Erroneous Voice Chat Ban

My girlfriend (gamertag: ‘Darkened Angelz’) and I just came back to Halo 4 last night to play on the Castle Map pack, and we have a blast upon our return.

However, when she logged in today, it said that she was voice banned for a week, and yet we never had mics plugged in to begin with.

To be quite frank, we haven’t used mics for the past month, so a voice ban out of the blue seems rather random.

Also, it’s worth noting that ‘Halo4.com/Ban’ does not properly redirect to any relevant information.

Thanks in advance.

OP, just a friendly reminder…calling out individuals is not allowed on these forums. Just leave it as my gf…and then state the problem. With regards to voice ban and you guys not using mics…that’s extremely odd. Try PM’ing the Administrators and see if they can assist you. I personally have never seen that before.

While I understand the concept of not calling people out, she would be making this very post either way, and I am not preaching her actions or such in any way, shape, or form.

I’ll give the administrators a message if I get the time, although we may just let it pass.

Maybe you and your GF should read this Halo 4 Ban FAQ-Click Here might help, also as Riot said saying names is against the rules.

I am beginning to think that users are not reading my post. Linking me to the ban thread is fantastic, were it of any use. The thread only touches base on bans from matchmaking, which does nothing for my case.

I understand you all want to become forum ninjas, but please, if you are going to link to other threads as a sign of your forum prowess, please post material that is relevant to the initial post.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I like buttered toast

> I am beginning to think that users are not reading my post. Linking me to the ban thread is fantastic, were it of any use. The thread only touches base on bans from matchmaking, which does nothing for my case.
>
> I understand you all want to become forum ninjas, but please, if you are going to link to other threads as a sign of your forum prowess, please post material that is relevant to the initial post.

Well That’s the only official thread there is about bans, there is nothing else we can do, as it was already said I guess you could Pm a Admin just keep in mind that it might take a while until they reply to you as they get tons of messages per day.

> I am beginning to think that users are not reading my post. Linking me to the ban thread is fantastic, were it of any use. The thread only touches base on bans from matchmaking, which does nothing for my case.
>
> I understand you all want to become forum ninjas, but please, if you are going to link to other threads as a sign of your forum prowess, please post material that is relevant to the initial post.

You don’t have to mic’ed to recieve a mute ban. If enough players mute you in game, (mic or not) you’ll get it. Some people/groups just do it so you’ll recieve the ban. I can’t explain why, they just do it. Hope that helps.

> > I am beginning to think that users are not reading my post. Linking me to the ban thread is fantastic, were it of any use. The thread only touches base on bans from matchmaking, which does nothing for my case.
> >
> > I understand you all want to become forum ninjas, but please, if you are going to link to other threads as a sign of your forum prowess, please post material that is relevant to the initial post.
>
> You don’t have to mic’ed to recieve a mute ban. If enough players mute you in game, (mic or not) you’ll get it. Some people/groups just do it so you’ll recieve the ban. I can’t explain why, they just do it. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information. It seems a bit ridiculous to block the ability to talk to players for a week though, particularly when we have friends who we want to talk with. Party chat interrupts game audio and infiltrates the immersion.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter or post discriminatory comments.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

the mods on this site are dumb as -Yoink!- they banned the thing just cause i put i like buttered toast go back to Cod you Fu ckin D umba ss c unt f ag s

-Ch33ze311-

I gotta say, you made me laugh with both posts.
This whole forum could do with a bit more humour TBH.

> Maybe you and your GF should read this Halo 4 Ban FAQ-Click Here might help, also as Riot said saying names is against the rules.

Please use the link above to discuss bans, thanks.