Equipment in place of Armor Abilities

While playing Halo 4, it was fun, but lacked that certain spark I felt while playing the older games. It felt like a more competitive Reach. I liked Reach, but the AA gave me mixed feelings. I liked Halo 3s equipment alot more. I think for Halo Xbox One, they need to scrap AA, keep Sprint, and bring equipment back in place of AA.

This is why we need a classic playlist and an Infinity playlist so people who want equipment, like you, are satisfied and people who want AAs, like me, are satisfied. :slight_smile:

Instead of replacing AAs, why not have both of them? AAs are loadout, but nerfed from what they currently are, while equipment is a single use version that is better and fulfils a different function

> This is why we need a classic playlist and an Infinity playlist so people who want equipment, like you, are satisfied and people who want AAs, like me, are satisfied. :slight_smile:

Except Halo 4’s Infinity mode isn’t popular amongst the majority of the Halo community. Halo Reach held its population fairly well, and did much better than Halo 4 by miles. It would be far more sensible to go back to Reach’s system of set loadouts and finally balance the AA’s properly.

no, equipment and aas in the same game would make a decent player almost invincible with all of the options and gadgets to use against the other person. i would rather have single use pick ups and no aas to futher balance the game and make each team work for something instead of hiding in the corner camoed with a boltshot.

> > This is why we need a classic playlist and an Infinity playlist so people who want equipment, like you, are satisfied and people who want AAs, like me, are satisfied. :slight_smile:
>
> Except Halo 4’s Infinity mode isn’t popular amongst the majority of the Halo community. Halo Reach held its population fairly well, and did much better than Halo 4 by miles. It would be far more sensible to go back to Reach’s system of set loadouts and finally balance the AA’s properly.

Except Reach was a terrible game and literally destroyed Halo with its COD features and other unnecessary changes. Halo 3 had a much higher player retention rate and was still going strong well after Reach came out.

We gave class-based gameplay a chance and clearly it doesn’t work for Halo, so lets do the smart thing and go back to its roots like Halo 4 should’ve done.

IMO, AAs are broken and will always be broken because they are able to be used at-will and multiple times. Notice no one complained about Active Camo until it was turned into an AA? Active Camo worked fine as an on-map pickup that could only be used once when picked up and was used immediately instead of the player waiting until an opportune time.

If anything, the only AAs I can handle are Regen, hologram, maybe promethean vision, just maybe. But camo shouldn’t be an AA. It should have always remained a powerup on the map. Jetpack just annoys me greatly.

> > This is why we need a classic playlist and an Infinity playlist so people who want equipment, like you, are satisfied and people who want AAs, like me, are satisfied. :slight_smile:
>
> Except Halo 4’s Infinity mode isn’t popular amongst the majority of the Halo community. Halo Reach held its population fairly well, and did much better than Halo 4 by miles. It would be far more sensible to go back to Reach’s system of set loadouts and finally balance the AA’s properly.

I’m pretty sure Halo 4’s problems don’t rest entirely on its AAs… but that’s just me saying :confused:

Some people prefer AAs; some prefer equipment. So I think a nice middle ground would be to have AAs as map pickups. I think they should also be a choice for personal ordnance.

>

It’s pretty popular amongst the people who actually still play Halo though.

> Some people prefer AAs; some prefer equipment. So I think a nice middle ground would be to have AAs as map pickups. I think they should also be a choice for personal ordnance.

Or maybe we could have both?

> > Some people prefer AAs; some prefer equipment. So I think a nice middle ground would be to have AAs as map pickups. I think they should also be a choice for personal ordnance.
>
> Or maybe we could have both?

I thought that too, but at the same time that wouldn’t work. Some of the AAs combined with equipment would just be all out abuse for another player. It all depends on what AAs stay in the game.

I honestly don’t care if the community is all split up.

As long as the population is at a steady 30,000 people a day (very, very pathetic for a Halo game), anything will work.

Seriously, having a bunch of players spilt but actually playing your game is better than barely any players at all.

> > > Some people prefer AAs; some prefer equipment. So I think a nice middle ground would be to have AAs as map pickups. I think they should also be a choice for personal ordnance.
> >
> > Or maybe we could have both?
>
> I thought that too, but at the same time that wouldn’t work. Some of the AAs combined with equipment would just be all out abuse for another player. It all depends on what AAs stay in the game.

Have both and make it so that you can only carry one of either at a time?

I agree equipment was better than armor abilities. I think the next Halo definitely needs to go back to the separated Ranked and Social playlists. Social games could be more like Reach multiplayer with a few different preset loadouts to choose from, and armor abilities replaced with a one-time use equipment. Ranked could be more like the classic Halo where everyone starts with the same weapons, no starting equipment/AAs or whatever, and a skill rank that is visible in game.

> <mark>Instead of replacing AAs, why not have both of them?</mark> AAs are loadout, but nerfed from what they currently are, while equipment is a single use version that is better and fulfils a different function

I want BOTH. Since it seems that custom loadouts will remain what if you pick an AA, equipment (one time use), Primary, Tactical Package and Support Upgrade. Secondary and grenade would be fixed as Magnum and Frag for balancing.

> > > This is why we need a classic playlist and an Infinity playlist so people who want equipment, like you, are satisfied and people who want AAs, like me, are satisfied. :slight_smile:
> >
> > Except Halo 4’s Infinity mode isn’t popular amongst the majority of the Halo community. Halo Reach held its population fairly well, and did much better than Halo 4 by miles. It would be far more sensible to go back to Reach’s system of set loadouts and finally balance the AA’s properly.
>
> Except Reach was a terrible game and literally destroyed Halo with its COD features and other unnecessary changes. Halo 3 had a much higher player retention rate and was still going strong well after Reach came out.
>
> We gave class-based gameplay a chance and clearly it doesn’t work for Halo, so lets do the smart thing and go back to its roots like Halo 4 should’ve done.

Terrible? That’s entirely a matter of perspective and opinion. Reach had its flaws, just as every Halo game has had, but for all its flaws it brought a fair amount of things to Halo and overall was a solid game. Minus the bloom, slow movement speed, and AA’s offering too much of an advantage to players it didn’t have many problems.

I ask you, would Invasion have worked without loadouts? Without the unlocked tiers of progression the improving defenses would be more difficult for the attackers to get through, not to mention how stale the gameplay could grow from accomplishing the completion of a wave and not gaining from it. Vehicles could create havoc and without the players unlocking new tiers of loadouts they would’ve surely been at a loss. Even ignoring that, it brought a new element in that allowed you to know what you could be facing off of spawn. In regular Arena Halo you can guess that your enemy may or may not have picked up the Carbine or Shotgun near their spawn, but until you see them you’re not certain, the same principle applies with those set loadouts.

I don’t see how you can justify your beliefs that Reach destroyed Halo by adding a hint of Loadout gameplay into it, and that it doesn’t work. Had Reach properly offered both the standard 1 gun no AA, and Loadouts that were well balanced would there have been an issue? Something to keep in mind is that making new things balance completely really is not possible to do for the first game; as you’re trying to get something that hasn’t been done before to work seamlessly. For all its flaws Reach was a solid Halo game that experimented with something not commonly done, and were it not for a few things it would’ve pulled it off.

Honestly, I don’t have a clue where you’re pulling CoD from. Loadouts do not equal Call of Duty style gameplay, and if anything Reach had more of a resemblance to SW Battlefront than CoD or Battlefield.