Enhanced Melee Combat?

We have energy swords.
And the addition of bayonets and knight-blades. Fine. Dandy.

But now heres’ the thing… What about… The combat knife, in combat? Just pull it out when behind cover, when the enemy moves in, ya slash 'em.
Just think of all the ways knives could be used! And even have the glory kills from DOOM? When you jump on 'em and rip them apart and stuff.
So instead of the “beeep, beeep, beeep” checking the motion sensor, we instead pull out our knife.
Now these could kind of have weapon skins (not to look like CS in any way) and be permanent unlocks. And in small maps like Fathom, Mercy, Torque, Riptide, they’d all be quite useful. Being able to go melee-ham on someone.

And to expand… LOADOUT VARIANTS!
In Warzone, there could also be variants (variants usable in the “Service ID” section where emblem is chosen, you select your knife variant, i.e. knight blades and kind of Covenant mini-sword things) and then there would be one used only in Warzone (it’s a loadout thing) and it would kind of have the appearance of an arclight charging up… Blue and red loops go around it. And when this particular knife whacks a vehicle, it gets EMP’d. Now it works like any other knife most of the time. And the EMP effect charges for 10 seconds (swinging cooldown is 1.5 seconds for maximum sneakiness)
Just imagine being a -Yoink- to a Phaeton Helios.

And here’s my next idea…
Knife throwing:
You can through knives. You have 5 starting out, one to the head is death, one to the body gets rid of shields. Like a ranged melee.
However they are rather inaccurate, so it’s kind of nerf’d.
Now throwing an EMP knife will damage a vehicle and EMP it for 20 seconds (because it’s so damn unlikely to hit a VTOL in the air)
And that opens up having the “Close Range Specializer” armor mod.
This allows:
-10 knives (because more EMP knives the better)
-because of close range combat, double the SMG and Magnum ammo

And then it could be expanded with Knight Broadswords.
Doing the same thing, except it takes shields, and HALF your health. Luckily, they can’t be aqquired in Arena.
Now, besides strength (all these knife variants are lvl. 6 so you’re not getting them too easily) the Knight Broadsword also comes equipped with the ability to lunge, a little bit.
3 quarters of the Energy Sword (standard)

This would make assassinations maybe slightly faster. For all knives.
And as for broadswords, assassinating someone with one in-hand will cause an equivalent to the knight assassination where you take the blade and stab them.
Assassinating someone with this as your weapon will cause the coolest energy sword assassination equivalent. But also a new one:
A: Uses their elbow to grab hold of B, throwing them to the side.
B: On ground next to A, followed by stab to chest.

Kind of like “And Stay Down”

I’ve always wanted to use a knife as a loadout weapon. Can you imagine the creative ways of sneaking around and attacking people from where they least expect it? I can already see the montages.

Knife-throwing in Halo would be AF. Your concept of a “stun knife” is very cool, too.

Besides knives, I want to see some kicking action. They would deal more damage than a punch, elbow strike, or a buttstroke, but are slightly slower to use.

If we had combat knives, then why spend RP on getting energy swords/bayonets when you can do the same damage with a knife?
They’d do too much damage, the bayonet DMR is level 8 and all that does is shoot and one hit melee enemies, but if you removed the DMR and gave it an EMP…
It would basically be a kinetic energy sword.

I wouldn’t care for those additions personally, but what if they added a feature where if you hold the melee button, the Spartan pulls out a combat Knife and has reduced Speed (to about that you have when holding a turret) and if you release the melee button close enough behind someone it is a quick assassination that can’t be yoinked?

This is the dumbest thing I’ve heard in my life

> 2535425828868940;5:
> This is the dumbest thing I’ve heard in my life

May want to educate yourself because this almost made it into Halo. In the CE Mac version there’s numerous screen shots of a machete like melee weapon.

> 2535425828868940;5:
> This is the dumbest thing I’ve heard in my life

Ya know, there’s this brand new feature on most computers. It’s called… Closing it, you just shut it down, and walk away.
Why spread hate?

> 2533274958671328;3:
> If we had combat knives, then why spend RP on getting energy swords/bayonets when you can do the same damage with a knife?
> They’d do too much damage, the bayonet DMR is level 8 and all that does is shoot and one hit melee enemies, but if you removed the DMR and gave it an EMP…
> It would basically be a kinetic energy sword.

Yeah, that’s a good point.
But if this is in H6, and if in a better world according to people that played the original titles (i.e. CE-3) we wouldn’t have REQ variants. Just the plain and simple weapons, then with out bayonets too, then this could happen.

> 2533274883501878;4:
> I wouldn’t care for those additions personally, but what if they added a feature where if you hold the melee button, the Spartan pulls out a combat Knife and has reduced Speed (to about that you have when holding a turret) and if you release the melee button close enough behind someone it is a quick assassination that can’t be yoinked?

Yeah that could be kinda cool.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> I’ve always wanted to use a knife as a loadout weapon. Can you imagine the creative ways of sneaking around and attacking people from where they least expect it? I can already see the montages.
>
> Knife-throwing in Halo would be AF. Your concept of a “stun knife” is very cool, too.
>
> Besides knives, I want to see some kicking action. They would deal more damage than a punch, elbow strike, or a buttstroke, but are slightly slower to use.

Yeah, kicking could be cool.

But knives are kind of a Halo thing. And being able to wield a knife in WZ would be cool.

Wait, did I even mention the Knight Blades? No, I didn’t. Did I?
Idek.

> 2535469741293678;11:
> Wait, did I even mention the Knight Blades? No, I didn’t. Did I?
> Idek.

I did.
I’m an idiot.

Nah I don’t think that would help, it would lose more of the Halo feel if they messed around with melee too much

> 2533274838073795;13:
> Nah I don’t think that would help, it would lose more of the Halo feel if they messed around with melee too much

Yeah, I guess you’re right.
But admit it.
You think the concept of knifing someone is cool.

> 2535469741293678;14:
> > 2533274838073795;13:
> > Nah I don’t think that would help, it would lose more of the Halo feel if they messed around with melee too much
>
> Yeah, I guess you’re right.
> But admit it.
> You think the concept of knifing someone is cool.

I’m not even going to try to deny that lol it would be fantastic

I wouldn’t mind the addition of a knife! We could finally have a use for the down button on the d-pad.
however, in arena we would only have a regular knife, no throwing knife, that’s just a little too extreme for me with arena because then there’s all that stuff about cross map throwing. But being able to pull out a knife in combat would be great,
a spartan has a knife on him at all times, we know because of assassinations, some like the wrath armor show it, so why wouldn’t they use them more

It would be a game changer for sure but should only be in WZ. This would be so cool.

> 2533274838073795;15:
> > 2535469741293678;14:
> > > 2533274838073795;13:
> > > Nah I don’t think that would help, it would lose more of the Halo feel if they messed around with melee too much
> >
> > Yeah, I guess you’re right.
> > But admit it.
> > You think the concept of knifing someone is cool.
>
> I’m not even going to try to deny that lol it would be fantastic

Yeah XD

Perhaps if Halo had a spin-off fighting style game, this would be neat. But in the Halo we have here, that would be a no, from me. It would make the energy swords and such useless. you’d also get those people who would just run around with them and run in for a quick melee.

> 2533274925727172;19:
> Perhaps if Halo had a spin-off fighting style game, this would be neat. But in the Halo we have here, that would be a no, from me. It would make the energy swords and such useless. you’d also get those people who would just run around with them and run in for a quick melee.

Yeah, yeah.
Like a Halo Mortal Kombat.
Halo: Brawl.
See, that could have like Elites dishing it out with swords and stuff. And like Elite vs. Brute because they have hammers… Man that could be cool.
And of course put humans into the mix.