Equipement in Halo 4?

I know most people are concerned with bloom, AAs, Br, ect…but is there any word on equipement.

It would make sense if it where in the game since they were in halo 3.

I would care less if they do or don’t come back, but if they do they need to get rid of the regenerator and power drain.
Example… Camping on the sniper tower on the “pit” with the regen spam is really annoying.

also I hope they bring back the bubble shield but make it destructable.

What are your thoughts?

Since there is a lot of opposition towards AA I would accept equipment as a general replacement provided they make a few new ones and actually make the trip mine useful like in the Halo 3 beta.

What could happen is Armor Abilities return BUT they are all pickups like the overshield and equipment. This way you don’t have a whole team Armor Locking at the same time or everyone flying around with Jetpacks.

NO, why would you get rid of the power drain? Why would you make the bubble shield destructable? They are great as they are.

> What could happen is Armor Abilities return BUT they are all pickups like the overshield and equipment. This way you don’t have a whole team Armor Locking at the same time or everyone flying around with Jetpacks.

How about you just make them equipment instead, have one quick burst of speed (Sprint-Pick Up) or two chances to evade danger (Evade Pick Up). And as for AL and Jetpack, why don’t you just scrap them forever.

We need equipment back. As for the power drainer, it can be replaced with an EMP grenade. I think an EMP grenade would be a really useful/fun tool.

the power drainer is awesome

> the power drainer is awesome

heh. until you throw it at your team/get it thrown at you by a teammate. THAT was a fun game. :smiley:

I hate the power drain because you have limited teamates that throw them at you then you get 1 shotted

There is lesser opposition to Armor Abilities than you might think. Just because there’s a few vocal people on the forums complaining about them doesn’t mean they are the majority, on the contrary, they are the minority.

I for one actually like Armor Abilities. I agree with Bungie’s reasoning for changing Equipment to Armor Abilities. In “Halo 3” it was either a bum-rush to the Equipment or you barely got to even use them before you died.

Even so, I hope 343 recreates Equipment/ Armor Abilities in “Halo 4” in their own vision. I don’t want certain aspects to be implemented into “Halo 4” like Equipment and no Bloom (If you read “The Flood”, you’ll learn that recoil is still felt by the Spartan even through dampeners) just because a lot of people like it. I want certain aspects to be implemented into “Halo 4” because 343 sees them as good aspects and logical that they would be there.

equipment over armour abilities

but if there can be none like halo 2, that is the correct way to go!

I like the principles behind Equipment. Pickups on the map with a one time-use and a respawn timer. Similar to the traditional Overshield and Active Camo. I would tolerate AAs if they followed these principles, but they do not.

> > What could happen is Armor Abilities return BUT they are all pickups like the overshield and equipment. This way you don’t have a whole team Armor Locking at the same time or everyone flying around with Jetpacks.
>
> How about you just make them equipment instead, have one quick burst of speed (Sprint-Pick Up) or two chances to evade danger (Evade Pick Up). And as for AL and Jetpack, why don’t you just scrap them forever.

Because AA’s are cooler and more realistic.

> > What could happen is Armor Abilities return BUT they are all pickups like the overshield and equipment. This way you don’t have a whole team Armor Locking at the same time or everyone flying around with Jetpacks.
>
> How about you just make them equipment instead, have one quick burst of speed (Sprint-Pick Up) or two chances to evade danger (Evade Pick Up). And as for AL and Jetpack, why don’t you just scrap them forever.

AL one time use. Jetpack would turn into jump pack and give you 2 good jumps. And for customs you could mess with it to make it a jet pack again. All of the said items would be map pick ups.

How did we go from Grav lift pick up to nearly infinite jetpack use off spawn?
How did we go from pick up overshield to multiple use invincibility(armor lock) off spawn?

> There is lesser opposition to Armor Abilities than you might think. Just because there’s a few vocal people on the forums complaining about them doesn’t mean they are the majority, on the contrary, they are the minority.

I would love to see your proof since you seem so sure of yourself.

> > There is lesser opposition to Armor Abilities than you might think. Just because there’s a few vocal people on the forums complaining about them doesn’t mean they are the majority, on the contrary, they are the minority.
>
> I would love to see your proof since you seem so sure of yourself.

I have talked to many people (A LOT) who don’t go near forums and they all seem to love all the AA’s. Maybe it’s just when the complainers complain is when you start to not like them.

They should definately keep loadouts.

> > > There is lesser opposition to Armor Abilities than you might think. Just because there’s a few vocal people on the forums complaining about them doesn’t mean they are the majority, on the contrary, they are the minority.
> >
> > I would love to see your proof since you seem so sure of yourself.
>
> I have talked to many people (A LOT) who don’t go near forums and they all seem to love all the AA’s. Maybe it’s just when the complainers complain is when you start to not like them.
>
> They should definately keep loadouts.

Many people I’ve seen post saying they asked people they know if they like AA’s said they dislike them so much they just stopped playing Reach. Besides, if you talk to people playing Reach, of course, more likely than not, most would like AA’s. Also loadouts would be cool for customs, but not matchmaking.

AAs were good for a game. But they destroyed halos CORE gameplay. They shouldnt be in halo 4. Leave reachs stuff in reach, since reach wasent really even a halo game.