Ensure one thing to return

If you could ensure that one thing from a previous game makes a reappearance in Infinite, what would you pick? This could be anything, from a mechanic to a skull to a character to Marty’s music. And, it’d be just as good as it was in the original game it appeared in.
Personally, I think I’d choose to have the Flood back. How cool would it be if, midway through Infinite, 343i introduces HW2 Flood into the game, just like in CE?

> 2535445440275012;1:
> If you could ensure that one thing from a previous game makes a reappearance in Infinite, what would you pick? This could be anything, from a mechanic to a skull to a character to Marty’s music. And, it’d be just as good as it was in the original game it appeared in.
> Personally, I think I’d choose to have the Flood back. How cool would it be if, midway through Infinite, 343i introduces HW2 Flood into the game, just like in CE?

I think they should 100% have flood in infinite no matter how they introduce it. And although it’s pretty new, it’d be cool to have the acrophobia skull be in infinite because that is by far my favorite skull in the Halo franchise.

prometheans

I’m a broken record on this, but: Classic Firefight.

I hope MCC is showing 343i that there is sustained interest in this game mode. They’ve done Firefight very dirty with Halo 4 and 5. Spartan Ops and Warzone FF are entirely different creatures than Bungie’s Firefight, and I don’t think I’m speaking for only myself when I say that classic Firefight is sorely missed.

Since Primary/Secondary color choices have already gone the way of the dodo (wouldn’t have even thought to ask for them to be kept for Infinite, but here we are), I’ll absolutely stick with a return of something resembling Reach’s Firefight to return in Infinite.

A PvE sandbox arcade/survival mode with robust custom options is a phenomenal way to give your game loads of replayability and to encourage players to really get to immerse themselves and fall in love with the game’s PvE sandbox. It’s a missed opportunity if it doesn’t make it.

I’d like Bungie’s AI to return. The enemies in H4 and H5 are so bland to fight, and that’s before mentioning the Prometheans.

Take Reach for instance. Elites are hard as hell to fight, but it never feels unfair. They jump, dodge, roll, sprint, and kick, all of which makes every encounter a challenge. In H4 and H5, Elites either fire while running, charge at you, or very predictably throw grenades.

I brought up Reach, but boot up CE and do a 1v3 against Legendary Elites. It’s a blast. You can shut your brain off and fight the Elites in H4 and H5, but you need to pay attention to beat them in the Bungie games.

You know what’s great though? You can do all of the above in MCC and 343i continues to make it every bit as special as possible.

> 2533274824050480;5:
> I’d like Bungie’s AI to return. The enemies in H4 and H5 are so bland to fight, and that’s before mentioning the Prometheans.
>
> Take Reach for instance. Elites are hard as hell to fight, but it never feels unfair. They jump, dodge, roll, sprint, and kick, all of which makes every encounter a challenge. In H4 and H5, Elites either fire while running, charge at you, or very predictably throw grenades.
>
> I brought up Reach, but boot up CE and do a 1v3 against Legendary Elites. It’s a blast. You can shut your brain off and fight the Elites in H4 and H5, but you need to pay attention to beat them in the Bungie games.
>
> You know what’s great though? You can do all of the above in MCC and 343i continues to make it every bit as special as possible.

The elites in H4 definitely lack the amount of mobility and for the most part the aggressiveness seen in the other games. Their pathing and player detection are really bad as well. However they were not supposed to be the primary threat in H4 so they didn’t get as much work done for them as they should have.
The Prometheans are definitely annoying to fight with how frequently they teleport and the watchers respawning and shielding the knights but I sure that was intended to be a new challenge. I think it wouldn’t have been bad if the Promethean knights AI was more aggressive and almost never teleported except when spawning in.
I am hopeful that the AI will be more like what Bungie created but not quite the same as theirs. The tiny glimpse from the gameplay reveal last year looked like it could be promising but it was a completely scripted clip with a low difficulty setting going by how quickly the enemies could be killed off.

> 2535405142932928;6:
> > 2533274824050480;5:
> > I’d like Bungie’s AI to return. The enemies in H4 and H5 are so bland to fight, and that’s before mentioning the Prometheans.
> >
> > Take Reach for instance. Elites are hard as hell to fight, but it never feels unfair. They jump, dodge, roll, sprint, and kick, all of which makes every encounter a challenge. In H4 and H5, Elites either fire while running, charge at you, or very predictably throw grenades.
> >
> > I brought up Reach, but boot up CE and do a 1v3 against Legendary Elites. It’s a blast. You can shut your brain off and fight the Elites in H4 and H5, but you need to pay attention to beat them in the Bungie games.
> >
> > You know what’s great though? You can do all of the above in MCC and 343i continues to make it every bit as special as possible.
>
> The elites in H4 definitely lack the amount of mobility and for the most part the aggressiveness seen in the other games. Their pathing and player detection are really bad as well. However they were not supposed to be the primary threat in H4 so they didn’t get as much work done for them as they should have.
> The Prometheans are definitely annoying to fight with how frequently they teleport and the watchers respawning and shielding the knights but I sure that was intended to be a new challenge. I think it wouldn’t have been bad if the Promethean knights AI was more aggressive and almost never teleported except when spawning in.
> I am hopeful that the AI will be more like what Bungie created but not quite the same as theirs. The tiny glimpse from the gameplay reveal last year looked like it could be promising but it was a completely scripted clip with a low difficulty setting going by how quickly the enemies could be killed off.

Yeah, that’s true. It was great seeing Brutes jump around and stuff. Hopefully that’s a good sign! Either way, I’m eager for Infinite.

The “werrrrrrwert!” noise ghosts use to make before they explode in Halo 2 and 3. That’s it. I am easy to please.

> 2535405142932928;6:
> > 2533274824050480;5:
> > I’d like Bungie’s AI to return. The enemies in H4 and H5 are so bland to fight, and that’s before mentioning the Prometheans.
> >
> > Take Reach for instance. Elites are hard as hell to fight, but it never feels unfair. They jump, dodge, roll, sprint, and kick, all of which makes every encounter a challenge. In H4 and H5, Elites either fire while running, charge at you, or very predictably throw grenades.
> >
> > I brought up Reach, but boot up CE and do a 1v3 against Legendary Elites. It’s a blast. You can shut your brain off and fight the Elites in H4 and H5, but you need to pay attention to beat them in the Bungie games.
> >
> > You know what’s great though? You can do all of the above in MCC and 343i continues to make it every bit as special as possible.
>
> The elites in H4 definitely lack the amount of mobility and for the most part the aggressiveness seen in the other games. Their pathing and player detection are really bad as well. However they were not supposed to be the primary threat in H4 so they didn’t get as much work done for them as they should have.
> The Prometheans are definitely annoying to fight with how frequently they teleport and the watchers respawning and shielding the knights but I sure that was intended to be a new challenge. I think it wouldn’t have been bad if the Promethean knights AI was more aggressive and almost never teleported except when spawning in.
> I am hopeful that the AI will be more like what Bungie created but not quite the same as theirs. The tiny glimpse from the gameplay reveal last year looked like it could be promising but it was a completely scripted clip with a low difficulty setting going by how quickly the enemies could be killed off.

Not to mention that elites look stupid as hell in H4 and H5

Definitely The Flood. Considering the history of Zeta Halo with The Flood it’s a possibility they will return.

I actually do want to see prometheans return, but with a more classic style, and let sentinels be part of their forces.

> 2535405142932928;6:
> I think it wouldn’t have been bad if the Promethean knights AI was more aggressive and almost never teleported except when spawning in.

My proposed fix is to actually make them vulnerable while teleporting. I mean they have a few seconds where they’re literally breaking into pieces as they teleport, that would logically expose systems that are normally armored. It also creates a scenario where the player is rewarded for taking advantage of the situation, and punished for ignoring it if it gets away.

> 2533274964189700;11:
> I actually do want to see prometheans return, but with a more classic style, and let sentinels be part of their forces.
>
>
> > 2535405142932928;6:
> > I think it wouldn’t have been bad if the Promethean knights AI was more aggressive and almost never teleported except when spawning in.
>
> My proposed fix is to actually make them vulnerable while teleporting. I mean they have a few seconds where they’re literally breaking into pieces as they teleport, that would logically expose systems that are normally armored. It also creates a scenario where the player is rewarded for taking advantage of the situation, and punished for ignoring it if it gets away.

That actually sounds like a good idea however the frequency the Prometheans teleport still needs toned down a bit, otherwise it may make them too easy to kill just by using that strategy of waiting for them to teleport and then going for the kill.

The UH-144 Falcon.

Having a large variety of UNSC vehicles [land, sea and air] can only be seen as a good thing.

campaign that is entirely playable online but also offline. Who knows what direction they go with it but I’m definitely out if you can’t play this thing offline as well and I wont be the only one

The issue isn’t not having online even as that’s not even a thing for me personally and I have gamepass anyway. Having to authenticate is the problem because nobody knows if we’ll be able to or not down the line and while I think it’s definitely a given we will, we don’t actually know this for sure. I like to play my games and being locked out of this is obviously a problem if the servers don’t exist to allow for that. Certainly an issue to be wary of especially as more and more games are being left not accessible for server shut down

as for Flood, only if they feel fun to fight as in HaloCE

> 2535445440275012;1:
> If you could ensure that one thing from a previous game makes a reappearance in Infinite, what would you pick? This could be anything, from a mechanic to a skull to a character to Marty’s music. And, it’d be just as good as it was in the original game it appeared in.
> Personally, I think I’d choose to have the Flood back. How cool would it be if, midway through Infinite, 343i introduces HW2 Flood into the game, just like in CE?

Well, Installation 07 or Zeta Halo did have a bad flood infestation during the forerunner/flood war. So, anything is possible. We will be able to tell when it has its rating, anything less than a M for Mature doesn’t bode well for any sign of the flood

I want to see the Flood coming back in the upcoming Halo Infinite. It will be great to see Master Chief, UNSC Marines and ODST Troopers fighting the Flood in the new Halo video game.