s good for you, sir! :wink:

ok, so basically, you have been playing since H1? so have I. The difference? You expect this game to be identical to how it was 15 years ago? Dude, you’re calling them Power rangers for adding realistic abilities? things that we now know are possible and some are active in theoretical physics, and yet you can’t accept the place 343 is coming from? Do you even realize how far tech has come in the last 15 years bro? You sound like a pissed off original fan the doesnt want anything to change except the graphical depth. sorry, you miss the aim of all humanity, which is to evolve processes to the point they are near perfect. You can’t even just be happy that actual armor abilities are gone, and have been replaced with a balanced integral system instead of a broken one. Sorry. As a fellow original H1, pre-multiplayer popularity gamer, I whole heartedy disagree with where you are coming from. you are just incapable of accepting positive change.

Ground pound is for immature children? What are you blabbing about

also, if there is one peice of tech you dont believe can be created in the near future, then you dont understand technology or where it is headed. this is theoretical, but violates no laws of physics, or what we should be capable of. If you would like to site the tech of shielding, the earth has a very powerful, very definitive force field that protects us from electrons moving 200,000 miles per second, around the earth. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/01/earth-invisible-force-field_n_6245942.html so, earth can do it, so can we, yet you dont play call of duty do you? have no problem being impervious to bullets but thrusters is too far? and sprint? you have no concern for reality. only your perception of why halo should be inexplicably limited to h1 or h2 ability. what is your defense?

> 2533274816948573;1:
> … Ground pound if for immature children’s who likes to think that a Spartan can be like their favorite Power Rangers.
>
> “Look mommy, I’m a super hero, I can float in the air and smack my opponents like I’m a living meteorite, It’s awesome mom!!!”
>
> No, it’s not awesome.
>
> Remove that stupid, stupid, ridiculously stupid idea from this game, this game that has the potential of being really good.
>
> The Spartan base movement is just perfect in Halo 5, remove sprint, ground pound & thruster pack & you have a great, mature & long lasting Halo.
>
> Just like all the mature, long lasting Halo"s (1-2 & 3), that brilliantly used the basic principle of “less is more”.
>
> Keep those gimmicks and it’ll be just another forgettable, “flavor of the month”, modern shooter that tries to “wow” you by putting more annoying, flashy gimmicks.
>
> Less is more.
>
> Don’t try to force fun into my mouth.
>
> Fun will come naturally by intelligent design, quality controls, inspired maps & the skills of my opponents, not by stupid, childish, flashy gimmicks.
>
> P.S : If 343 really want to keep those absurd gimmicks, they can keep them in the campaign, because “artificial intelligence” cannot get annoyed by stupid, childish, flashy gimmicks, and eventually return the game,
>
> unlike mature humans…
>
> (English is not my first language, please excuse any grammar mistakes)

But sir, less is not more. Less =/= more. They are opposites.

Also i’m sorry, but it’s incredibly stupid to give feedback like “X is for (insert insult)”

People are allowed to have opinions, don’t try to insult them out of it.

Signed agreement

I was really skeptical about ground pound and shoulder charge but tbh it seems to get ppl killed more than anything. I’m old Skool, is prefer they weren’t in at all but either way is fine. If they OP either one of those moves then I’ll get pissed.

Yet another post buddy you have just made a forum that so many have posted before you and so many people comment on them 100+ pages. Anyways sprint stay ground pound can go, thrusters I don’t care if stay or go. And there are a lot of people that don’t mind those so if 343i keeps them it’s cause others wanted it and left it not for them but there was not a big group that came together saying they don’t want that.

I’d understand your hatred if it was cheap and game breaking, but if you haven’t even been killed with it…? Seems like a waste of energy.

I’ve been playing since Halo 1 and I don’t mind it at all. In fact, I have taken a sadistic satisfaction in landing killer ground pounds on people.

Maybe I’m a jerk. Whatever.

Played since CE and the new abilities are hardly ever used besides thruster, they all fit in and seem balanced. The only complaint is the recovery from shoulder charge.

Yep, immature. Just like this post. And also, why remove it? It’s hard to use. And why is it ‘mature’? XD That is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard from a “mature” person. Please, enlighten me on how ground pound is “immature”