Entrenched FREE EVENT is misleading

So 343I speaks so highly of the new free event, everyone needs to go play Halo Infinite again. According to 343I because this new event is free and epic…

THIS particular event is FOR THE NEW ARMOR CORE.
IF IT’S FREE, AS THEY STATED ON SEVERAL POSTS. WHY ARE THEY TAKING THAT ARMOR CORE AND PUT SOME PARTS IN THE SHOP?
WASN’T THE EVENT FREE? IT’S SO MISLEADING AND ANNOYING.

I really don’t understand how 343I can call this event free when THEY TAKE ARMOR PARTS THAT ARE SPECIFIC FOR THE FREE EVENT IN THE STORE.
It’s absurd. They should only call it ‘NEW EVENT’. Or if they want to continue with this absurd business model, they should announce with this text instead: «NEW EVENT INCLUDING ONE FREE MINI-PASS»
Because calling that event free is BS.

2 Likes

When they said “we heard the issues the community had with the Tenurai event and are making changes with the system going into season 2”

What they actually meant was
We already made the event items and system for season 2 and it is exactly the same as Tenurai.

Deaf ears my friend.
It’s pretty much par for the coarse with 343i at this point. Just don’t blame them for their lacklustre game or they’ll need more compassionate time off and get on Twitter calling their fanbase toxic and such for simply criticising their game.

1 Like

I didn’t read no posts, but I did watch the trailer which clearly states the battle pass and armor core are free, plus new premium cosmetics (then proceeded to montage them).

I’m not sure why that’s misleading, especially cuz to me all those details were assumed; they didn’t need to tell me.

2 Likes

Ya it sucks but the promotional stuff and the trailer do distinguish between the new free and premium content so i cant say its misleading.
Just highly misfortunate and mishandled which is essentially the modus operandi for 343i and infinite as a whole.

I’m not even seeing event task to do. When I’m done a game it shows season 2 event but I’m not getting anything. Is this a bug or is it not like tenrai ?

@hagorize (sorry the reply system is so busted it never shows as a reply ti the person just a post on the thread so i tagged you)
Sounds like a bug buddy, submit a ticket.

Each challenge has unlocked a peice of content for me.
Usually the items pop up with the bp and then a splash screen of the challenge pass level appears in the post match progress report.

It’s a free event. You don’t have to pay anything to get the core and the cosmetics from the free event. There are things you can purchase for that core but you don’t have to. It’s a free event as you do not have to purchase anything and still get things FOR FREE.

I guess your line of reasoning is also that since it’s a FTP multiplayer game that everything in the game should be free or they are otherwise lying?

2 Likes

I looked at the trailer again and this time I saw they mentioned premium cosmetics. So I guess I was wrong in this one.

2 Likes

Fair play for not digging in your heels lile sp many others would have done.
We all make mistakes.
Mostly 343i do but sometimes its on one of us haha