EPIC FAIL Stat tracking

link 4 fail

It did not take me over a day and 13 hours to complete truth and reconcilliation on normal. Can someone explain why the stat tracking is so bad?

P.S. Please tell me halo 4 won’t be this bad.

its the total playtime on the map… btw

> its the total playtime on the map… btw

Derp.

I was thinking the same thing as the OP, but that makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up!

> > its the total playtime on the map… btw
>
> Derp.
>
> I was thinking the same thing as the OP, but that makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up!

No, something really is up with the stat tracking. It says I have a litter over 6 days on the Pillar of Autumn alone. You can check my stats, I’m not exactly sure sure how to link it.

I don’t think it took even close to that long for me to complete the entire campaign, let alone the one level.

Something has to be wrong there.

> > > its the total playtime on the map… btw
> >
> > Derp.
> >
> > I was thinking the same thing as the OP, but that makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up!
>
> No, something really is up with the stat tracking. It says I have a litter over 6 days on the Pillar of Autumn alone. You can check my stats, I’m not exactly sure sure how to link it.
>
> I don’t think it took even close to that long for me to complete the entire campaign, let alone the one level.
>
> Something has to be wrong there.

Exactly. I didn’t spend 1 day and 13 hours on one level. Are these guys serious? I didn’t spend more than seven or eight hours in total playtime.

It’s WRONG and should be fixed.

According to this stat tracking, I’ve spent about 16 days and close to 22 hours in the campaign total, with about 10 days of that time being spent in The Library. Also, while those stats are insanely too high, there’s no way I’ve only spent 30 minutes in The Pillar of Autumn. I took the time to do a few Legendary runthroughs of the game, and that level takes longer than 30 minutes for me at that difficulty to do just once. No way I’ve cleared it a few times on Legendary in only 30 minutes.

Also, compare this to my Reach stats. According to Bungie.net, I’ve played Reach across all modes (campaign, Firefight, Customs, Matchmaking, etc) for a total of about 17 days. Nobody’s going to tell me I’ve spent over half the total time I spent on Reach total in just The Library.

There’s no way these stats are accurate. In fact, they’re way off. And they’re hardly even that relevant; I’d much rather have kill stats, campaign scoring, carnage reports, medals, etc. As far as online stat tracking goes, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is an utter failure.

My advice for this situation is to remain calm and wait until 343 fixes it. It won’t be too hard to fix up I am sure and they will handle it quite well. Until then just ignore people’s stats and your own since they as you all said don’t reflect your playtime.

I wonder if it counts how long you may have sat in a pause menu as well. I haven’t played a ton of campaign at all. But I do know that I’m notorious for leaving my Xbox on all the time.

Is it really that bad? Well now I’m interested and going to check this out. Good find OP…

> My advice for this situation is to remain calm and wait until 343 fixes it. It won’t be too hard to fix up I am sure and they will handle it quite well. Until then just ignore people’s stats and your own since they as you all said don’t reflect your playtime.

I wasn’t trying to be a troll, but I wanted to bring attention to it so it can be resolved.

I’ve come up with a theory that each level timer ‘starts’ at the start of the level, and doesn’t finish until you finish the level.

So if you play PoA, go 15mins into it and save+quit so you can eat some dinner for 40mins, the time will be 55mins on the level, rather than the original 15.

Here’s mine…

> Campaign Progress
> The Pillar of Autumn : 0d 0h 32m 26s
> Halo : 0d 1h 12m 57s
> The Truth and Reconciliation : 0d 2h 35m 46s
> Silent Cartographer : 0d -3h -15m -6s
> Assault on the Control Room : 0d 2h 6m 55s
> 343 Guilty Spark : 0d -3h -23m -26s
> The Library : 0d 1h 6m 13s
> Two Betrayals : 0d 1h 51m 6s
> Keyes : 0d -3h 0m -16s
> The Maw : 0d 1h 3m 13s

I’m not sure why some of them are minuses.
I guess I earned almost 10 hours of life time added to my life for playing Halo CEA.

Negative 3 hours on Silent Cartographer, 343 Guilty Spark, and Keyes.
Odd.

It seems to count the time from first accessing the level to first beating it.

> link 4 fail
>
> It did not take me over a day and 13 hours to complete truth and reconcilliation on normal. Can someone explain why the stat tracking is so bad?
>
> P.S. Please tell me halo 4 won’t be this bad.

Lol yeah the stats are screwed up. Doesn’t look very good i must say for 343. Shaky start.

> I’ve come up with a theory that each level timer ‘starts’ at the start of the level, and doesn’t finish until you finish the level.
>
> So if you play PoA, go 15mins into it and save+quit so you can eat some dinner for 40mins, the time will be 55mins on the level, rather than the original 15.

Pretty sure this is the reason. When I was going through the campaign the first time on Normal, I only did a few missions a day and then saved and quitted at the beginning of the next one. Resumed the mission from the save point and completion time was recorded as >22 hours or whatever.