error 26

I keep getting an error 26 while trying to launch the game on steam. Dose any one got any decent help for this issue?

I just bought this on steam and have the same error, 26, when trying to launch. Extremely disappointed to it and download a game, not have it work, and not find any trouble shooting for this error online.

Same here only yesterday it was error 29. I verified files and it worked but today it says 26. I’m gonna try verifying the files again and I’ll get back to you guys.

UPDATE: Validating game files did not work nor did reinstalling the entire game.

FURTHER UPDATE: I have booted successfully with EAC disabled. For some reason Error 26 has something to do with EAC and not Halo.

FINAL UPDATE: Turned my pc on today and opened the game just fine with EAC still on. Works just fine, no clue what fixed the problem though.

> 2533274964882710;3:
> Same here only yesterday it was error 29. I verified files and it worked but today it says 26. I’m gonna try verifying the files again and I’ll get back to you guys.
>
> UPDATE: Validating game files did not work nor did reinstalling the entire game.
>
> FURTHER UPDATE: I have booted successfully with EAC disabled. For some reason Error 26 has something to do with EAC and not Halo.
>
> FINAL UPDATE: Turned my pc on today and opened the game just fine with EAC still on. Works just fine, no clue what fixed the problem though.

I still get the coad here and there if I wana play online dosnt even work 50% of the time sadly for multi-player.