EU Events You Would Like to See in a Game?

As the title poignantly states: I want to know which, if any, extended Halo universe events you guys would like to see made into a game. Keep in mind that events could be slightly altered for video-game storytelling purposes, but the main ideas would remain the same.

My top picks are (in order):

  1. Ghosts of Onyx
  2. Forerunner Trilogy
  3. Contact Harvest

Uh…all of them?

Ok, ok, I know that’ll never happen. I’d like to see the epic space battles made into an offical Halo RTS space simulator in the same vein as Homeworld, Freespace, Empire at War, and others. Of particular interest is Admiral Preston J. Cole, the battles he fought, his apparent death, and his possible return. Two other candidates would be Captain Jacob Keyes and Commander Miranda Keyes. As to ground troops…the battles fought by a certain Sergeant Johnson would be a great place to start.

> 2533274880692195;2:
> Uh…all of them?
> …
> Ok, ok, I know that’ll never happen. I’d like to see the epic space battles made into an offical Halo RTS space simulator in the same vein as Homeworld, Freespace, Empire at War, and others. Of particular interest is Admiral Preston J. Cole, the battles he fought, his apparent death, and his possible return. Two other candidates would be Captain Jacob Keyes and Commander Miranda Keyes. As to ground troops…the battles fought by a certain Sergeant Johnson would be a great place to start.

I like the way you think.

Well Astronut7 has the right Idea.

If I had to choose a single point in the Haloverse it’d be Ghost of Onyx.

The Fall of Reach.
Halo: Reach IMO was an abomination because we didn’t get to see the amazing space battle that actually happened.
Forerunner vs. Ancient Humanity War.
Because seeing Forerunner fleets duke it out with Ancient Humanity’s would make for a great picture show/showing off XBO’s graphics. Plus I want to be a Forerunner/AH.
Ghost of Onyx…
Because I want to travel around a Forerunner shield world and drive a Forerunner version of the Ghost (because we know there are Forerunner vehicles on the planet.

> 2533274922786629;5:
> The Fall of Reach.
> Halo: Reach IMO was an abomination because we didn’t get to see the amazing space battle that actually happened.
> Forerunner vs. Ancient Humanity War.
> Because seeing Forerunner fleets duke it out with Ancient Humanity’s would make for a great picture show/showing off XBO’s graphics. Plus I want to be a Forerunner/AH.
> Ghost of Onyx…
> Because I want to travel around a Forerunner shield world and drive a Forerunner version of the Ghost (because we know there are Forerunner vehicles on the planet.

Yeah, the Human-Forerunner War is way up on my list. I would love to play as a Warrior-Servant under the Didact’s command and just crap on Humans. Forerunner vehicles would be amazing.

None of them. I do not want anything retold in a different medium, TFOR and CE / The Flood was enough. I do not read the second retelling of events, and I would more then likely not play them either. I would not mind a different story that overlaps with previously told events, for example the Cole Protocol overlapping with a Halo 2 terminal. Still, I would rather get new stories then go through stories that I already know what happened in again.

> 2533274834210712;7:
> None of them. I do not want anything retold in a different medium, TFOR and CE / The Flood was enough. I do not read the second retelling of events, and I would more then likely not play them either. I would not mind a different story that overlaps with previously told events, for example the Cole Protocol overlapping with a Halo 2 terminal. Still, I would rather get new stories then go through stories that I already know what happened in again.

I can totally see your point, especially after Reach. But what do you think about games that would take place alongside EU stories, but not be directly adapted from them? For example, a Human-Forerunner War game that didn’t follow the characters and events from the Forerunner Trilogy, but rather some new characters (like regular soldiers) facing smaller-scale issues like specific battles and engagements that happened in the books.