Equipment H3 VS HI

Comparing equipment from the slower paced Halo 3 to the faster paced Halo Infinite. Infinite’s seems inferior with the exceptions of the Grapple Shot, Repulsor, and the ability to hold invis or overshield. The deployable cover from H3 was mostly useless compared to the bubble shield, but it is way better than Infinite’s dropwall. The threat sensor by itself seems useful but add the radar, ping/mark system, player outlines, glowing flags with a beacon while sprinting, and glint on all scoped weapon’s there’s little stealth in the game anymore. I hope there is going to be more better equipment coming because so far there hasn’t been much to get hyped for. I’m hoping for a good decoy or grav lift.

I feel like we will definitely see more equipment like jetpack in future seasons.

The threat sensor feels very poor, I don’t like using it but I imagine it will be very popular at the lower ranks. Same with dropwall, I feel like that will be more popular at the lower levels.

I think for objective games the threat sensor has a place but in slayer really not worth it.
The drop wall is something to adjust to, it’s an excellent solution to grenade spam and soaking up shots from power weapons. Very glad it’s not the invulnerability ball from H3. The big difference is that it’s not the panic button but something to bolster your position before a fight, don’t underestimate this in higher level play when we learn what the power positions in maps are.

Also very confident that the equipment pool will grow steadily coming years and it’s off to an awesome start!

The drop wall isn’t the bubble shield’s equivalent. H3 had a covenant deployable cover which had more durability and utility because you could jump onto it to get higher.
The H3 bubble shield was more akin to H4’s Drop Shield, which would be better than the drop wall.
The drop wall is a little different because you can shoot through it. I would trade that for more durability.

There are only 3 worthwhile pieces of equipment in H3 which are the power drain, bubble shield, and regen. None of the H3 equipment had any particular counter play to them. Bubble shield and regen are a big -Yoink- you to would be attackers and the power drain wipes the field. Any of other piece of equipment is crap.

So far infinite’s equipment isn’t outright useless but isn’t really impressive either. The drop wall rewards preemptive deployments, but melts apart too quickly against bullet fire. It can negate explosive damage which is nice, but most of the time people just shoot through the holes. Grapple hook is interesting because it improves vertical mobility without being as busted as jetpack. Plus it can pull weapons and objectives which is a nice sandbox interaction. Repulsor is the best piece of equipment shown off, with its variety of utilities.

Overall any piece of equipment in Infinite probably won’t be as powerful as similar mechanics in previous games because the team seems extra cautious about balance this time.

Wait there’s glint on the br and commando? I never noticed that.

> 2717573882290912;5:
> There are only 3 worthwhile pieces of equipment in H3 which are the power drain, bubble shield, and regen. None of the H3 equipment had any particular counter play to them. Bubble shield and regen are a big -Yoink- you to would be attackers and the power drain wipes the field. Any of other piece of equipment is crap.
>
> So far infinite’s equipment isn’t outright useless but isn’t really impressive either. The drop wall rewards preemptive deployments, but melts apart too quickly against bullet fire. It can negate explosive damage which is nice, but most of the time people just shoot through the holes. Grapple hook is interesting because it improves vertical mobility without being as busted as jetpack. Plus it can pull weapons and objectives which is a nice sandbox interaction. Repulsor is the best piece of equipment shown off, with its variety of utilities.
>
> Overall any piece of equipment in Infinite probably won’t be as powerful as similar mechanics in previous games because the team seems extra cautious about balance this time.

I’d make an argument for Tripmines… But only on Rat’s Nest

And if the Grav Lift spawned in more opportune areas on more maps I think it would have made a larger impact. In H3 the only place it really spawned that it was also useful for something was High Ground, under the Laser tower. But imagine if there was one near lower man-cannon on Guardian you could use to get back up to blue room, or hold onto and surprise players by jumping directly from bottom mid to top gold from the one direction they aren’t expecting you to get up from?

could we not just stockpile a variety.

> 2533274885506317;6:
> Wait there’s glint on the br and commando? I never noticed that.

you’ll see it friday.

I just watched a halofollower video he had a really good point about equipment in HI vs H3. Equipment in H3 was neutral once deployed and HI’s is more a buff/ability just for the user.
Really the only benefit the carrier/deployer would get is timing and placement. Both of those I would call strategy/tactics. Now most of the equipment is a player buff instead of a neutral item.

> 2781911019823810;10:
> I just watched a halofollower video he had a really good point about equipment in HI vs H3. Equipment in H3 was neutral once deployed and HI’s is more a buff/ability just for the user.
> Really the only benefit the carrier/deployer would get is timing and placement. Both of those I would call strategy/tactics. Now most of the equipment is a player buff instead of a neutral item.

I’m so tired of hearing this neutrality argument. You almost have to be braindead to have H3’s equipment backfire. Regen sits under you upon deployment, the power drain rolls forward to an enemy, and you only use the bubble shield if you are about to lose a fight. Those hardly seem neutral.

> 2535431933064458;11:
> > 2781911019823810;10:
> > I just watched a halofollower video he had a really good point about equipment in HI vs H3. Equipment in H3 was neutral once deployed and HI’s is more a buff/ability just for the user.
> > Really the only benefit the carrier/deployer would get is timing and placement. Both of those I would call strategy/tactics. Now most of the equipment is a player buff instead of a neutral item.
>
> I’m so tired of hearing this neutrality argument. You almost have to be braindead to have H3’s equipment backfire. Regen sits under you upon deployment, the power drain rolls forward to an enemy, and you only use the bubble shield if you are about to lose a fight. Those hardly seem neutral.

You never experienced the dance with the bubble shield? Or the near endless BR/smack fest inside a regen field? Radar jammer certainly effected the thrower unless it was rolled away down a ramp.
I’m not sure it is even an argument anyways so let’s not turn it into one because internet. Are people complaining that the equipment doesn’t have the same risk as H3? I’ve not heard that before. The Halo Infinite equipment seems to only carry benefits to the user/team, but they aren’t completely game changing, just slight advantages when used correctly.
I’m enjoying the equipment and interested to see what new tech Tony Stark thinks up next.

> 2533274866989456;12:
> > 2535431933064458;11:
> > > 2781911019823810;10:
> > > I just watched a halofollower video he had a really good point about equipment in HI vs H3. Equipment in H3 was neutral once deployed and HI’s is more a buff/ability just for the user.
> > > Really the only benefit the carrier/deployer would get is timing and placement. Both of those I would call strategy/tactics. Now most of the equipment is a player buff instead of a neutral item.
> >
> > I’m so tired of hearing this neutrality argument. You almost have to be braindead to have H3’s equipment backfire. Regen sits under you upon deployment, the power drain rolls forward to an enemy, and you only use the bubble shield if you are about to lose a fight. Those hardly seem neutral.
>
> You never experienced the dance with the bubble shield? Or the near endless BR/smack fest inside a regen field? Radar jammer certainly effected the thrower unless it was rolled away down a ramp.
> I’m not sure it is even an argument anyways so let’s not turn it into one because internet. Are people complaining that the equipment doesn’t have the same risk as H3? I’ve not heard that before. The Halo Infinite equipment seems to only carry benefits to the user/team, but they aren’t completely game changing, just slight advantages when used correctly.
> I’m enjoying the equipment and interested to see what new tech Tony Stark thinks up next.

I think what he meant is that you used H3 Equipment to change a disadvantage into an advantage or equal fight. It’s a pretty good point there. It even stopped the flow of fights cause the engager now needs to retreat or do something else in most instances. We’re mostly talking about the big 3: Regen, Bubble, and Energy Drain.

None of Infinite’s Equipment really does this except maybe the Overshield that can be pulled out at moment before you fight someone. (I can’t say I’m a fan of this approach to powerups)

There are some concerns over the impacts of Repulsor and Grapple, but they had seemingly been placed in gametypes minimally, aside from BTB. Grapple let’s players traverse over half a map in a second, and similarly escape from a fight. So there is some impact there as well. You could only imagine how crazy it would be if we started with it; we’d be swinging around like yoinking Tarzan, lmao.

> 2781911019823810;4:
> The drop wall isn’t the bubble shield’s equivalent. H3 had a covenant deployable cover which had more durability and utility because you could jump onto it to get higher.
> The H3 bubble shield was more akin to H4’s Drop Shield, which would be better than the drop wall.
> The drop wall is a little different because you can shoot through it. I would trade that for more durability.

OMG! I played 11 hours of the flight and had no idea you could shoot through the drop wall lmao!

halo 3’s equipment was either annoying or overpowered with little in between. nobody liked the flare or radar jammer, energy drain and regen field were busted. the bubble shield and trip mine are the only equipment i’d like to see return, with maybe a nerfed version of the regen field.

> 2760465307323250;13:
> > 2533274866989456;12:
> > > 2535431933064458;11:
> > > > 2781911019823810;10:
> > > > I just watched a halofollower video he had a really good point about equipment in HI vs H3. Equipment in H3 was neutral once deployed and HI’s is more a buff/ability just for the user.
> > > > Really the only benefit the carrier/deployer would get is timing and placement. Both of those I would call strategy/tactics. Now most of the equipment is a player buff instead of a neutral item.
> > >
> > > -snip-
> >
> > -snipity-
>
> -snip-
>
> There are some concerns over the impacts of Repulsor and Grapple, but they had seemingly been placed in gametypes minimally, aside from BTB. Grapple let’s players traverse over half a map in a second, and similarly escape from a fight. So there is some impact there as well. You could only imagine how crazy it would be if we started with it; we’d be swinging around like yoinking Tarzan, lmao.

Yes! I’m super stoked for the custom games this will bring! Forge cannot come soon enough. I hope you can adjust the settings for custom games to be able to fire the grapple more rapidly. I attempted a few moves and found the cool down would cause spidey to splat.

> 2781911019823810;1:
> Comparing equipment from the slower paced Halo 3 to the faster paced Halo Infinite. Infinite’s seems inferior with the exceptions of the Grapple Shot, Repulsor, and the ability to hold invis or overshield. The deployable cover from H3 was mostly useless compared to the bubble shield, but it is way better than Infinite’s dropwall. The threat sensor by itself seems useful but add the radar, ping/mark system, player outlines, glowing flags with a beacon while sprinting, and glint on all scoped weapon’s there’s little stealth in the game anymore. I hope there is going to be more better equipment coming because so far there hasn’t been much to get hyped for. I’m hoping for a good decoy or grav lift.

I’m enjoying infinites take on equipment so far. In h3 some of the equipment more or less acted like access denial points at times. Idk I just didn’t really like how it played out sometimes. There were cool moments using things like the drain and bubble shield…but many times where they’d basically serve as a point of denial where the challenger just went somewhere else.

In infinite there’s some dynamic uses for the repulsor, and feels the most fun to carry just because it’s optional uses.

The grapple is pretty dope, and you can hit some pretty cool plays both offensively and defensively with it. It pairs quite well with certain weapons…and perhaps some will become too much on certain maps if left untested. Imagine 5 uses of that with the sword.

The drop wall is useful for blocking grenades, but instances of 1v1s quickly leave you to think you’re safe from damage when you aren’t because the panel has already been destroyed. (It helps to basically act as if its not there and still strafe and crouch.)

Threat sensor…get rid of this thing…bring in something more unique…or something from an older halo game even…anything but this crap…

Thrusters we already seen what this can do in 5. Unknown if it can be used for any kind of skill jumps like in 5 though.

Its going to be cool to see what they add in next. It would be hard to imagine anything really unique though since so many things have already been used in other games.

I just want Drop Wall to be like Bubble Shield but have the same durability as Drop Shield.

Neutral Equipment might help Infinite not feel so sweaty also. We did get back Energy Drain in the form of Dynamo Grenades. I do think they did actually improve by changing them to grenades. However they need to have friendly fire back.

> 2533274885506317;6:
> Wait there’s glint on the br and commando? I never noticed that.

Yeah I think so