Enough is enough, I've had it with aim assist

Enough is enough, I’ve had it with aim assist on this suppose-to-be Monday to Friday game.

343i needs to open up some freakin windows by reducing the aim assist so that there will be a skill gap.

We all understand. Still hopeful that 343 will fix it.

Watched a video on the DMR’s aim assist, that majorly needs attention from Bravo.
The thing hit a 5 shot without the reticule even being red -.-.
All you have to do is aim near the persons head and magnetism does the rest.

Playing Halo 3 made me feel like a god in comparison to this game, I thought my gaming skill had diminished a ton until I realized the guns have heat seaking bullets.

Both Aim assist and bullet magnetism need to be greatly nerfed.

The skill in this game in non-existent. We need skill to come back instead of of aim assist doing all the work for people who arnt good. Aim assist had made some people better at 4 than reach. Reach had its problems but the aim assist is way less and so is the bullet magnetism.

I get killed all the time from bullet magnetism because it follows you even when you drop into cover. I have died by bullets going through walls so many time.

They decreased the skill in this game so much to cater towards the cod crowd and other gamers that like easier games.

I think if they can fix aim assist and bullet magnetism then the game will be a huge step better. They still need to fix the weapons and the more balanced gameplay. WE will see what they next move is.

I agree it should be brought down a little but I don’t think it’s absurd. This is absurd.

> I agree it should be brought down a little but I don’t think it’s absurd. This is absurd.

It is absurd, and, Halo 2 felt really fast, Halo 4 movement speed is so slow it looks like the Spartan is going backwards.

Halo 2 did have a lot of bullet magnetism, but sticky aim wasn’t ridiculous like Halo 4’s. Halo 3 got it right, though projectile weapons weren’t a great decision for online play.

Another factor that is somewhat overlooked is aim acceleration. The community is starting to understand that the DMR itself isn’t the problem - it is the fact that it is simply too easy to use. Bullet magnetism and sticky aim only make up for part of this, however.

If you’ll notice, you begin turning relatively slowly in Halo 4. Your rotational velocity is not constant. In previous games, I’m not sure that it was constant, but rotational acceleration certainly was higher. Notice that if you stand still and begin turning to your right, you’ll turn slowly at first, then pick up speed. In previous games, you began turning very quickly. This makes precise movements significantly easier than before.

The AA and BM is the second reason i refuse to play Halo 4, because it just feel too easy to hit the enemy.I like challenging FPS games that make my adrenaline spike higher in order to get that focus to get perfect shots off.The main reason is obviously lag, i just can’t stand any amount of lag in any game.

It is somewhat funny that 343 supposedly tried to cater to the CoD crowd with the high AA and BM when CoD has very little to none of it itself(minor exception with black ops 1)which can be seen easy on a LAN connection or a game with people with good connections.Halo actually has a aimbo… err allot of AA and BM in the game, which can be seen quite easily offline or online.

I really hope 343 stops making Halo into my little pony which can be played and beaten by any 5 year old.Please make Halo in a “Mature” game title catered towards people with good eye to hand coordination.The people that have poor coordination and reflexes will not all of a sudden get better if you make it easier to aim.Though if you try to make it easier for them of course they will never get better, just saying.

Even if 343 want’s to stay away from traditional Halo, AA and BM is a big no no in a FPS game in multiplayer.In campaign it’s understandable, but multiplayer is a different story.You do not help people out with a in-game aimbot, because that’s what 343 pretty much did.I should stop, now im just ranting.

> The AA and BM is the second reason i refuse to play Halo 4, because it just feel too easy to hit the enemy.I like challenging FPS games that make my adrenaline spike higher in order to get that focus to get perfect shots off.The main reason is obviously lag, i just can’t stand any amount of lag in any game.
>
> It is somewhat funny that 343 supposedly tried to cater to the CoD crowd with the high AA and BM when CoD has very little to none of it itself(minor exception with black ops 1)which can be seen easy on a LAN connection or a game with people with good connections.Halo actually has a aimbo… err allot of AA and BM in the game, which can be seen quite easily offline or online.
>
> I really hope 343 stops making Halo into my little pony which can be played and beaten by any 5 year old.Please make Halo in a “Mature” game title catered towards people with good eye to hand coordination.The people that have poor coordination and reflexes will not all of a sudden get better if you make it easier to aim.Though if you try to make it easier for them of course they will never get better, just saying.
>
> Even if 343 want’s to stay away from traditional Halo, AA and BM is a big no no in a FPS game in multiplayer.In campaign it’s understandable, but multiplayer is a different story.You do not help people out with a in-game aimbot, because that’s what 343 pretty much did.I should stop, now im just ranting.

COD has plenty of aim assist/bullet magnetism. If it didn’t, it would be nearly unplayable. You know how hard it is to betray someone? That’s what it’s like without aim assistance.

> Enough is enough, I’ve had it with aim assist on this suppose-to-be Monday to Friday game.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A
>
>
> 343i needs to open up some freakin windows by reducing the aim assist so that there will be a <mark>skill gap</mark>.

Only needs to be one in Customs Games for MLG players and competitive types…perhaps in play lists like Team throwdown.

IMO, many people left Halo 4 because Halo is to hard. Increasing teh skill gap will see the already small population decrease even further. It is also my opinion that the competitive scene of Halo 3 has killed off Halo.

> > Enough is enough, I’ve had it with aim assist on this suppose-to-be Monday to Friday game.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A
> >
> >
> > 343i needs to open up some freakin windows by reducing the aim assist so that there will be a <mark>skill gap</mark>.
>
> Only needs to be one in Customs Games for MLG players and competitive types…perhaps in play lists like Team throwdown.
>
> IMO, many people left Halo 4 because Halo is to hard. Increasing teh skill gap will see the already small population decrease even further. It is also my opinion that the competitive scene of Halo 3 has killed off Halo.

If Halo 4 is too hard this world will end in about 50 years.

> Halo 2 did have a lot of bullet magnetism, but sticky aim wasn’t ridiculous like Halo 4’s. Halo 3 got it right, though projectile weapons weren’t a great decision for online play.
>
> Another factor that is somewhat overlooked is aim acceleration. The community is starting to understand that the DMR itself isn’t the problem - it is the fact that it is simply too easy to use. Bullet magnetism and sticky aim only make up for part of this, however.
>
> If you’ll notice, you begin turning relatively slowly in Halo 4. Your rotational velocity is not constant. In previous games, I’m not sure that it was constant, but rotational acceleration certainly was higher. Notice that if you stand still and begin turning to your right, you’ll turn slowly at first, then pick up speed. In previous games, you began turning very quickly. This makes precise movements significantly easier than before.

This is all true. I watched videos to see how things have changed from Halo 3 to Halo 4 and it is obvious that the aim assist is higher. In Halo 3 it was hard to keep up with constant movement in different directions, but the reticle in this game is very adhesive and in Reach i think there may have been a little bit more magnetism then Halo 3, but the bloom dmr was meant to balance that out, but either way it was not as bad as Halo 4.

> > Enough is enough, I’ve had it with aim assist on this suppose-to-be Monday to Friday game.
> >
> >
> >
> > 343i needs to open up some freakin windows by reducing the aim assist so that there will be a <mark>skill gap</mark>.
>
> Only needs to be one in Customs Games for MLG players and competitive types…perhaps in play lists like Team throwdown.
>
> IMO, many people left Halo 4 because Halo is to hard. Increasing teh skill gap will see the already small population decrease even further. It is also my opinion that the competitive scene of Halo 3 has killed off Halo.

I hate MLG settings and never played their playlist in Halo 3. Yet, here I am playing Halo 3 as I type this. Competitives aren’t the only players that hate a really easy game.

> >
> >
> >
>
>

Please tell me you’re trolling… H4 has the worst population of any Halo game because it is so damn EASY. If they were to put the original xbox servers up tomorrow, more people would probably go back and play Halo 2 than this game.

> >
> >
> >
>
>

Halo 3 was not all about being competitive, but you had to get better, and that was fun in itself. I guess I never got the full experience because I lacked any of the new maps, but Halo 3 did not kill off Halo. That makes no since at all.

You never had to experience Call outs and weapon spawn control if you did not want to. Halo is not hard and this game is DEFIANTLY NOT HARD. I can only assume that some left because of the changes that were done WITHOUT anyone knowing and not to mention the AIM ASSIST. And some probably tried halo for the first time and did not like it.

I really do not have a problem with them not reducing the aim assist in this game because it seems pointless now, and the weapon changes seem to be the right path that will add some challenge, BUT THE AIM ASSIST NEEDS TO BE REDUCED IN THE NEXT 2 GAMES.

So I take it you guys hated Halo 2 then? Right?

(And yeah, I know magnetism =/= AA, but you know what I mean…)

>

343i made Halo 4 easy so that anyone can be good at the game.

> So I take it you guys hated Halo 2 then? Right?
>
>
>
> (And yeah, I know magnetism =/= AA, but you know what I mean…)

I mainly played Halo 2 with my friends split screen, I didn’t have LIVE back then. Never really noticed it because I was the only one of my friends that could remember where the Rockets, Sniper, and Swords spawned on maps. :slight_smile:

> Enough is enough, I’ve had it with aim assist on this suppose-to-be Monday to Friday game.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A
>
>
> 343i needs to open up some freakin windows by reducing the aim assist so that there will be a skill gap.

Perhaps stick to Melee, Beatdowns and Assassinations. Then, you won’t have to worry and stress over aim assist.

> > > Enough is enough, I’ve had it with aim assist on this suppose-to-be Monday to Friday game.
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A
> > >
> > >
> > > 343i needs to open up some freakin windows by reducing the aim assist so that there will be a <mark>skill gap</mark>.
> >
> > Only needs to be one in Customs Games for MLG players and competitive types…perhaps in play lists like Team throwdown.
> >
> > IMO, many people left Halo 4 because Halo is to hard. Increasing teh skill gap will see the already small population decrease even further. It is also my opinion that the competitive scene of Halo 3 has killed off Halo.
>
> If Halo 4 is too hard this world will end in about 50 years.

This times 10 fold, every single person I know who plays halo 4 is better at it than all the other halo’s. My friends who can’t pull a 1.0 in reach or 3 or 2, get 1.2-2.0 , it’s beyond easy if use the dmr and are smart in map positioning. For the love of god even my nephews, who couldn’t even consitently get 5 kills in halo 3 or reach, average 11 and 13 kills per game (they are trash when they play anyone with a brain).