Erickyboo's thoughts on the Iron Skull

I think the new revive system can go along nicely with the Iron skull.
Some have suggested that Iron skull disables reviving, but I don’t think that’s the right route. I think, single player, if you go down and the AI doesn’t revive you, you restart level when you die die. In coop, you can revive team mates, but if they die, then checkpoint! Seems good to me!

Maybe Tough Luck would disable downs and revives. Or maybe it would make the bleed out time super fast for those tension filled moments.

I haven’t even thought about the Iron skull in 5 yet, I’m glad you brought it up. And what about the AI? What happens when they go down? For true Iron I would want a restart if you go down, keep it classic.

I think that sounds good. What if, let’s say Vale, goes down and she’s not revived. What happens then?

> 2533274799527886;4:
> I think that sounds good. What if, let’s say Vale, goes down and she’s not revived. What happens then?

I think it should work like this: let’s say you play alone with the Iron skull on. If you go down and are not revived, the mission restarts from the beginning. If your AI teammate goes down and is not revived, then you revert to last checkpoint. This way it’s still true to solo restarting but not getting completely screwed over by the AI.

> 2533274834537210;5:
> > 2533274799527886;4:
> > I think that sounds good. What if, let’s say Vale, goes down and she’s not revived. What happens then?
>
>
> I think it should work like this: let’s say you play alone with the Iron skull on. If you go down and are not revived, the mission restarts from the beginning. If your AI teammate goes down and is not revived, then you revert to last checkpoint. This way it’s still true to solo restarting but not getting completely screwed over by the AI.

That’s what I assume would happen. I can see A.I. running into battle where it’s impossible to save them. Would really appreciate not restarting the level, because of them. Although I could just command them not to go into a hopeless battle…completely forgot that…

> 2533274799527886;4:
> I think that sounds good. What if, let’s say Vale, goes down and she’s not revived. What happens then?

You move on and don’t look back. Vale will
ne remembered as she was a spartan missing in action.

I think it shouldn’t have any detriment to the player. She goes down and comes back next area. Solo players would have a headache managing the AI especially on Legendary when everyone is probably going to be destroyed by the opposing AI. Iron should only affect player deaths.

In the end, likely 2 skulls to achieve the different effects wanted.

1. Iron. If a teammate doesn’t get revived in time, restart checkpoint for co-op/AI death, level for SP-player death.

2. Wolfram. Player revives are disabled.