Engineers

So not sure if Engineers will be in Halo Infinite but if they are to come back in any future Halo game I have a couple things to say about them

I think Engineers should be Mix of both Reach and ODST in Halo ODST they just ate bullets meaning they took for ever to kill and then when they finally died they would shoot out bombs that was strapped to them in all directions where in Reach they were way easier to kill but the bombs were also taken away or at least not as effective anyway I think in future Halo Games Engineers should be as easy to Kill as they were in Reach but they should have the Bombs that spread out in all directions that they had in ODST The Bombs from ODST will give players something to beware of when fighting Engineers but having the Health be like how it is in Reach will stop players from getting surround and killed by other covenant when trying to deal with the Engineers and they are less like bullet sponges then.

This isnt a wish list but more of a destine tweak I would make to the Enemy if they were to return

Don’t forget they also gave allies extra shields. Maybe having two types would be cool. One version would have bombs and blow up when you kill them and hurt anything around them, another version wouldn’t have bombs but rather a shield itself and shield allies that would be harder to kill. Mixing both in a single fight could get interesting.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> Don’t forget they also gave allies extra shields. Maybe having two types would be cool. One version would have bombs and blow up when you kill them and hurt anything around them, another version wouldn’t gave bombs but rather a shield itself and shield allies that would be harder to kill. Mixing both in a single fight could get interesting.

Having 2 types is a very interesting idea! I believe, besides Drones, Engineers are the only common enemy that didn’t have some sort of variation in classes. It’d be interesting to see them explore more into the Engineers!

> 2533274808720292;3:
> > 2533275031939856;2:
> > Don’t forget they also gave allies extra shields. Maybe having two types would be cool. One version would have bombs and blow up when you kill them and hurt anything around them, another version wouldn’t gave bombs but rather a shield itself and shield allies that would be harder to kill. Mixing both in a single fight could get interesting.
>
> Having 2 types is a very interesting idea! I believe, besides Drones, Engineers are the only common enemy that didn’t have some sort of variation in classes. It’d be interesting to see them explore more into the Engineers!

Agreed! There are only two variations I know of. There’s the typical ones we see in ODST and Reach, who can fix mechanical constructs. Then there’s the Lifeworker Engineers who can repair organic material. Only one of these has been referenced thus far, and that was in Last Light and Retribution. I’d love to see the Lifeworker variant in a game. Perhaps that could be a health regenerating engineer (if we get health bars back).

Now that the Covenant is gone, so too may be their anti-A.I. policy. Interesting if post-Covenant races starting creating their own artificial Engineers. Real Engineers being hard to care for and control, they start creating artificial, robotic, A.I. ones for various jobs.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> Don’t forget they also gave allies extra shields. Maybe having two types would be cool. One version would have bombs and blow up when you kill them and hurt anything around them, another version wouldn’t have bombs but rather a shield itself and shield allies that would be harder to kill. Mixing both in a single fight could get interesting.

I remembered the shields but the change of the shields between ODST and Reach didnt seem to drastic to me so I didnt bother mentioning it so what ever version they go with is fine either way

> 2535435902217648;4:
> > 2533274808720292;3:
> > > 2533275031939856;2:
> > > Don’t forget they also gave allies extra shields. Maybe having two types would be cool. One version would have bombs and blow up when you kill them and hurt anything around them, another version wouldn’t gave bombs but rather a shield itself and shield allies that would be harder to kill. Mixing both in a single fight could get interesting.
> >
> > Having 2 types is a very interesting idea! I believe, besides Drones, Engineers are the only common enemy that didn’t have some sort of variation in classes. It’d be interesting to see them explore more into the Engineers!
>
> Agreed! There are only two variations I know of. There’s the typical ones we see in ODST and Reach, who can fix mechanical constructs. Then there’s the Lifeworker Engineers who can repair organic material. Only one of these has been referenced thus far, and that was in Last Light and Retribution. I’d love to see the Lifeworker variant in a game. Perhaps that could be a health regenerating engineer (if we get health bars back).

> 2533274808720292;3:
> > 2533275031939856;2:
> > Don’t forget they also gave allies extra shields. Maybe having two types would be cool. One version would have bombs and blow up when you kill them and hurt anything around them, another version wouldn’t gave bombs but rather a shield itself and shield allies that would be harder to kill. Mixing both in a single fight could get interesting.
>
> I believe, besides Drones, Engineers are the only common enemy that didn’t have some sort of variation in classes.

Umm Drones actually do have more then one class. In ODST there were all different colour drones Red, Blue, Yellow but there was also a Queen drone which is basically just like the others but it had a shield and a bit more health they were normally Green. Also I think each colour drone had a different weapon not sure on that though ill have to look into it to make sure but I think the normal Yellow ones had Plasma Pistol and the others had Plasma Rifles not sure which one had the Red and which one had the Purple Plasma Rifles though ill have to play ODST again to figure it out

> 2533274841754141;1:
> So not sure if Engineers will be in Halo Infinite but if they are to come back in any future Halo game I have a couple things to say about them
>
> I think Engineers should be Mix of both Reach and ODST in Halo ODST they just ate bullets meaning they took for ever to kill and then when they finally died they would shoot out bombs that was strapped to them in all directions where in Reach they were way easier to kill but the bombs were also taken away or at least not as effective anyway I think in future Halo Games Engineers should be as easy to Kill as they were in Reach but they should have the Bombs that spread out in all directions that they had in ODST The Bombs from ODST will give players something to beware of when fighting Engineers but having the Health be like how it is in Reach will stop players from getting surround and killed by other covenant when trying to deal with the Engineers and they are less like bullet sponges then.
>
> This isnt a wish list but more of a destine tweak I would make to the Enemy if they were to return

I like your idea i hope It return on Halo infinite

The best part of ODST was when you would find two engineers together, shielding each other. Making it near impossible to kill them. :slight_smile:

While they don’t really do that much and cannonicaly have no reason to be on Instalation 07 it would be awesome to have them.

> 2535436725560438;10:
> While they don’t really do that much and cannonicaly have no reason to be on Instalation 07 it would be awesome to have them.

While, as far as I know, there is nothing explicitly stating in canon that engineers were on Installation 07, it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch for Huragok to be on a major Forerunner installation like a Halo. I mean you not only have a monitor for each Halo, but also several sub-system AIs that report to the monitor. So in a sense, a Huragok could just be one of these many sub-system AIs, in a sense.