Episode 3..

Awesome, Isn’t It? I liked firefight (I played It like 10 times In Reach, and Loved the ODST one, but right now, I prefer Spartan Ops… what do you think?

343i is doing an amazing job with this second campaign.

Thanks for the optimism! I also love Spartan Ops. But a lot of people complain that it is repetitive, but so was fire fight, some complain Sarah Palmer talks too much or uses the same dialogue; even if that is true, so what? It isn’t game changing is it? I love Spartan Ops, and love the extra info it comes with. I just can’t believe those Spartan IV’s were treating Dr. Halsey like that!

> Awesome, Isn’t It? I liked firefight (I played It like 10 times In Reach, and Loved the ODST one, but right now, I prefer Spartan Ops… what do you think?
>
> 343i is doing an amazing job with this second campaign.

I wouldnt say awesome… but it was defiantly better than the last two.

The missions were longer, but the waves were more congested than last time.

The tank was fun for a little bit till i realized that i could just snipe everything with it…

The mantis was hell with all the banshies…

I have no complaint about the Second mission though, that one was what all of them should strive to be.

The movie was no better or worse than the last ones either…

I would still like to have FF as another game mode though. Sops just doesnt fill the gap as well as it could of…

This was the first week that I really enjoyed. The missions were a much needed step above those in episodes 1 and 2. The story isn’t all that interesting yet, but the introduction of Halsey can only be a good thing. Sarah Palmer is still a terrible character with horribly cliched dialogue, though. Luckily we didn’t have to hear her complain about those “eggheads” (those eggheads are the ones who made your armor, you fool…you wouldn’t be anything more than a loud-mouthed marine without them) and how much of a joke the mission is this week (really destroys any sense of accomplishment when she just talks about mopping stuff up). Her talk with Halsey during chapter 3 was absolutely terrible, though. “DON’T LISTEN TO HER, I GIVE YOU MONEY NOT HER!” was basically her reaction to Halsey. I don’t expect Palmer to like the Doctor, but -Yoink!- that’s just some bad writing.

/end rant.

But yes, this week gives me hope for the future of Spartan Ops.

This episode was pretty sweet. To be honest, I kinda dig that they’re using the multiplayer maps as Spartan Ops missions, as the War Games are a simulation based on those locations. Right? Prolly.

ANYWAY, my chief (albeit small and not too important) ‘disagreement’ with the Spartan Ops as a whole is the respawn system. I feel like it’d be really awesome if you had to revive downed allies, as the current insta-spawn kind of breaks the fiction. After everyone in the match dies at least once, it’s like Crimson kinda lost the mission, you know?

What I would like to see in future renditions of Spartan Ops (i.e. Halo 5 and 6) is a system sorta like Left 4 Dead. You’ve got a downed Spartan, go help him up. If they don’t get helped after a certain amount of time, or are downed too-many times, then the Spartan is labeled M.I.A. and the rest of the team has to continue the OP.

It’s just a thought, but I feel like it might make the whole experience a bit more immersive, ya dig?

OTHERWISE, Spartan Ops is pretty darn cool.