Error Installing

I installed Halo Infinite through the xbox app, it worked but i went to play it again later, it didn’t work so i reset and repaired it, now it says i don’t even have it installed and i get an error message every time i try reinstalling it the same place.

1 Like

I asked for help on the microsoft website and i followed their instructions, which fixed it for me, here’s what did it for me.

Solution 3 - Re-register All Store apps (If get many Reds, you can just ignore it)
Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Restart your computer

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

this might work for someone else if they have the same problem as me or they can go to the microsoft support themselves.

Just wanted to add something to your thread. I had similar.
Fine in beta and playing yesterday on campaign.
Went to load this morning and no errors as such but simply the MS store opened up with no further directions.
Tried lots of things but I found a reddit post (different to your fix) but that fixed it for me.

ttps://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/qvjx12/opening_the_game_on_pc_directs_me_to_gaming/

Put an H at the front but the users comment there is…

“managed to fix it, basically click on the 3 dots next to the game and select manage installation, and then untick/tick high texture pack. and select chose what I want to install, and then select the modules you want to install (up to you if you want to keep the high textures). Then it should work. I believe what it does now is that it verifies the installation and then you are able to play.”

My addition to their comment is untick hi res, click update. Go back to the 3 dots and tick it back on again. Voila. Just in case anyone else has this issue. I would say it is more of a load issue randomly rather than the install itself.

EDIT my issue, assuming same for OP, was PC user but playing game via Xbox profile / game pass and not Steam.